Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2019, 09:44 PM

958 posts, read 303,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I think Medicare is closer to 3% total admin...PLUS, the savings they get for quantity discounts (on operations, rooms, etc.)......

So these "Good Samaritans" are paying 10X (1000%) more in fees than it costs when done by the big bad gubment.

And they brag about it? I guess, in the end, they think "well, that 10X overcharge is going to Christians, at least"......

Of course, they have no way of knowing the inside deal. We already know some of the companies have lied and deceived such as when they promoted the 24/7 800 number which was a "community public safety" line.

Sucking us dry....these god-fearing masses.

Among the most federally dependent states - AL, MS, SC, LA, KY, WV.....
ALL of them have certain things in common.....
I dunno. Do you people even have a third-grade education in math? My monthly premium is $495 with no deductible for a family of seven in a self-sufficient program compared to a comparable $1400/month 0bummercare bill with a $6000 deductible. 0bummercare has cost taxpayers $2 billion so far. Where in the HELL is all that money going? Don't you leftwingers ever ask that? Or is it because you are part of the 47% who don't pay taxes?

Old 02-03-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I did, and there are bad reviews.
Could you link a review where Samaritan didn't cover a claim they agreed to in the bylaws?

Bet not.

Most likely it will be that same wimpy guy whining about all the paperwork.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:47 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
I dunno. Do you people even have a third-grade education in math? My monthly premium is $495 with no deductible for a family of seven in a self-sufficient program compared to a comparable $1400/month 0bummercare bill with a $6000 deductible. 0bummercare has cost taxpayers $2 billion so far. Where in the HELL is all that money going? Don't you leftwingers ever ask that? Or is it because you are part of the 47% who don't pay taxes?
I would only wish you and yours the best, and hope that you never find out why your premiums are so low.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
You never provided proof to back up your lie that the “irreligious are far more likely to lie”.

It would seem you’ve disproven your own statement in that very sentence....

If only NJmann were here, it’d make for one hell of a thread. Lol.
Well of course the irreligious lie more. They lack the standards of behavior that practicing Christians have. I don't even see why this is debatable.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:53 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Well of course the irreligious lie more. They lack the standards of behavior that practicing Christians have. I don't even see why this is debatable.
So you can’t prove that claim? Sounds like you’re blatantly lying. Weird.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:

Of course, there is no "religious test" to give most of the other criminals, but it's probably safe to say that religiosity correlates with poverty - and poverty with crime - so if we were to measure Criminals from more Christian backgrounds against those from non-religious (or other religions), we'd probably see many more of the flock.
So why do you suppose the vast majority of all incarcerated criminals are irreligious, then? Hmm. Puzzling

Old 02-03-2019, 09:55 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
How dare you sit there and call the rest of us liars! And grow up--learn that it's called the ACA or even Obamacare, not Obummercare. We did go to school, thank you very much. And if you have a way of getting out of paying taxes, as you accuse us of doing, let us know, please.

BTW, your plan doesn't make much sense and we're not buying it from you or from anyone. Most of us want a guarantee that our health insurance will be there when we need it.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
You know so much of the ins and outs of this group, makes me wonder.
Um, well, I AM a member.

Quote:
Anyway, groups like this want to keep it all for themselves and prevent the rest of us from having things like universal health care.
Repeat after me: "Insurance is not welfare". Also maybe you missed the ten times where I pointed out 92.5% of the payments go to other members and not the home office.

Quote:
You skim off the healthy people with no pre-existing conditions and you make a lot of money at it.
Well, I wouldn't say I make a lot of money at it, unless you mean I SAVE a lot of money, which I do.

Quote:
Meanwhile those same people could be paying in with the rest of the American citizens to a decent, compassionate health care system. You people are just trying to undermine it so we can never get there.
Is it really compassion when people are coerced under penalty of law to pay for a bunch of immoral garbage like birth control for single women who shouldn't be having sex anyway?

Old 02-03-2019, 10:16 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,764,363 times
Quote:
Really? You're griping about $10 million when 0bamacare has cost taxpayers $2 BILLION? Perhaps you can explain to me how the $495 I pay for my family plan is 'twice as expensive' as the $1400 a month I was going to have to pay for a similar 0bamacare policy that had a $6000 deductible. And that doesn't include the taxes I had to pay to keep that scam operating.
I would be glad to explain. You seem like a smart person so you no doubt understand the difference between a percentage and an absolute value. 33% of your premiums are going for overhead. In Obamacare, it is less than 15%. Since Obamacare is 100,000 times bigger than your fund, it is pointless to talk about absolute numbers, you have to talk about percentages.

And there is no such thing as a "similar Obamacare" policy - Samaritans excludes many conditions that Obamacare does not. But beyond that it is not really about you, it is about everyone else. When we pay for a policy like ACA we are not only paying for our family to be covered, but also making it possible that all other families will be covered because we are creating a big enough pool to cover everything. This should appeal to a Christian since you will then be caring for your fellow human beings, something that Jesus emphasized.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
So you deny that 1/3 of this "money sent to other members" is waylaid for paying the people who set up the scheme?

Yes, this is a ridiculous lying claim that even a fifth grader could see doesn't make mathematical sense. You have 80,000 members, each paying an average of $3600 a year. That's roughly 288,000,000. And you're claiming they keep $100 million??

Quote:
Please - address that slowly and carefully so we can understand. Medicare spends 2-3% on overhead. Most Insurance companies in the area of 8-12% - I think 14% is the max allowed in our state on health insurance.

But you claim that paying 30% or more.......is a deal?
OK, I'll address it slowly: "W-h-o w-a-s y-o-u-r m-a-t-h t-e-a-c-h-e-r-?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies