Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 02:19 PM

958 posts, read 303,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Well now you are Nostradamus predicting the end of the world, it really is much easier to jack up a figure for effect when you discredit all the participants who practice your faith as not "true Christians"

Why don't you go work on your shelter and remember to rotate your stock of bile and hatred
Let's see: Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot. There's your 100 million murders. All closed churches, all killed clergy. All headed atheist regimes.

Old 02-05-2019, 02:19 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Right. You were bashing Mississippi because it has so many blacks that are obese. We got it.
Thou shall not bare false witness.

Old 02-05-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Earlier posted about a 55 y/o who had a kidney disorder called polycystic kidney. He'd known about it since he was a teen, had never caused him any problem.

He told them about this when he joined his Christian medi-share plan. No problem.

Several years later when he started having problems, they declined his bills. Said it was pre-existing. Which it was, but that didn't rule out joining the plan. Only ruled out paying for anything related to his kidney disorder.

At 55, he was out shopping for real insurance.
What was his nameless 'Christian medi-share plan'

Old 02-05-2019, 02:21 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,706,617 times
I have to give it to you Cheeseman, as a new member you have caught the attention of the Americans who read this forum. However, Pope Francis is calling and he needs to explain a few things to you. After that, I believe your 6th grade civics teacher wants to remind you of some basics of America. Then you may want to review tactics with the web-brigade leader....your outrageous arguments are becoming too obvious.

Old 02-05-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Just because you weren't having an affair when you became a member doesn't mean that you won't have one at some point during the year.
Lordy, who thinks like this?

Old 02-05-2019, 02:24 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I have to give it to you Cheeseman, as a new member you have caught the attention of the Americans who read this forum. However, Pope Francis is calling and he needs to explain a few things to you. After that, I believe your 6th grade civics teacher wants to remind you of some basics of America. Then you may want to review tactics with the web-brigade leader....your outrageous arguments are becoming too obvious.
As an atheist, I applaud Cheesmont and his on going efforts to personally exemplify the type of hypocrisy and toxic personality traits that lead many people away from religion. Keep it up Cheese, you're doin' god's work!

Old 02-05-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No, you stated that christians are more fit than everyone else. I showed you that super religious MS is also super over weight while less religious Vermont is fitter as a population. YOU were the one that brought race into the discussion.

Utah is ranked third for religious belief.
There you go again. Religion isn't a factor in Mississippi's obesity problem. It is ONLY race.

Old 02-05-2019, 02:27 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Oh of course! Unless they had sex outside of marriage... or belong to the wrong religion... or no religion... or drink... or smoke... or have HIV... or have any other of those "dirty" diseases... or use birth control... or use swear words... or... or... or... or... or... or...

Who knew that there were so many addendums and conditions implicit in those words!?
That is not what Jesus taught.

Old 02-05-2019, 02:31 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I was raised Catholic but became an athiest at 13, as I believe god is a fairy tale, just like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. And also saw that the devoutly religious (especially Catholics) live repressed lives devoid of any fun or enjoyment. No thanks
You should have stayed a bit longer...The Catholic girls in my high school would disagree with you...They knew how to have fun.

Old 02-05-2019, 02:32 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,763,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Have you ever known of an atheist regime that didn't openly target Christians? If so, list some right here.
Yes, America. We separate state from religion. Since there is no official or preferred religion nor is there a state "god" or preferred theistic belief, it is de facto atheist. America does not persecute Christians.

But you are confusing atheism as a belief and anti-religion as a state policy. Hitler and Stalin eliminated any threats to their power. They saw religion, any religion, as a threat. It had nothing to do with belief in a god. They did not act that way because there was a Pope of atheism telling them to.

Contrast that with the Catholic Pope who is telling people in their countries to act in ways that are harmful to their countries, which is exactly why Henry VIII booted out the Catholic church. He was right because it leads to people like you, who have expressed stronger respect and allegiance to your pope than to your own country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies