Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 09:42 AM

956 posts, read 744,758 times

Advertisements

Government healthcare, hahahaha, see how well the VA runs. Damned idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 10:11 AM

4,660 posts, read 1,951,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Would members of congress go on the same system as we the people or would they continue with their special high class personal care scheme?
This remember how congress didn't rush to sign up for Obamacare. When those in power are required and live by the same rules they want the rest of us to live under then I will take them serious. Al Gore, all wealthy "environmentally" conscious celebs who rail against gun ownership, walls and environmental destruction. Who yet have armed guards, walls around their multiple 10000 square foot mansions and fly in their private jets. Paying for their carbon offsets because money is meaningless and they are "special people".

Old 02-01-2019, 11:04 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
I like her a lot, but not sure about Medicare for all at this point. It'd be great, but to pay for it?

Old 02-01-2019, 11:12 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Just what we need, more Federal employees. I mean look how super efficient the VA has been and is still ran....

The Obamacare website only cost a couple of billion and change. I wonder how much it would have cost a private company to do the same thing?

We don't need a bigger more bloated Fed.
"I mean look how super efficient the VA has been and is still ran...."

A friend of mine was diagnosed with a disease and was given about a year to live by the VA.

He deteriorated more rapidly then they had thought and he was given wheelchair.

Because of his height the chair was to small so a larger one ordered.

The VA sent a contractor in to modify his bathroom for handicapped use.

The contractor determined the existing bathroom could not be modified so the VA decided to build a new room onto his house.

Even before the construction work started his condition got worse and was told to "get his financials in order", a sign he did NOT have long to live.

The VA did NOT STOP the construction job.

He died when the new room was half way finished.

The construction was finally finished about 3 months AFTER his death.

The new larger wheelchair arrived AFTER his death.

The VA has NEVER asked for either wheelchair back and it has been over 2 yeas now, so my friend's wife donated them.

THIS is the "efficiency" of the fed gov't run VA.

I DO know many vets who have had very good things to say about the VA but NONE have had any really serious medical problems.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Our government has negotiating powers that private insurers simply don't. Our government is NOT trying to make a profit that private insurers are.

See how simple that is?
"Our government is NOT trying to make a profit that private insurers are."

And the gov't is NOT efficient.

Because the get a budget they don't care about costs. If they don't spend every penny this year, the will NOT get a bigger budget next year.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But I'm guessing that she has absolutely no problem with the very excellent exclusive taxpayer paid for health care that she and her family gets by virtue of being a US Senator.

I'd explain your misconception but, you would dent it anyway, so what is the use?

Old 02-01-2019, 11:23 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Guys at the country club who cannot talking amongst themselves

Golly, my health insurance is just great! Said Joe the CEO of Rich Guys Consultants
I agree! Said James, Lead counsel for Dewey Cheatham and Howe
The peasants are a rising I say Said William head of Bust Out Private Equity
Chad Dooshbag the ski bum with a trust fund just rolled his eyes nodding.
Billy Tauzin just sat beside them smiling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies