Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Northam Resign?
Yes, he clearly has a problem and has lost credibility 98 71.53%
No, Democrat leaders in VA are right, he has a great current track record that speaks more than his past 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 11:35 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,028,374 times

Advertisements

I understand the Governor has been placed on a table in the clinic, and is being made comfortable while a discussion ensues regarding his fate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 12:03 AM

30,195 posts, read 23,608,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Ok, I will say it;

I doubt most of you or anyone really gives a s**t about this.

Fake ass outrage for whatever your motive is.
I agree. It's like the whole Al Franken thing when everyone was cheering that he was leaving because of a photo that was in poor taste, but he never touched anyone. I warned back then it was going to come back around because that is what always happens. Examples: Roy Moore, Brett Kavanaugh.

There's an ulterior motive, just don't know what it is yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Okay. I'm not sure why you are behaving as if I was speaking of you. I was not. That would be really weird, as this is your first post to this thread.

My point was that Democrats are being just as hard on him as they would be on a Republican.

Also, FWIW, I was in college in 1984, and yes, dressing in KKK robes or wearing blackface would have been a very big deal. No one I knew did such a thing, and our yearbook never would have printed such a picture.
I'm not buying it. I've seen far too many times where the left will sacrifice one of their own to look as if they care, but then use that as a reason to absolutely eviscerate someone from the right some time down the road. I don't trust the left at their word - in general. YOU may genuinely feel that way, but I don't trust the left as a whole that there's not some motive for this that has nothing to do with actually being outraged at what Northam did in his college years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
I understand the Governor has been placed on a table in the clinic, and is being made comfortable while a discussion ensues regarding his fate.
Nice.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:20 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,131,430 times
This didn't age well, did it?

https://twitter.com/vademocrats/stat...54130032054272

Old 02-02-2019, 12:58 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,262,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
If you have a skeleton in the closet, rest assured that somebody, somewhere, has a key.
Especially in politics. They have expert locksmiths. Stupid stupid judgement for this guy to have any involvement in politics ever. He should know better. If anything is out there, sooner or later it will come out.
My advice to future politicians is if you ever did anything stupid in your entire life, ever, then don't get involved.
I can’t agree more! Why do people do this? I mean, why run for office when you’ve got many closets-full of skeletons?

Old 02-02-2019, 01:05 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,262,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
This happened in 84?

The Wayans made a movie in White Face like 10 years ago......how come they an still act?
Thank you for this post, as it proves you have no real intellectual awareness of why people are outraged. Now, we can confidently ignore your posts going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
This didn't age well, did it?
How so? It is still very relevant and accurate.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:46 AM

17,407 posts, read 6,748,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I remember 1984, lot of those "costumes" happening in the south and VMI is about as "southern" as it gets. Have you heard that "drawl" on Northam? I will be interested to see how he handles this. Moderator cut: off topic
Just so we're all clear, you voted for this racist.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:48 AM

18,658 posts, read 33,264,641 times
Quote:
I'm thinking that someone in 1984 thought two friends dressing as a black dude and a Klansman hanging out together was pretty funny. Very different from being in the KKK.
It's not like 1984 was centuries ago or anything. I knew in the 1960s what those "funny" masquerades refer to and I grew up in the south- south Jersey.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:54 AM

17,407 posts, read 6,748,850 times
Quote:
Because I know very well how the Virginia GOP behaves and what they cultivate.
You should worry about the Virginia Democrat Party and how you all elect racists to the governorship. What do you and the DNC have to say about this, anyway?

Old 02-02-2019, 02:09 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,491,430 times
I'm still waiting for the tsunami of condemnation from all those liberals who criticised the Covington kids for wearing MAGA hats.
But you've gotta love the Democrats for being the party that keeps on giving.

Old 02-02-2019, 02:35 AM

15,483 posts, read 10,419,037 times
I agree OP, the one in the Klan suit is Senator Byrd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies