Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2019, 10:01 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
corrupt piece of trash... that was obama
No, it’s trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 10:01 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Did I strike a nerve with you going after the richest man in the world, does he need your defense? I thought the libs hated the billionaires, or do the ones that run the Washington Post get a pass?

Add sitting in the oval getting dome from a staffer while his wife sits in the other room to your list, oh wait that was a democrat president

First; the irony was not apparent to you before you posted but had to be explained to you.

Secondly Clinton got caught after he was elected, not before; yet the morality challenged still elected Trump.

Thirdly; your post suggests I'm defending Bezos by pointing out your obvious contradiction of linear thinking. I'm not.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:03 AM

23,967 posts, read 15,063,270 times
The GF's brother did it.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:04 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
That was a mistake, most Democrats agree. It won't happen again in 2020, I can assure you.
I don't know about that.

Trump didn't appear out of nowhere. Republicans have been heading in this direction for decades. There's a thread about Newt getting this nasty business underway.

Trump may be gone, but the base of the Republican party will still be with us and next time they might install a competent con man.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:05 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Maybe if the dems hadn't anointed Her Highness as the Sure Thing, had run a better candidate, had allowed Bernie his chance, etc.

Trump was killin it over the tepid republican suits with his populist message. And all dems had was Her?
Bernie?

Trump talks like a populist but governs like a right wing 1%er

Old 02-08-2019, 10:16 AM

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
First; the irony was not apparent to you before you posted but had to be explained to you.

Secondly Clinton got caught after he was elected, not before; yet the morality challenged still elected Trump.

Thirdly; your post suggests I'm defending Bezos by pointing out your obvious contradiction of linear thinking. I'm not.
First, wrong. Go back and read my response that Neutral Party thought I wouldn’t respond to. I have no problem calling a spade a spade unlike the party loyalist here.

Second, not sure how that makes your arguement any stronger, at least it happened while he was in Office??There were rape accusations on Clinton before he was elected president. You think you are morally superior? You sure talk like it, which leads me to believe you only speak with like-minded individuals and are not very well liked.

Third, good luck with that.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:35 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, it’s trump.
trump is corrupt yes... but he is nothing on that corrupt POS obama

Old 02-08-2019, 10:36 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I have no use for tabloids and if any laws were broken I hope Bezos gets his justice in this.

That being said, the Enquirer has gotten pictures for decades and decades of stars, politicians and others in compromising circumstances etc.

They have paparazzi take them, buy them off people like the tech that transfers stuff over to your new phone or oh....a jealous hubby that puts software on his wifes computer because he thinks they're cheating...and then sends the photo to the enquirer.

There is also the family\friends angle which will leak pics for $$$ but that doesn't likely apply here.

The other possibility I'm surprised none of you thought of is if the mistress leaked the pics herself. Now if it's two nobodies then of course the hubby would suspect her if his wife gets the info....but if it's the super rich and famous you can leak them, blame it on um....the government or tabloids etc. and then expedite your transition to Mrs. Bezos 2.0
The brother of the mistress is an ardent Trump supporter with ties to Carter Page. He's certainly a possible source but, if that were the case, AMI would have no reason to panic about anything Bezos' investigation team would dig up.

Bezos wrote his investigators a blank check, and told them to spend what they needed to find the truth. I guess money really does talk. Worried about losing your job if you snitch out your dirtbag boss? Here's a better one, now spill. A PI with deep pockets can go places that government investigators can't.

AMI seems to be paranoid about the Saudi connection. The Washington Post has been relentless in its pressure on the Khashoggi murder. That appears to be a Post decision that Bezos was not involved in. You don't dismember a Post reporter and walk. The CIA fingered the Saudi Crown Prince. Trump just shrugged. AMI has been in negotiations with the Saudis and has been running Saudi puff pieces. Their panic makes no sense, because news organizations are specifically exempted from the Foreign Agents Registration Act. They can spy for and represent the Saudis all they want. The motive for the Bezos extortion attempt looks to be domestic, centered on US politics.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:39 AM

989 posts, read 455,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The brother of the mistress is an ardent Trump supporter with ties to Carter Page. He's certainly a possible source but, if that were the case, AMI would have no reason to panic about anything Bezos' investigation team would dig up.

And that fact seems to be an easy enough one to figure out without spending much money.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:39 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
trump is corrupt yes... but he is nothing on that corrupt POS obama
President Obama had a scandal free presidency. So far, just two years in, five key Trump advisors have been convicted of crimes already, with more to come. But you keep pushing that lie. I'm quite certain the rest of your fellow cultists believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies