Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 05:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Ok. Do we should make the US into a worse ****hole than Mexico so they won't want to come here.
No, and Im not claiming to have the right answer that would reduce or stop these kinds of things, but its very clear, the methods we have been using, are not effective at all, maybe its time to try another approach, and stop relying on 'law enforcement' (in general). LE approach to this and other things, have never been effective, why would they keep relying on LE or look to LE for the solution? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 06:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,629,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It's RAMPANT.

No one talks about it.
As is noted, the big times are the National Political Conventions and the Superbowl. High demand for most everything.

It's hard to regulate behavior that the "top people" participate in. I am fairly confident that most of us here don't demand these types of services regularly.

I may be somewhat of a prude myself. When I displayed at conventions in Reno, for example, all the guys were meeting after dinner to go to the strip clubs. I had zero interest. These were decent guys....but they felt like they had to do it. Not a thought about the people who had to work there.

I have had the experience - in Vegas a friend dragged me into Glitter Gulch. It's really weird to have these beautiful young ladies come up to you and ask "where are you from?".....

I don't know...maybe I'm too "real" to play that game.

Old 02-07-2019, 06:11 PM

25,803 posts, read 16,451,635 times
Mostly Democrats taking part. Fact

Old 02-07-2019, 06:15 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,619,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The slave trade around the world still exists.

You would think there would be more public interest in fighting against this. There does seem to be more awareness of it lately. Hopefully it doesn't mean it is increasing in the US.

Worst Countries For Human Trafficking Today

Human trafficking is a multi-billion dollar business and one of the fastest-growing illegal industries on the planet.

The US Department, which investigates countries for its annual Trafficking in Person report, has classified 46 countries as Tier 3 from 2011 to 2018. Tier 3 is the lowest rankings for countries that are not fully meeting the minimum standards set out in the Trafficking Victims Protection Act and are not making any significant step to do so. Four countries have appeared on the annual Trafficking in Person report as Tier 3 countries consistently from 2011 to 2018; these are Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Iran, and North Korea. Central African Republic, Mauritania, and Syria have appeared as Tier 3 seven out of the eight years while Algeria, DR Congo, Guinea-Bissau, Papua New Guinea, Russia, and Venezuela have been listed as Tier 3 six out of eight years.

And yet there are thousands of posts by TRUMPets telling us the US has no business getting involved in the affairs of others..

LET me be clear. had a liberal posted this we would see a swamp of Trumper declaring "none of our biz" . "keep out", "nothing to do with us"....

but it today the right wing are back to being globalists...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies