Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 10:51 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That is in fact exactly what it was.

Next you'll tell us that Rosa Parks planned her sitting in front of the bus to "get a result". (She totally planned it.)
Yes, the entire event was faked to promote the civil rights movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 11:38 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Yes, the entire event was faked to promote the civil rights movement.
If only I'd thought to type "she totally planned it". Oh wait. I did.

Although "faked" is not true. The retribution directed at her was very real - it was just that hse was prepared for it. Bullies always find it unfair if their intended victims turn the tables, of course.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:58 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If only I'd thought to type "she totally planned it". Oh wait. I did.

Although "faked" is not true. The retribution directed at her was very real - it was just that hse was prepared for it. Bullies always find it unfair if their intended victims turn the tables, of course.
If only I had typed "yes", in agreement. You would do well to dial back the smugness.

Old 02-15-2019, 06:50 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
They can crap in one hand and wish in the other see which one fills up faster. Christians will be persecuted even more before a final solution is found to the problem of cultural marxism.
I think you need a "snickers bar".

Old 03-20-2022, 06:45 AM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
I guess they will try to drag this out a little longer, I wonder who's carrying her legal costs.

Quote:
Kim Davis, the former Kentucky clerk who gained notoriety for denying marriage licenses to two gay couples in 2015, has been found guilty of violating their Constitutional rights.

The decision was handed down Friday by a Kentucky federal judge, according to a report in The Hill.

Despite the ruling, Davis’ legal representatives aren’t backing down. In a statement Friday, Liberty Counsel, an evangelical non-profit, said Davis is not responsible for damages, arguing that Kentucky allows clerks to opt-out of issuing hunting and fishing licenses. The statement also said that Kentucky passed legislation allowing for religious exemptions when issuing marriage licenses.
https://nypost.com/2022/03/19/kim-da...ouples-rights/

Old 03-20-2022, 06:51 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Attorneys for Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin say former Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis violated the civil rights of same-sex couples when she refused to issue them marriage licenses and is now on the hook for $225,000 in legal fees.

Davis made headlines in 2015 when she refused to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples following the Supreme Court ruling that made gay marriage legal.

I'm so glad this bigot is going to suffer for her actions.
Marriage isn't a right.

Old 03-20-2022, 07:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How was she persecuted? No one stopped her from having an adulterous affair which produced twins nor from her divorcing four times, but she wanted to stick her self-righteous nose in the personal lives of others. Seems to me she was the one doing the persecuting.
No different than the MANY others, (in recent decades), that did the exact same thing! LOL

Not too long ago, showing homsexuality in a positive light on network TV was not permitted, nor was showing interracial couples. Funny how no one wants to ever explain that or even talk about it. LOL

I guess they chalk it up to just being the public opinion at the time. LOL,Hmmm.

Old 03-20-2022, 07:25 AM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
They can crap in one hand and wish in the other see which one fills up faster. Christians will be persecuted even more before a final solution is found to the problem of cultural marxism.
Christians are not being persecuted in this case. If you work for the government, you must choose law over personal religious convictions. If she had not stopped her peers, she would have been ok. She couldn’t do it , but the other person in the office offered, she should have stood aside. She became a control freak. Pay up.

Old 03-20-2022, 08:03 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,669,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Marriage isn't a right.

Why not?

Old 03-20-2022, 08:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Christians are not being persecuted in this case. If you work for the government, you must choose law over personal religious convictions. If she had not stopped her peers, she would have been ok. She couldn’t do it , but the other person in the office offered, she should have stood aside. She became a control freak. Pay up.
Uh, you better read the bible again...you have that backwards.

Jesus said to "give Caesar what is Caesars, and to God, what is Gods". (the key words are 'what Caesar is due...what is Caesars to ask for)....Jesus did NOT say, Give Caesar everything he asks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies