Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 12:55 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Wait, you care about government deficit now, but not over the past 8 years when Dems were in power?
Ideally, you'd shrink the government spending and decrease taxes at the same time, we can agree on that.
I'd take increasing deficits by decreasing taxes over increasing deficits by increasing government spending any day though.
The sources of the Dems deficit were Gomer`s 2 wars put on the credit card combined with unneeded tax cuts. Look at chart #3. Any passing 9th grader knows what will happen when you increase spending and reduce revenues.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.22c8f9100b0c
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 12:55 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
two twitter users upset: news at 11.
Newsflash : Maga Kool-aid drinkers still have head in sand

Old 02-05-2019, 12:56 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Same. I just looked at mine, and I got a significant tax reduction. Are these people just basing on the fact that they are getting smaller return and not looking that the total $$ deducted on a W2 is actually lower?

In what situation would their taxes go up? They are a significant property owner in a high local tax state? and their children are adults now? All of the property owners in high tax low-child families in CA, NY, NJ, IL should be getting hammered right about now, and rightly so. The majority should be seeing modest decreases.
They are probably used to that interest free loan they gave to the government each year that is refunded by their tax return.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:56 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Wait, you care about government deficit now, but not over the past 8 years when Dems were in power?
Ideally, you'd shrink the government spending and decrease taxes at the same time, we can agree on that.
I'd take increasing deficits by decreasing taxes over increasing deficits by increasing government spending any day though.
Another fake fiscal conservative trying to blame gwb deficit and debt on Obama

Old 02-05-2019, 01:00 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,710,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Another fake fiscal conservative trying to blame gwb deficit and debt on Obama
Absolutely not. Both parties are the same when it comes to expanding the government.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:00 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
The GOP KNEW that tax reform was CRIMINALLY IRRESPONSIBLE when they wrote it - that any little thing could create SPIRALING DEBT. Well Trump sure did with his tariffs - 80% of corporate guidance going forward is lower - which means lower tax receipts and unemployment - causing further deficits.
Yeah, it's a problem. Especially perplexing was how he would rave about how good the economy was doing, yet we needed this? Even the Republicans that like to call themselves fiscal conservatives spend like drunken sailors when in power.

But I don't see the American people ever voting for someone who actually gets serious about eliminating our deficit much less paying down debt. Those that outright want to raise taxes, also want to raise spending. Those that want to cut taxes aren't serious about cutting spending. Would just have to count on the next economic tech boom, which very well could occur overseas next time. It's irresponsible mostly for the next generation, but much as people love their kids they don't care that much to either pay more taxes or seriously cut benefits. I've got no stake in the next generation so I don't really care. The extra $4k is just more for the retirement account.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:06 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
‘I trusted you!’ Trump voters seethe after realizing they’re getting screwed by the GOP’s tax plan.

This Trump supporter is not "seething" one bit, nor do I feel "screwed" by the tax plan.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Multiple supporters of President Donald Trump over the past couple of weeks have taken to Twitter to air their grievances about the president’s signature tax cut plan. Here's one example.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/tru...gops-tax-plan/

I suspect there is going to be much more of this as more people realize how badly Trump and the GOP screwed the middle class.
Only someone foolish or with a twisted agenda would believe this to be true. As if someone could not figure out how much in taxes they were saving during the year and only found out when it came time to do their return.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:18 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
I have to laugh at the comments. Most of those doing the loudest whining are not working in the first place and don't even pay income tax (that would be MANY Democrats) but pretend they do. The others are high-income earners that, as the left like to say, finally have to "pay their fair share" instead of being subsidised by federal income tax payers from other states.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:19 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Only someone foolish or with a twisted agenda would believe this to be true. As if someone could not figure out how much in taxes they were saving during the year and only found out when it came time to do their return.
Sadly a sizable chunk of the population look at taxes strictly from the perspective of the refund.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies