Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 07:42 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yup. The anti-Semite also called Jews termites, Satan's children, devils, etc., and wished for them all to be dead. Any criticism of him by Jews is well-deserved.
I prefer "God's little troublemakers" personally. Descriptive and to-the-point without being overly nasty or genocidal.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why stay married and raise your kids when you can abandon them and march?
What? Dude...go to bed.

I was talking to RH. This is black folks business. You and I aren’t gonna have this conversation.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:16 PM

18,456 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Just interesting to me.

As I noted on another thread, Farrakhan really isn't all that popular in black America. He is more popular with whites and Jews it seems. Angela Davis is probably just as well known to us as him and her being slighted like she was by Jews in her hometown of Birmingham where she and her neighborhood were literally terrorized when she was a child, just for being outspoken and in support of Palestinian rights, that was pretty negatively taken by a lot of black people and it was in many major news outlets, including NPR. It is especially a slap in the face due to this award being named in honor of Fred Shuttlesworth - who was a black Civil Rights Activists that she personally knew! (this brings to many black people's minds the idea that Jews are trying to control our organizations or who should be so "honored" as black people in America).

The rescinding of the award was directly due to Jews on the board of that committee not liking her comments about Palestinians and trying to claim she was an anti-semite. This has been done quite a few times in the past couple years that I remember as I noted with Alice Walker as well along with some black media figures.

This award being rescinded in such a public way is similar for us in regards to the OP in particular of Farrakhan being given membership in a private black organization. As I noted earlier, I don't think he should have been given a membership because he did not earn it and failed to make it when he was a young man. Most BGLO fraternities don't give "honorary" memberships (saw a lot of playful banter from my Alpha family members and Kappas - even some Sigmas lol - most of my family are Alpha Phi Alpha and I know that neither they nor Kappa Alpha Psi give out "honorary memberships" you have to earn a membership). Because of this situation, I actually do feel that a similar policy may be adopted in the future by Omega Psi Phi over Farrakhan's admission - as noted, they will handle it within their organization. But to think that black people should just do what Jews want us to do with our own organizations - or to leave/abolish those organizations because some Jewish person is offended (like the OP implies several times throughout this thread) is silly.
I am really trying to understand what you mean by all of this. It is a little troubling to me that the only reason you think Farrakhan shouldn’t be a member is because he didn’t earn it. The fact that he is constantly making hateful and bigoted comments about another ethnic group doesn’t bother you at all? I am not telling anyone who they can or cant have as a leader, I just dont understand the tolerance you have, or the admiration that the leadership of this fraternity has, for such a person. I mean, when someone says they wish black people would die, or calls them derogatory names, I think that person is a disgusting human being. It doesnt matter to me if the person is Jewish or Christian, they are still a scumbag to me. So I am trying to understand why many in the black community dont see the same in Farrakhan.

And if you are trying to use the Angela Davis situation to justify Farrakhan, then can I use Farrakhan to justify the Angela Davis situation? Do we get anywhere if we do that? Does that sow the seeds of harmony or disharmony? Instead of saying both situations are justified, aren’t we all better off saying neither is?

Old 02-07-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I am really trying to understand what you mean by all of this. It is a little troubling to me that the only reason you think Farrakhan shouldn’t be a member is because he didn’t earn it. The fact that he is constantly making hateful and bigoted comments about another ethnic group doesn’t bother you at all? I am not telling anyone who they can or cant have as a leader, I just dont understand the tolerance you have, or the admiration that the leadership of this fraternity has, for such a person. I mean, when someone says they wish black people would die, or calls them derogatory names, I think that person is a disgusting human being. It doesnt matter to me if the person is Jewish or Christian, they are still a scumbag to me. So I am trying to understand why many in the black community dont see the same in Farrakhan.

And if you are trying to use the Angela Davis situation to justify Farrakhan, then can I use Farrakhan to justify the Angela Davis situation? Do we get anywhere if we do that? Does that sow the seeds of harmony or disharmony? Instead of saying both situations are justified, aren’t we all better off saying neither is?
Use Farrakhan to justify Angela Davis? Whaaaaaaaaaat? This is EXACTLY what I’m talking about. Thinking that you should have carte blanche to push African Americans around and tell us who is and isn’t worthy of our respect!

When Angela Davis was dealing with being a black child growing up in Birmingham, what exactly were the local Jews going through? You tell me!

I know one thing for sure: the local leading rabbi signed onto that damn letter (with his white Christian clergy counterparts) basically telling Dr King that his planned activities in Birmingham weren’t a good idea, and he should abandon his methods locally.

So you’re really gonna sit here and tell black folks that there’s justification in going after Angela Davis when she’s never uttered an anti Jewish word publicly in her life?

Dope or dog food?

Old 02-07-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Use Farrakhan to justify Angela Davis? Whaaaaaaaaaat? This is EXACTLY what I’m talking about. Thinking that you should have carte blanche to push African Americans around and tell us who is and isn’t worthy of our respect!

When Angela Davis was dealing with being a black child growing up in Birmingham, what exactly were the local Jews going through? You tell me!

I know one thing for sure: the local leading rabbi signed onto that damn letter (with his white Christian clergy counterparts) basically telling Dr King that his planned activities in Birmingham weren’t a good idea, and he should abandon his methods locally.

So you’re really gonna sit here and tell black folks that there’s justification in going after Angela Davis when she’s never uttered an anti Jewish word publicly in her life?

Dope or dog food?
Seems outrageous and insensitive to you?

Good. It was supposed to. That was the point.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Seems outrageous and insensitive to you?

Good. It was supposed to. That was the point.
No, that wasn’t the point you were making. The point you were making is that the Jewish community should have dominion over the black community.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:55 AM

Quote:
No, that wasn’t the point you were making. The point you were making is that the Jewish community should have dominion over the black community.
You have a one track mind. Try reading my post again.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:00 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:

Dope or dog food?
Sorry, but Farrakhan is not worthy of your respect. Amazing that this is even a question.

And Jews should be free to criticize Farrakhan, who, after all, wants them dead, along with black groups who honor or praise him. I could turn this around and say that black folks shouldn't bully Jews into keeping their mouths shut when a Hitler-type is given an honor.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:03 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
So is that the root of the problem? A Jew (yoirs truly) dared to criticize an influential black organization for honoring Farrakhan - and somehow this has been interpreted into Jews wanting to hold dominion over blacks?

Sorry, but I will criticize any group who gives an award to Farrakhan.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:23 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t
I don't know. In some states (including mine) voters do not even register by party, so the question is hardly dispositive. Farrakhan has close ties to several Democratic members of Congress. Do you deny that?

I don't know; I highly doubt it. But by your 'logic' the answer would have to be yes.

It should be easy for you to provide one example then, just one. BTW I am a moderate Democrat, not a Republican.

The 'Southern Strategy' has been shown to be a myth.
Quote:
Moderate Democrat?

Staaaaaaahp. You’re being silly.

The Southern Strategy is a myth?

Know what? Move on. Your damn eyeballs are turning brown.
So in other words, you can't answer my questions, or provide any examples to back up your accusations. No surprise there. You love to demand answers to your questions, but not to answer them. No surprise.

Yes, the "Southern Strategy" is a big myth. It is most often linked to Nixon. When Nixon took office in 1969, 70% of Southern black children still attended 100% segregated schools. When he left in 1974, that number had declined from 70% to 8%. According to liberal NYT columnist Tom Wicker, the credit for this change all lay with Nixon and several of his top aides, including Atty. Gen. John Mitchell, who got around to enforcing the 1954 Brown v. Bd. ruling that had been ignored by JFK and LBJ.

Now you please explain to me why a 'Southern Strategist' would pursue a full-frontal assault on school segregation? Nothing was more near and dear to the hearts of Southern segregationists than school segregation. Google the 'Southern Manifesto' and educate yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies