Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 12:21 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Integrity? By allowing eleven unnecessary bogus BENGHAZI hearings at the expense of the taxpayer? Oh please!
yes, he exposed lie after lie after lie after lie by Clinton but Clinton was never in danger since she had Comey in her corner .

Trey remains awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 12:36 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,182,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
yes, he exposed lie after lie after lie after lie by Clinton but Clinton was never in danger since she had Comey in her corner .

Trey remains awesome.
I am sure that in his mind, Gowdy thinks of himself as the ultimate patriot, falling on his sword for the good of the country, and feels that he saved countless lives by throwing the game.

And I will bet Comey feels the same way about himself. He had to do the job Loretta Lynch couldn't or wouldn't do.

When Gowdy inserted himself into the whole Nunes investigation, I realized that would be going nowhere as well. I wasn't disappointed.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:51 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
I was reading some stuff about these hearings this morning. Fascinating. The whole purpose of these "hearings", into both Benghazi and the "private server" and emails was to deflect attention away from the Clinton Foundation, which is where the real action is, apparently. So in that respect, Gowdy and Chaffetz were not incompetent, they were doing EXACTLY what they were supposed to do, which was to throw the game by conducting hearings designed to produce a lot of sound and fury, but accomplish nothing. No one wants to touch the CF. It is so explosive and so massive, on a global level, that if there were any meaningful DOJ investigations into it there's a pretty good risk the entire US would go down due to actions by foreign governments.

So, yeah, Gowdy threw the game, numerous times. "For the good of the country". It also explains why Jeff Sessions got hysterical any time someone brought up the Clinton Foundation and shut down any discussion of it. Bi-partisan thing.

But if anyone is really interested in the CF, a website and YouTube channel called "Crowdsource the Truth" hosts a man by the name of Charles Ortel on Wednesdays and Sundays, when he presents information from his own extensive investigation into the CF. Massive, massive charity fraud on a global level.
That's quite the theory, never heard that one before and from such a reputable news source.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That's quite the theory, never heard that one before and from such a reputable news source.
Crowdsource is not the source of any info on the hearings. Their info on CF comes from Charles Ortel, who is quite reputable in financial circles. That's apart from the hearings. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:18 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
People who thought Trey Gowdy was going to retire and not be heard from again. Surprise he joins Fox News as a contributor.

Trey Gowdy has been one of the brilliant legal minds in congress and sometimes appeared in media giving his take on investigations and other political news.

Now people will get to see him regularly with brilliant commentary as always.

Trey Gowdy joins Fox News as a contributor
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...-a-contributor

Gowdy, who retired from Congress earlier this month, will offer political and legal analysis.

The former four-term congressman served as chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee during his final two years in office.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...as-contributor
I figured he was going to Fox.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:21 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I will always remember him for his sweating profusely and stumbling around as he tried and tried and tried to get something on Hillary. At the end of 11 hours he looked like a whipped little weasel and Clinton walked out cool as a cucumber. That's when I knew all the hype around this guy was just that.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I figured he was going to Fox.
Why not? CNN gets Gillum, Fox gets Gowdy. Besides, his buddy Chaffetz is there.

"Gowdy, who retired from Congress earlier this month, will offer political and legal analysis." One of the last mouths I'd seek political and legal analysis from.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:28 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I will always remember him for his sweating profusely and stumbling around as he tried and tried and tried to get something on Hillary. At the end of 11 hours he looked like a whipped little weasel and Clinton walked out cool as a cucumber. That's when I knew all the hype around this guy was just that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The king of multiple BENGHAZI hearings that turned up nothing...Just brilliant! lmao

I assume the make-up department will do something about his hairstyle.

After all this, I don't see how anyone can even think of this guy as brilliant or awesome. He is nothing but a joke who got schooled by Hillary. Some hero of the right!

Old 02-03-2019, 01:44 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
This is probably a good pickup for Fox News since he is an ex-prosecutor, a good legal mind, and we seem to be heading into an era of investigation nation.

This started with Watergate, continued with Clinton (and some of the hijinks done by Karl Rove) and ramped up to where we are now.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:54 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Crowdsource is not the source of any info on the hearings. Their info on CF comes from Charles Ortel, who is quite reputable in financial circles. That's apart from the hearings. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
There were plenty of investigations on the CF, if there was anything there you could bet that the DOJ would have taken action either in the past or the present. They wasted time on both Benghazi and the CF, every detail was exposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies