Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 04:17 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yet she had zero issue violating her religious beliefs for her own purposes, as noted by her divorces.
Well played.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 04:39 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So if the government suddenly passed a law that created a direct moral conflict, you would have no problem just finding a new career asap, right?
It's known as having the courage of your convictions. Old-school Christians went to the lions, surely she could handle a job change? Although, I'm sure, that government paycheck was nice.

Quote:
Kim Davis suffered enough for standing up for her beliefs.
Standing up for her beliefs would have meant a decision - does she serve God, or Mammon? The carpenter's son had some words on that, IIRC.

Quote:
But of course, that's never good enough for the LGBTQ community. They want them jailed or pay ridiculous fines.
She promised to do a job, she didn't do it, and she grabbed the opportunity to profile herself by calling others immoral. Kinda pharisee-like - ad I think the carpenter's son wasn't too hot on them, either.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:40 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
What you call a bigot was someone who chooses not to violate her religious believes. You scoff at that notion and her religion and that makes you a bigot too.
She chose to impose her religious beliefs on others by not allowing ANYONE at her office to issue licenses.

Perhaps Mike Hucksterbee (who used her like an old dollar bill for his own presidential campaign) will offer to pay the fine.

Lastly, it's bigots like Kim Davis and Huckerbee who are emptying the church pews faster than any atheist ever could.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
You know what? Muslims hate the gays. Like they really HATE THEM! They go out of there way to murder them. Had Davis been a Muslim and refused to comply with the law you can bet your last dollar that the OP and every other bleeding heart liberal would make excuses for her and not only defend her actions as courageous and Morally sound and how dare people be so insensitive to her Islamic religion and go on to accuse those who condemn her actions as Islamophobic. But because Davis is a Christian/Catholic and stuck to her religious believes she is a bigot. That's why NO ONE can take liberals seriously.
"Look! I can make up a scenario in my head that proves me right!"

Quote:
They are a delusional bunch.
Ehm - yeah. You just argued based on a daydream.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:02 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times
Thoughts and Prayers to her. 😂😂

Old 01-31-2019, 05:04 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Look! I can make up a scenario in my head that proves me right!"

Ehm - yeah. You just argued based on a daydream.
Dismissing facts as daydreams is ignorant on your part, and makes you a racist and a bigot.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:09 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
They can crap in one hand and wish in the other see which one fills up faster. Christians will be persecuted even more before a final solution is found to the problem of cultural marxism.
If these "Christians" started to show some Christ like qualities they wouldn`t have these problems. I attended Catholic schools and I`m still a church goer and I`m not seeing any Christianity in these MAGA nasties.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Dismissing facts as daydreams is ignorant on your part, and makes you a racist and a bigot.
The rest of the world is not obliged to accept your convictions, however strongly held, as facts. Actually, that would have been a good lesson for Kim Davis to learn as well.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Thoughts and Prayers to her. 😂😂
Oh, absolutely. Do they have to be nice thoughts, though?

Old 01-31-2019, 05:30 PM

104 posts, read 84,833 times
I want to sue the restaurant because a server didn't want to serve me.... so a different server did!!

Give me a few million, I am offended
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies