Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 07:13 PM

1,028 posts, read 2,331,849 times

Advertisements

The bottom line is what will benefit her soul more? Will hating an entire race for the actions of a few be of more reward to her than hating those who did this to her? I believe widespread hate will hurt more than help, regardless of the circumstances. It's difficult to navigate, but the results will be infinitely better in the long run to take on the challenge and realize and recognize that responding with hate gives in to evil, and the rapists win with their despicable behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 07:28 PM

762 posts, read 1,593,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabluey View Post
The bottom line is what will benefit her soul more? Will hating an entire race for the actions of a few be of more reward to her than hating those who did this to her? I believe widespread hate will hurt more than help, regardless of the circumstances. It's difficult to navigate, but the results will be infinitely better in the long run to take on the challenge and realize and recognize that responding with hate gives in to evil, and the rapists win with their despicable behavior.
so if you got raped you'd be all cool
and analyze why you shouldnt be racist??

Old 05-05-2008, 05:24 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,971,033 times
Default Lack of Knowlegde!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
Maybe your sister was raped but the chances of her being raped by some white guy is about as good as getting struck by lightning. Some newspaper article on hate crimes means nothing to any sane thinking person. The news media is consumed with if it bleeds it leads. And gangstas and low lifes are always trying to conjure up some kind of hate crime to cash in. Just like the black Columbia professor who set up a hate crime hoax to cash in.
Statistics!!!

Most Statistic's are created to see results! Ignorant Statistic's that you are using is base on Fallacies, Fiction and conjectures!!.

Most crime against Blacks in America is against their own! Fact.

Pedophiles! Most of them are White! Fact.

Drug dealers! Most of them are Black! Fact.

Mass Murderers! most of them are White! Fact.

Rape...

Occurs in all races! Do you want me to go back to your history to show you how many women where raped?

To this day, somebody created a pill, to be used to rape women.. let me guess a Black man created that too!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:58 PM

15,832 posts, read 21,351,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
so if you got raped you'd be all cool
and analyze why you shouldnt be racist??
I was raped by a white man. Does that mean that it'd be OK to hate myself? Or all white men? Or all people of Irish or Italian heritage? Should I hate all white people? Of course not.. that's silly and with therapy, I've been able to regain a semblance of trust in men.

The only thing a woman should be thinking about after being raped is getting to the hospital for a rape kit and reporting the rape, and then immediately getting into counseling.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:07 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,372,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzfloridagurl View Post
Im asking bc im black and my older sister was raped when she was 12 by a white man and needless to say she doesnt really like white ppl anymore. When something like that happens (like a white person who was mugged by a black or latino person), do you think the victim in whatever case has a certain right to not like that race? or should they be able to get over it?
I am SO sorry that your sister had to go through this. I can understand her feeling that way. I do hope at some point she can understand that a$$ holes and idiots come in every race, as well as sick, pathetic people like rapists.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:08 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,201,358 times
No people do not have the right to be a racist, but they do have the right to have an own opinion.
If a white man is a rapist you should be able to call him a rapist, but not that all white man are rapists, simply because of the atrocity committed by 1 white man.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:06 AM

437 posts, read 629,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Once upon a time a whole lot of little yellow people were trying their damndest to kill me. I didn't hate them then and I don't hate them now.
You should give Senator McCain a call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies