Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 05:15 AM

58,923 posts, read 27,247,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Hey Now...Lets recall Bush saying"No New Taxes". He just increased the ones we had on the books. How gullible folks are to not realize the devil is in the details.

I do not care for Trumps leadership or wall building. Its Trump dumping money in his "personal agenda".
This year I did my taxes...yup...600 less refunded and my other taxes had previously increased over the year.....Lucky me....
This concept of 'Trusting" a politician is flawed. Unless we can agree that the tax shuffle simply does not work. I find it seriously perturbing that when you are labeled"Poverty level", the govt says...here fill out the form so we can take more of what is due us.
"ow...Lets recall Bush saying"No New Taxes"."

Yes, let's do that.

The dems and H met at Andrew's Air Force base for a compromise on the issue of the budget. ( same ole, same ole)

A compromise was agreed upon and as soon as it was signed the dems ran to the waiting cameras shouting "H broke his promise om no new taxes"

What they FORGOT to add was THEY agreed to TAX CUTS and as USUAL did NOT do what the PROMISED and SIGNED.

It wasn't the 1st time and we knew it would NOT be the LAST they broke a promise.

How many "exemptions" to "friends" of of the dem party did Obama grant AFTER OCare was signed into law?

Their "word" means NOTHING and isn't worth the paper it is written on, their spoken words are forgotten as soon as they leave their mouths!

Which is WHY we can NEVER trust dems to keep their word, written OR ORAL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 05:20 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,757,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post

No, that doesn't make sense.
Yes, it does. That's the left's argument FOR wanting higher income earners to pay more in federal income taxes. They earn more, so they can afford to pay more, their COL be damned.
Quote:
A family of 4 living in a modest home in Wisconsin (property taxes 3.3K, 7% income tax, mortgage interest) can easily have a SALT taxes over 10k.
Pure BS. The mean household income in WI is $59,305, which is flat income taxed at a rate of 6.27% for a maximum income tax of $3,718. The median home value in Wisconsin is $185,300. Average real estate tax in WI is 1.97% for a real estate tax bill of $3,650. That's a SALT tax deduction of $7,368, below the $10,000 SALT deduction tax cap.

Quote:
What do you mean you're not seeing that? This whole thread is about that.
This whole thread is about left-wingers in high tax blue states whining and complaining about being expected to even remotely pay anything closer to their fair share of the federal income tax revenue. They "say" that's what they want, until THEY get the tax bill for it. Hypocrites.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
It had the effect of screwing certain states more than others
"It had the effect of screwing certain states more than others"

And THAT is a LOCAL politicians problem NOT a federal one.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
They will never learn. It is astounding the percentage of working poor - not even middle class - I've met who hate "the poor" while being too ignorant to realize two things: 1) They are poor! 2) All of us are "poor" from the perspective of those who run the nation, and we're all one long job loss away from poverty.

Reminds me of the right-wing idiot I know who, aside from demanding theocracy and similar drivel, hates "all them poor people on government handouts" while at the same time admitting that he grew up on "government cheese" and the EXACT SAME "HANDOUTS" because - guess what? - he was (and still is) poor?! Hypocritical morons... They honestly think that they and their family are "noble working poor," but those people up the roads - all of them, and especially any who are different in skin color, faith, etc - are "bums." Ignorance knows no boundaries with them, sadly.

"Reminds me of the right-wing idiot I know who"

I read your entire post and you have LOT of NERVE calling someone ELSE an idiot!

Old 02-11-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
There are no middle class taxpayers getting "screwed" by the federal government on their tax returns. The doubling of the standard deduction helped the middle class at all levels. There was also a 3% reduction for middle class taxpayers.

The people who are screaming are those in states with high state income taxes like CA, NY, NJ, IL, etc. Since they cannot deduct those high state taxes it seems like it is the fault of the feds. It isn't. It is the fault of the legislatures in those states that soak their citizens. They were able to cloak it in the past, now they can't. If you are unhappy paying more in taxes, elect low taxation state legislators.
Bingo! And that also applies to high local taxes, i.e., real estate tax. There's NO reason whatsoever why local taxing bodies need to milk their residents by levying high tax rates on top of inflated property values.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:38 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,712,554 times
Another fake thread subject as the cause of lower tax returns is the left wing crazy high in State taxes, which causes many left wing residence to move to Florida or else where.

Just facts counts!

Old 02-11-2019, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'm sorry, I meant to say my refund dropped. It was $1,981.00 last year, this year it is $347.00.
How was your withholding affected? Was less withheld than in 2017?

Old 02-11-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Wow I cant believe some states charge so much for property tax, I pay about $2800 for a 400k house. I thought that was alot, considering you have to pay that for the rest of your life while you live in the house.
Sadly, government at ALL levels, local, state, and federal, are hugely wasteful bureaucracies with the power to confiscate your assets and or imprison you at will if you do not pay whatever they demand.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:47 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,650,422 times
I know a lot of people that say they are moving from California to Arizona when they retire because of high taxes. What's the matter with these people? They cannot find jobs in the right wing utopia Arizona? I laugh in their faces.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It wasn't a failure, everyone was warned, that they wouldn't get as much back if they didn't with hold at a higher rate....

You either got more in your paycheck each week, and you didn't get as much back if anything in your tax return.

Me, I'd prefer more money in my pay each week, rather than give it to the government to earn interest on and waste it away....
Agree. It is ridiculously absurd that so many people count on giving the Fed Gov an interest free loan just to get a tax refund check. MUCH better to keep that money in the first place and do something productive with it, for example, save and invest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies