Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Northam Resign?
Yes, he clearly has a problem and has lost credibility 98 71.53%
No, Democrat leaders in VA are right, he has a great current track record that speaks more than his past 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 05:35 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I was alive in 1984 and around the same age. I can assure you, at that age, in college, not taboo at all.
If only you applied that standard to everyone, including your political adversaries, this could just be an embarrassing moment and everyone would shake their heads for a moment and move on.

But no. The Democrat left these days is distinguished by its mass-media-led, social media lynch-mob style campaigns against people to target them and ruin their lives. These tactics really are looking eerily similar to what was done by the Russian communists, the Nazis under Hitler and the social campaigns under Mao during the last century.

The issue here should not be the behavior of this or that politician, it should be the outrageously unacceptable behavior of the Democrat left and the media with these incredibly hateful, frequently bigoted, shockingly intolerant lynch mob style campaigns that are routinely targeted at American citizens these days, usually for blatantly partisan political purposes.

And in nearly every case that I can immediately recall, these campaigns were led by the left leaning mass media and were frequently based to at least some degree on 'fake news'.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 02-01-2019 at 05:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 05:36 PM

26,488 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
I never said anything about my position, and rather conveniently, neither have you.

I think you’re trying to blow this out of proportion using feigned concern.
I said "He Should Resign Immediately" and I made a list of several things he should apologize for. How is that me "conveniently" not stating my position?

The guy has a race baiting track record in his adult life.

You seem to be downplaying this...you must be a Democrat?

Old 02-01-2019, 05:38 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Virginia's Democratic Governor is in hot water. Virginia Democratic leaders are rallying to him, but the Virginia Republicans are calling on him to resign immediately.

-The KKK - Blackface picture in his 1984 Medical School Yearbook

-In his VMI college yearbook he listed his nickname as "coon man"

-In his most recent election 2017 he removed the picture of his black Lt. Governor for rural fliers

-In 2013 he ran against a black Republican who tried to shake his hand twice, both times Northam refused

-Ironically, he made a highly charged add where if you vote republican confederate trucks run down black kids

LINK

So best I can tell, the Libs here are aokay with him supporting abortion in the 4th trimester....but are freaked out that he wore makeup in college

Old 02-01-2019, 05:39 PM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If only you applied that standard to everyone, including your political adversaries, this could just be an embarrassing moment and everyone would shake their heads for a moment and move on.

But no. The Democrat left these days is distinguished by its mass-media-led, social media lynch-mob campaigns against people to target them and ruin their lives. These tactics really are looking earily similar to what was done by the Russian communists, the Nazis under Hitler and the social campaigns under Mao during the last century.

The issue here should not be the behavior of this or that politician, it should be the outrageously unacceptable behavior of the Democrat left and the media with these incredibly hateful, frequently bigoted, shockingly intolerant lynch mob style campaigns that are routinely targeted at American citizens these days, usually for blatantly partisan political purposes.

And in nearly every case that I can immediately recall, these campaigns were led by the left leaning mass media and were frequently based to at least some degree on 'fake news'.
Correct, but the left is never going to give up this "advantage" until they go right over the proverbial cliff.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:40 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So best I can tell, the Libs here are aokay with him supporting abortion in the 4th trimester....but are freaked out that he wore makeup in college
Not sure how who this is directed at.

Virginia's "abortion" law has been the same for years. The current administration has proposed to reduce late term abortion approvals from 3 doctors to 1 doctor. Go ahead and conflate that into something way more than it is.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:40 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,008,753 times
Quote:
Well, the WaPo is very clear:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.d2198ca8b6e6

Also, just did a channel surf on CNN and MSNBC and they aren't hiding it at all. It's been woven into segments every 10 minutes or so.
It doesn't say "Republican" in the headline. This is from your WAPO link

"Virginia governor apologizes for racist imagery in yearbook"

Just doing a quick run through MSNBC and CNN and they aren't discussing him being a Democrat as it relates to their collective beliefs and internal problems. They're trying to make this an isolated incident as opposed to a systemic one.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:42 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
I really like how all these new accusations have surfaced all of a sudden where were they during the election? Or maybe those delivering them then as now are less desirable then the alleged accusations....

Old 02-01-2019, 05:43 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Not sure how who this is directed at.

Virginia's "abortion" law has been the same for years. The current administration has proposed to reduce late term abortion approvals from 3 doctors to 1 doctor. Go ahead and conflate that into something way more than it is.
He just explained a current Democrat bill in Virginia that would allow killing the baby after it's born if the Mother wanted to....try to keep up with your state's "progress."

Old 02-01-2019, 05:43 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,500,247 times
Quote:
I live in VA, I know them all very well.
Oh, do you know everyone in Virginia? And very well, too? You must get around!

What I know is that Northam played the race card for all it was worth, including that horrible ad saying that Republicans run over black kids.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:44 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I said "He Should Resign Immediately" and I made a list of several things he should apologize for. How is that me "conveniently" not stating my position?

The guy has a race baiting track record in his adult life.

You seem to be downplaying this...you must be a Democrat?
Lol. Too predictable.

Copying a bunch of talking points mixed with feigned concern hardly amounts to stating your actual position.

I’m an independent with a low tolerance for BS.

And based on you’re post history, I’d wager you’re a right-winger posing as a Democrat, just to rile-up “both sides”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies