Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 09:04 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
No, and let's not mistake him for some sort of white hat in this situation. His behavior was childish and despicable as concerns his wife and family, not to mention very selfish and careless.
You must really hate Trump then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 06:14 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,176,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You must really hate Trump then.
I've had my moments as far as that particular issue is concerned, yes.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:22 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
The girlfriend's BROTHER sold the texts to the National Enquirer. How is Trump, or anyone else to blame for her BROTHER selling the texts voluntarily? Trust me, this woman is bad news, and Bezos fell for it. He is probably already having huge regrets, but if not now, he will be soon. What a tool!

Old 03-20-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The girlfriend's BROTHER sold the texts to the National Enquirer. How is Trump, or anyone else to blame for her BROTHER selling the texts voluntarily? Trust me, this woman is bad news, and Bezos fell for it. He is probably already having huge regrets, but if not now, he will be soon. What a tool!
True. And it illustrates how people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, or boulders, for that matter.

It seems that some of these "tech titans" hold themselves up as moral arbiters of social behavior and they don't like it much when the mud they sling splashes back on them.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:23 AM

In light of the now-confirmed "the brother did it" information from the Wall Street Journal, I think this earlier link that I posted a little while back deserves a second look:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ers-new-theory

This is where the brother denies being the source of the leak. But it turns out he was, indeed, the source. Here's the part that's interesting to me:

"Lauren and Jeff called me like 911. They were terrified," Michael said - adding that one of the options on the table included buying AMI, the Enquirer's parent company owned by Trump ally David Pecker.

"We discussed the possibility to buy A.M.I.—not to kill the story, but to find out the source. They said that’s not a bad idea. We discussed numbers and the name of the LLC that we’d use. It would be called BOBO LCC”—short for Lauren’s helicopter filming company, Black Ops, and Bezos’s space company, Blue Origin—“that’s the level of detail we went into," said Michael Sanchez.

Instead of executing that plan - which would have included Michael flying to New York on January 8 to meet with Enquirer editor Dylan Howard - Bezos hired powerhouse Los Angeles lawyer Marty Singer. The next day, Bezos tweeted that he was divorcing his wife MacKenzie."

There's more at the link, but what it looks like to me (new theory) is simple greed. And I'm not talking about the $200,000 that the brother got paid, that's peanuts compared to what he could have made. It looks as if he wanted to broker a deal for Bezos to buy out AMI, playing both sides of the fence. AMI has financial problems to begin with. If Bezos bought them out, with the brother at the heart of the deal, everyone makes out, like AMI, the brother, Lauren, etc. Everyone but Jeff, who called their bluff.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:04 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:
Brother is a Trump supporter.

Surely you can see that brother might have sold the info with a political motivation, as well as financial. I suspect that bro and sis were not on good terms to begin with - they are surely not on good terms now!

Trump does not need to have been in on it for it to benefit Trump.

I'm not a fan of any of these people. All *******s. Including Trump.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:06 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
Quote:
It’s midlife crisis. I’m glad we hear nothing from Gates.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:07 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Surely you can see that brother might have sold the info with a political motivation, as well as financial. I suspect that bro and sis were not on good terms to begin with - they are surely not on good terms now!

I don’t share my texts with my brother. Sleazy sister is a problem too.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:13 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
True. And it illustrates how people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, or boulders, for that matter.

It seems that some of these "tech titans" hold themselves up as moral arbiters of social behavior and they don't like it much when the mud they sling splashes back on them.
I don't pay much attention to Bezos. Do you have examples of him doing such? I didn't think he really got political besides owning WaPo and letting its editorial board continue to do the same thing as before he bought the paper.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Sorry to tell you, but not everything is about Trump. As much as you and he may think so.

and if bro and sis were not on good terms to begin with, I doubt if she would have let him have access to her phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies