Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 02:44 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That would make too much sense. Lets just continue to folster a cultre where desperate men have to hit on or harass women at the bar in order to get laid. As paying for someone who willingly gives it up is too immoral.
What's so immoral about paying, especially if both parties part company happy? What's so moral about giving sex away for free? Or maybe paying to have sex with advanced life size female dolls be moral to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 02:56 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
All I'm hearing from arguments against is that women are weak, can't take responsibility and need support from men. I don't believe that for a moment, but that's the sole conclusion that I can derive from the arguments against.
Feminists are weak, irresponsible & dependent but women are not. Feminists have perpetrated the myth that the past was filled with nothing but subservience & drudgery & we are “lucky” to have come so far. That lie is what has made them blind to the societal destruction they have caused.

Quote:
Is that what you really think? Where are the empowered women who can match or exceed men in all fields of pursuit? A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle (until they become pregnant).

21st century, feminism will never succeed until it permits male gender roles to adjust, and this one thing is a start.
21st century feminism will never succeed because it’s built on a false construct.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:55 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That would make too much sense. Lets just continue to folster a cultre where desperate men have to hit on or harass women at the bar in order to get laid. As paying for someone who willingly gives it up is too immoral.
I think advances towards a male pill, might change the dynamics in relation to planned parenthood in the future.

Male contraceptive pill is safe to use and does not harm sex drive, first clinical trial finds - The Telegraph

Hope for male 'pill' breakthrough after huge cash injection | Science | The Guardian

Old 02-02-2019, 08:14 AM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times
Quote:
What are the actual stats on births where the pregnancy is known vs. unknown? 50%? Sure that's not going to work, 1%? Different story, under 1%?

Using UK stats (since they appeared first in my search results) they recorded 600 births where the mother was unaware in one year. Out of 680,000 live births, so less than 0.1%. Is the US any different?

If it's only 1 in 1000 then 999 folks get a choice, that's pretty good odds.
But if a financial abortion law went into effect do you think lots of woman would lie and claim they had no idea they were pregnant?

Old 02-02-2019, 08:18 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider07 View Post
This is interesting. As a guy, I would never abandon my responsibilities. Not even a thought or question for me. However, what if in my younger days, I had gotten some young lady pregnant, and she did not want the baby, but I did. As the man, i would not have any say in the matter, she could legally have an abortion against my wishes, even if I was offering to take the baby and raise the child without any help from her or her family.

I find it funny that some people say men have no say over what a woman does with her body but he is the one on the hook for paying for the child, whether he wants it or not, if she decides to keep it, but has no say in whether the baby is kept or not.

I am not expert on abortion laws, so, if a couple is married, does it give the man more of a right to stop an abortion?
Nope, the wife can hire a contract killer such as Planned Parenthood and you have no say in whether or not she has your child exterminated. If she chooses to let it live, you're on the hook to pay for him/her.

Fortunately, my wife is just (if not more) against killing babies as I am.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:54 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
But if a financial abortion law went into effect do you think lots of woman would lie and claim they had no idea they were pregnant?
That's fraud.

A serious crime.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:03 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
No, of course not. But I cannot give permission, unless it's my daughter and she is in my custody. But when she reaches adulthood, she can choose whatever she wants. I'll say I'm against this or that, but at the end of the day I'm powerless. Talking about 'volunteering your woman' smells of ugly patriarchy to me.
Clearly, but the point is you're okay with it as long as it's someone else's mother, sisters and daughters playing the role of the neighborhood wh@re.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:14 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Would you want your mother, sisters and daughters being the neighborhood wh@res? It's all hunky dory than for you right? Or would you want a better life for them.
Can't you say that about a lot of professions? I don't think most parents aspire for their kids to work in a call center, or on a factory line or as a maid, but at the end of the day, people make choices based on circumstances and need.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:09 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
There should be more positive publicity for vasectomies. Clinics that freeze sperm could advertise.
I feel like I’m about up to my eyeballs in non-reproductive sex propaganda. Vasectomies should only be done with full informed consent. If you were not advised about the possibility of PVP; you are unable to give your informed consent.

Post Vasectomy Pain - Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Arriving at a scientific consensus that permanent sterilization was safe & convenient for both women & men was one of the means to the ends for the zero-population growth advocating elites.

That consensus was achieved via the US Collaborative Review of Sterilization, which followed over 11,000 women for up to 14 years who had undergone either tubal ligation, Hysterectomy or whose partners had a vasectomy.

I’m trying to say that those results were bought & paid for.

Now; many doctors have never even heard of Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome (PTLS) or Post Vasectomy Pain Syndrome (PVPS) but regardless; these procedures are not free from risks. Not the “normal” risks; these risks you will never see listed on a surgical consent form, despite having affected a minority of people significantly.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?h...tates%22&qst=b

Personally, I don’t agree with Financial Abortion as a policy because it would obviously be the children who would suffer ... again. But equal means equal. If that’s what it takes; that is an example of when the ends DO justify the means.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:16 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What's so immoral about paying, especially if both parties part company happy? What's so moral about giving sex away for free? Or maybe paying to have sex with advanced life size female dolls be moral to you?
*whoosh* you missed the sarcasm.

I'm 100% for legalized prostitution for two consenting adults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies