Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 09:13 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I was using that as an example of values. There are a lot of the left, who don't think twice about littering yet scream for environmental issues at rallies. Therefore I see team politics, not a true feeling for the environment.

BUT, garbage plays a big part in harming the environment and is not biodegradable in a lot of cases, your post is a good example of what I mean. It takes five minutes to gain this knowledge.

https://education.seattlepi.com/litt...ment-6802.html
[vimeo]42143924[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/42143924
https://sciencing.com/effects-litter...s-8634413.html

the government shut down for a month, and liberals trashed the Joshua Tree reservation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 09:16 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,544 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-qA00jSRZQ

Old 01-31-2019, 09:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
You do realize he's basically making fun of them, right?

I certainly realize that's what you've been commanded to think/repeat.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:05 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Ok, easy enough to say. But someone show me where environmental preservation has ever been a priority for conservatives. Many are openly hostile to the concept.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:25 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Most conservatives in Colorado are very much in favor of conservation and environmental protections because we want to protect our way of life. In the rural community where we have our cabin, the consensus is to protect open land and water and land use codes are well in place to prevent excessive development and prevent ski resorts, where liberals flock and ruin the surrounding environment.

We want to protect water and the land from pollution to protect wildlife for its own sake and for hunting, which we understand is not only not morally wrong, but helps to keep nature in balance. We understand that paying lip service to plastic bag bans while driving an SUV to a ski resort is not protecting the environment.

Last edited by EastwardBound; 01-31-2019 at 10:57 AM..

Old 01-31-2019, 10:30 AM

2,448 posts, read 892,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Also correct. Recycling is an industrial process, which with many products uses more energy. Moreover, it is a fallacy that landfills are full, as innovation has led to more space in many landfills. Recycling allows sheeple to feel good about themselves.

Yes, liberals like to move into a pristine area here in Colorado and build a 5,000 to 10,000 sq foot house, using immense amounts of water and power while bulldozing large areas and planting a lawn which requires massive amounts of water and adds nothing to nature.

Most people across the spectrum are stupid if you ask me, but liberals are particularly dug in in this department because they think picking up trash and not using a plastic bag is helping, when in fact they are heavily contributing to the problem by advocating for unlimited immigration. I am deeply disappointing in 'environmental' groups such as the Sierra Club, which has now become so politically correct, they're advocating for unlimited immigration. We cannot accept anymore people in the west!
There was a point in time - I want to say the late 90s/early 2000s - when the Sierra Club was not only opposing illegal immigration, but immigration period, on the grounds we've been discussing. Now that the Left is fully immersed in the identitarian - grievance belief system, that is long gone. It's sad. Like I said, when I bring up these issues, even to liberal colleagues, their eyes glaze over. They don't care, and it's reflected in polling, too.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:36 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Individual Liberals care about the environment. Liberal politicians mostly care about forced wealth redistribution and open borders and the environment gives them an excuse to do both.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:38 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,717,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Ok, easy enough to say. But someone show me where environmental preservation has ever been a priority for conservatives. Many are openly hostile to the concept.
Lol deflecting truth, so we can continue attacking conservatives how nice.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:38 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
I never understood how saving the enviroment was a liberal cause, just seems way too contradictory and plus enviromental issues are the easiest to exploit for profit

I used to think that rural areas were in fact better for the enviroment, but where the hell do you think most of that fertilizer comes from? Also, not to mention well water has a lot of cancer and Parkinson's-causing chemicals

The only place in environmental issues that I can think off where both the right and the left have common ground would be taxing the poor to death, especially the left
I think they care, but I think they care more about winning than they do about actually fixing anything. They do not like to listen to people - especially people who have lived in areas that they want to come in and screw up in an effort to "preserve" the area. I've already ranted about this on this forum plenty of times, so will keep it short by saying this: What those idiots did in the Everglades with their "shovel ready jobs" still pi$$es me off to this day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies