Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 07:37 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,101 times

Advertisements

no not really. get a room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 07:52 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What a pisser it’s 2019, eh? Poor you.

Because it's a new year we should change our moral values? Never. Just because something is pop, hip or edgy doesn't make it right or honorable. It just means up you've built your house on shifting sands. I'll never accept the homosexual agenda as something that is good and wholesome for mankind.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:08 AM

43 posts, read 17,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I proudly wear the homophobic badge. The American Psychological Association classified homosexuality as a mental illness until they were forced by political pressure to change that finding. That doesn't mean it quit being a psychological disorder. We'd be better off as a society if they took their "affections" back into the closet.

Hahaha, not happening. I guess you should just stay home 24/7.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:52 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebonnet1975 View Post
Hahaha, not happening. I guess you should just stay home 24/7.
I'm thinking she/he might do that already.....

Old 02-05-2019, 09:46 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Because it's a new year we should change our moral values? Never. Just because something is pop, hip or edgy doesn't make it right or honorable. It just means up you've built your house on shifting sands. I'll never accept the homosexual agenda as something that is good and wholesome for mankind.
O.S. Gay people have always existed. Get over it.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:48 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
My husband likes to be affectionate everywhere we go (not in an obscene way), I just wonder if it bothers anyone to see two people of the same sex kissing or holding hands in public?
Not any more than a straight couple. Just don't "make out" in public. A kiss, hug or holding hands is fine.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:38 AM

2 posts, read 831 times
Kissing in public for all people is considered by me as a bad education, exception only a quick kiss, but holding hands is pretty ok with me.

Old 02-20-2021, 05:00 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Are we supposed to chose who is in the right on this ?
If given two choices they both need to have some value in making the decision. The question itself has no significant value and the choices don't either.

Look at cultures where the same and more is done in public and the people involved aren't even gay. Most Viet Nam Vets can attest to that culture. Its not a sign of being gay in Viet Nam. Here in the US it is. Just because laws are past don't expect the culture to change with their passing.
Perhaps ‘the culture’ in the bubble you grew up in = an uncomfortableness re the OP’s scenario, but that doesn’t make your generalization valid.

Quote:
Now we get into the founding principals of free speech...….
It may be hard to believe but other people have their rights too. The same right of free expression.
No violence on either side. Looks like freedom is working.
Yeah, you’re right.

People have the right to be bigots in every speck of the good old USA .

Old 02-20-2021, 05:03 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
I ignore it as much as I can. They are free to do what they want and I am free to not look at them.

Old 02-20-2021, 05:04 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Tough.

The U.S. is not a theocracy, and most of the people I know with your attitude are sanctimonious hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies