Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 02:29 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. That quote and more, here:
Wealthy Taxpayers Screaming About Lost Deductions Under Trump Tax "Cuts"

I thought the left was all about wanting the rich to pay more in federal income tax. Now, they can't stop whining and complaining about it when that's actually happening under tax reform. Idiotic hypocrites. /SMH
No they are against the rich paying more if it is Trump's fault. In this case I am surprised she wasn't subject to amt last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 02:30 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,688 times
Quote:
Yep. That quote and more, here:
Wealthy Taxpayers Screaming About Lost Deductions Under Trump Tax "Cuts"

I thought the left was all about wanting the rich to pay more in federal income tax. Now, they can't stop whining and complaining about it when that's actually happening under tax reform. Idiotic hypocrites. /SMH
The hypocrisy comes from people who stand there with their hands out for money and they don’t work. Like those who live on unearned income/welfare. Who then demand that those that provide the value for their money stop complaining. It’s absolutely mind numbing. That parasitic component of our economy is the problem.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:30 PM

45,376 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I paid $2300.00 less this year, and received $1600.00 less on my refund, for a net gain of around $700.00
I think for your net gain you'd have to add your $2300 less paid in and your actual refund amount rather than subtract what you didn't receive in a refund from the amount you paid less. That should give you your additional overall dollars received/earned, whatever.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:31 PM

89,008 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Here is the thing though, anyone paying less than 17% effective tax rate (total taxed income) would lose. I am saying 17 as that is the sustainable tax rate under a flat tax proposal. I know I couldn't afford to have that jump. The same can be said for the Fair Tax proposal too.
You could afford to pay your fair share, just like anyone else. It would require a reduction in your standard of living and living within or below your means. But you'd rather be greedy and force other people to pay what should be YOUR fair share of the federal income tax so that you can live more comfortably on their dime.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
You could afford to pay your fair share, just like anyone else. It would require a reduction in your standard of living and living within or below your means. But you'd rather be greedy and force other people to pay what should be YOUR fair share of the federal income tax so that you can live more comfortably on their dime.
How about you work your fair share?

Old 02-11-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem is both parties have their pet projects. Republicans love wars, to an extent Democrats too. Republicans love you give tax cuts while Democrats want to expand social safety nets. Both are guilty plain and simple.
Democrats are the warmongers. Click to watch the animation and mounting death toll, here:

http://www.mapsofwar.com/images/American-Wars.swf

Old 02-11-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Unbelievable. I don’t understand how you can speak this way to people that provide for you. It’s so on ethical. It’s so self-serving.

Investment income is a problem:

“Summarizing the arguments above:

Money has value because you can get something of value for it.
That value has to come from somewhere (Money is a zero-sum system).

Only nature and people create value. Invested money gets you more money, but cannot do real work; it cannot actually create anything.

When I receive investment income (for example interest), I am being given credit for value created by someone else; that is, I am being paid for their work.

Therefore, investment income is unjust”

What's the Problem With Unearned Income?

Old 02-11-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Somehow I don’t think you would find that response reasonable if it was directed at you.
I disagree. That's exactly why I fled high tax IL for a lower-taxed state.
Quote:
If, and likely when given FDA deregulation, you experience a drug side effect or drug drug interaction that gives you a heart attack or organ damage I can just tell you nobody forces you to take a med.
That's why warnings and risks are clearly printed on the label/literature accompanying the drug. Receipt of such is an acknowledgement of the risks one is assuming by taking the drug.
Quote:
As you type away on technology created by sectors in high COL areas. As your unearned income is likely dependent on these sectors.
As is/will be 100+ million US workers/retirees who in aggregate have $28 trillion worth of investments in their pensions/retirement accounts.

Quote:
I would be more interested in leveraging our federal tax contributions as well as our sectors to bring more monies back into the state and its producers. I know incentives already exist for companies, but expanding it in light of the recent tax reform.
Won't happen. local, state, and federal governments and their functions are mutually exclusive. That's why each level levies its own taxes.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:45 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Multiple supporters of President Donald Trump over the past couple of weeks have taken to Twitter to air their grievances about the president’s signature tax cut plan. Here's one example.

https://twitter.com/973angie/status/1088151062111023104

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/tru...gops-tax-plan/

I suspect there is going to be much more of this as more people realize how badly Trump and the GOP screwed the middle class.
Bet you can’t wait for a dem to get into office and reverses the tax cuts.. and begin to tax the crap out of the middle and upper middle class. But it will be cool because it’s a dem who’s now screwing you now?

Old 02-11-2019, 02:49 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Bet you can’t wait for a dem to get into office and reverses the tax cuts.. and begin to tax the crap out of the middle and upper middle class. But it will be cool because it’s a dem who’s now screwing you now?
Reversing the tax cuts really would not hurt the middle class at all. It's the very wealthy that would be concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies