Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 06:34 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Just stop there is no connection between politics and typhus, get a grip.
There is.

What conditions exist or are perpetrated to cause homelessness?

When you bring home $500 per week, state and fed suck thier "fair share" out leaving you with 300 ish. Health insurance another 100+ to have anything that resembles health insurance... to be told... you don't qualify for any program because you earn too much...

The very people who absolutely deserve help, don't qualify for help... they "earn too much"
You raise taxes? Rent goes up. Mortgage goes up with taxes escrowed... you tax people into poverty.

Homelessness breeds filth and disease...

I like to show democrats here in Florida old paycheck stubs of mine and tax receipts from living in NY and show them what higher taxes with the promise of good feelz results in... Florida's median income is 44k... low property tax and no income tax... implement NY or CA style taxes? You'd see the same with rampant homelessness here.

It's very simple mathematics...
Raise taxes, the working class/middle class gets effected by it. When most jobs pay between 500 and 800 per week... and 200 is robbed to go to the state and feds, never mind property taxes never mind vehicle inspections...
You hurt the very people you claim you champion for.

I've been there. Done that. Have the paycheck stubs and property tax receipts to show it. There was a time where I brought home only 33k (before taxes) and 1/3rd went to NY state one way or another.

More/higher taxes only transfers wealth to the tax man...
It hurts anyone earning 25-45k even 50-80k if they own a home.

What I find amusing... .gov can and does take money from we the people. If you refuse to pay? Jail and seizure of assets by armed men. We the people both democrat/liberal, republican/conservative, all have to live within a budget or it's bankruptcy.
Yet... we can't do to our employers what .gov can do to us when we spend too much money...

And only the die hard conservatives and the few libertarians here see that...

Many a liberal can cheer for feelz good programs while turning a blind eye to the costs that come to the very same they claim to be "helping".

Who benefits in states like NY NJ MA CA CT?
State employees. Cheaper insurance... Pensions... the works. All funded by the fleeced tax payers...
Take police for example. County sheriff's deputies start at 30k in my county here in Florida. My Podunk county in upstate NY starts a deputy at 45k.
FHP makes peanuts compared to NYSP/troopers.
Florida does not collect income tax. It also does not have outrageous property taxes. I pay 1/3rd what I did in NY and get services that didn't exist in NY... I always asked where the money went... as I was responsible for garbage had a well and my own septic system...
How does Florida do more for it's tax payers for far less in tax revenue than NY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 07:58 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
There is.
What conditions exist or are perpetrated to cause homelessness?
When you bring home $500 per week, state and fed suck thier "fair share" out leaving you with 300 ish. Health insurance another 100+ to have anything that resembles health insurance... to be told... you don't qualify for any program because you earn too much...
The very people who absolutely deserve help, don't qualify for help... they "earn too much"
You raise taxes? Rent goes up. Mortgage goes up with taxes escrowed... you tax people into poverty.
Homelessness breeds filth and disease...
I like to show democrats here in Florida old paycheck stubs of mine and tax receipts from living in NY and show them what higher taxes with the promise of good feelz results in... Florida's median income is 44k... low property tax and no income tax... implement NY or CA style taxes? You'd see the same with rampant homelessness here.
It's very simple mathematics...
Raise taxes, the working class/middle class gets effected by it. When most jobs pay between 500 and 800 per week... and 200 is robbed to go to the state and feds, never mind property taxes never mind vehicle inspections...
You hurt the very people you claim you champion for.
I've been there. Done that. Have the paycheck stubs and property tax receipts to show it. There was a time where I brought home only 33k (before taxes) and 1/3rd went to NY state one way or another.
More/higher taxes only transfers wealth to the tax man...
It hurts anyone earning 25-45k even 50-80k if they own a home.
What I find amusing... .gov can and does take money from we the people. If you refuse to pay? Jail and seizure of assets by armed men. We the people both democrat/liberal, republican/conservative, all have to live within a budget or it's bankruptcy.
Yet... we can't do to our employers what .gov can do to us when we spend too much money...
And only the die hard conservatives and the few libertarians here see that...
Many a liberal can cheer for feelz good programs while turning a blind eye to the costs that come to the very same they claim to be "helping".
Who benefits in states like NY NJ MA CA CT?
State employees. Cheaper insurance... Pensions... the works. All funded by the fleeced tax payers...
Take police for example. County sheriff's deputies start at 30k in my county here in Florida. My Podunk county in upstate NY starts a deputy at 45k.
FHP makes peanuts compared to NYSP/troopers.
Florida does not collect income tax. It also does not have outrageous property taxes. I pay 1/3rd what I did in NY and get services that didn't exist in NY... I always asked where the money went... as I was responsible for garbage had a well and my own septic system...
How does Florida do more for it's tax payers for far less in tax revenue than NY?
It's not high taxes it's housing costs. Most blue states have progressive tax structures which impact the lower wage workers less than some of the red states. All the rest of that ^ was pretty much word salad

Old 02-06-2019, 08:06 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
It's not high taxes it's housing costs. Most blue states have progressive tax structures which impact the lower wage workers less than some of the red states. All the rest of that ^ was pretty much word salad
LOL the hell it is word salad. Because you walked a mile in my shoes at 23 in NY... and reside in them now in Florida.

Housing costs = tax man raising assessment via arbitrary "home value" which is worthy of a topic all on its own, plus the higher the taxes for renters the higher the rent...

Old 02-06-2019, 08:17 AM

628 posts, read 663,288 times
Let in the third world. Become the third world. When it was 90% white it was a model of American excellence. Now, it’s mexico.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Republicans hold power to raise taxes in California?

California and NY implement and collect state income taxes. Both have asinine property taxes. Both have asinine fuel taxes.
Last I checked both were run by democrats...

But it's republicans that raised the cost of living arbitrarily via high taxes... LOL Okie dokie...
California has "asinine property taxes"? You might want to go back and check on that ...

Old 02-06-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
LOL the hell it is word salad. Because you walked a mile in my shoes at 23 in NY... and reside in them now in Florida.

Housing costs = tax man raising assessment via arbitrary "home value" which is worthy of a topic all on its own, plus the higher the taxes for renters the higher the rent...
No, housing costs are not a result of the "tax man raising assessment", rapidly rising housing costs in urban areas are a result of capitalism gone mad. People who have rented for decades and never been late on their rent are forced out of their homes because the rent triples or quadruples. I'm not advocating for rent control but the wealthy developers and landlords should be responsible for at least partly funding affordable housing for the people they push out of their homes. It's either that, or the inhabitants of the rich enclaves need to adjust to the reality of seeing homeless people on the street.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:34 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
No, housing costs are not a result of the "tax man raising assessment", rapidly rising housing costs in urban areas are a result of capitalism gone mad. People who have rented for decades and never been late on their rent are forced out of their homes because the rent triples or quadruples. I'm not advocating for rent control but the wealthy developers and landlords should be responsible for at least partly funding affordable housing for the people they push out of their homes. It's either that, or the inhabitants of the rich enclaves need to adjust to the reality of seeing homeless people on the street.
No, it's because regulations makes it extremely difficult to expand and develop new land.

But DTLA is a disaster area. Every day I see the crazies walking through traffic, lunging and yelling at people, defecating on the side walks, cracked out in th gutters. I've walked over needles and crap more than once. And the mayor isn't doing sht about it, except taking bribes from developers to approve permitting for luxury apartments.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
No, it's because regulations makes it extremely difficult to expand and develop new land.

But DTLA is a disaster area. Every day I see the crazies walking through traffic, lunging and yelling at people, defecating on the side walks, cracked out in th gutters. I've walked over needles and crap more than once. And the mayor isn't doing sht about it, except taking bribes from developers to approve permitting for luxury apartments.
There is a finite amount of land, yes regulations can be excessive but they also protect single family homeowners from having huge apartment buildings built all around them blocking out all daylight. I understand the problem in DTLA and I think much of it is the result of apathy on the part of City and County Officials and while I have no proof of it, I think in some cases local government allow the homeless to remain on the streets because they enjoy the state and federal funding that flow their way to 'help' the homeless.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:50 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Outbreak of disease since the middle ages?! No. https://www.abdn.ac.uk/sll/disciplin.../illness.shtml

Old 02-06-2019, 11:32 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
There is a finite amount of land, yes regulations can be excessive but they also protect single family homeowners from having huge apartment buildings built all around them blocking out all daylight. I understand the problem in DTLA and I think much of it is the result of apathy on the part of City and County Officials and while I have no proof of it, I think in some cases local government allow the homeless to remain on the streets because they enjoy the state and federal funding that flow their way to 'help' the homeless.
Nope, most of California is not developed and populated. Even the LA basin can still develop into the Riverside area.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...lation_map.png
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies