Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were you impressed by the State of the Union Address?
YES 158 63.97%
NO 89 36.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 11:27 AM

29,383 posts, read 9,570,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ok, I've had enough of your personal attacks. You might want to follow the rules of the TOS of this forum. Lefty liberals provide so-called facts from mostly biased sources that aren't factual while ignoring the opinions of the Border Patrol themselves just for starters and keep defending illegal aliens where there is no defense of lawlessness, economically or otherwise. Off to my ignore list you go.
How many people must be on your ignore list by now I wonder...

Not something I understand too well, but perhaps another big difference between different types of people and their tolerance for opinion different from theirs.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:29 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,459,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
"Gets old?"

Uhhh...

Oh never mind.
Yes my ADD takes over at times and in my haste I don’t proofread all the time before I hit send, I got it.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterdragon8212 View Post
To your first point, you are clearly entirely ignorant regarding the brain's reactions to trauma. Perhaps the following link will illuminate the more common response to sexual assault or harassment - not "fight or flight", but "freeze" and the neurobiology/neurochemistry behind it...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...and-harassment

Furthermore, just because you've "heard that talk before among men" doesn't make it right and doesn't mean we should just all accept that "boys will be boys." As a woman, you are doing a fabulous job of encouraging false narratives that lead to victim blaming/shaming and the continuation of a culture that diminishes the importance and validity of female experiences.

I find it quite humorous that a President who has routinely disparaged women, advocated for sexual assault, was accused by his own ex-wife of rape, and creepily announced he would sleep with his own daughter if he wasn't related to her, decided to take credit for the "historic amount of women" in Congress today in his STOU address. In a round about way, he is responsible for it I guess, but not because he wanted it to happen - because women were so pissed about his character that they decided to run campaigns to try and attack his motives and ideals and weaken his influence.

And to the poster that said "it didn't happen in the White House" and "let's talk about Clinton" - this is merely a distraction technique and a misplaced assumption at that. What makes you think I'm okay with what Clinton did? For the record, I'm not - Unlike some others on this thread, I do not make my moral judgments/criticisms about people based solely on political leanings...
I read that comment and replied before getting to your reply, and thanks again for "lowering the boom" as appropriate. I also thought to add the same point. These notions essentially excusing unacceptable behavior or seemingly wanting to normalize them are a big part of perpetuating the same sort of backward thinking and behavior going on a bit too long now.

This too gets way too old for the rest of us to stomach much anymore, but I think we've got to have patience as the old folks go their way and the younger generation steps in without all this mental backwardness baggage.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I cannot watch youtube at work...

I don't care what it came across as....everyone see's everything different. And the very fact that you are upset over “such good shape” and then try to turn it on me, that that's not what he said...yea, that's twisting words and you're right...it does get old when lefties twist words to suit there needs...even when wrong....

LOL...you just twisted words because you did not research... and then provide some video that agrees with you (I assume)....all over the words "such good shape." Sad...really sad...

And just think if he would have used your words above...HOLY HECK....and you and your ilk are upset over "such good shape"..your heads would have exploded if would have said that....
You are writing all these comments while you are at work?!?

What on Earth do you do I wonder...

Or should I say not do?

Old 02-08-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I worked for a very large company for 34 years straight and never in those 34 years did I ever meet or even see the CEO, CFO of the company.
I also worked in a very large company, in headquarters, and that's probably why my experience was different from yours, but your experience is by far the more common...

With respect to hiring illegal workers, I too doubt that Trump would likely have had any immediate involvement or awareness about the hiring of illegal workers for a few reasons. One, it doesn't seem like Trump's M.O. to concern himself with bending the law here and there. Second, people like Trump hire people to keep those sorts of issues and problems from coming to his attention.

Third, and this is the big one more directly related to the issue of hiring illegal immigrants, the nature of the work they are hired to do is so low on the economic ladder and there are so many of these jobs that need filling, lots of American employers just can't justify all the time, effort and expense to properly vet these workers for legal status. To clean hotel rooms? Seriously? Just doesn't make good business sense, especially when the legal system doesn't really take the matter all that seriously either.

So what do we do while we all know thousands of these people are working for American employers not really wanting to bother vetting them, actually wanting them to work here, inviting them to do so and more than glad to pay them to stay and work?

We talk drug-smuggling rapist and murdering criminals, or "bad hombres" for you who are also Spanish speaking...

Old 02-08-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Then you need to read the rest of the conversation....before spewing...
I did! And you think I'm doing the "spewing."

How you DO amuse me...

Old 02-08-2019, 12:09 PM

46,187 posts, read 26,924,819 times
Quote:
You are writing all these comments while you are at work?!?

What on Earth do you do I wonder...

Or should I say not do?

I have a great job...as long as I do my job, my boss does not care, and I do a very good job...the pay raises have been very nice to me over the last 9 years....after I retired form the Army....

https://amcomdmz.redstone.army.mil/c...asl_cmo_samsar

Second clickable link in the middle of the page....is what I do...

And how nice of you to be condescending, without knowing....wait...never mind....I'm used to you spewing anyway....

Old 02-08-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I did! And you think I'm doing the "spewing."

How you DO amuse me...

As you amuse many of us here...with your better than you attitude...

And you obviously did not...or you would see that I responded to him/her a second time....

So, keep amusing us, we need the good gut chuckle..every now and then....

Old 02-08-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
As you amuse many of us here...with your better than you attitude...

And you obviously did not...or you would see that I responded to him/her a second time....

So, keep amusing us, we need the good gut chuckle..every now and then....
The reference to "us" also amuses me, but I'm more interested in the comments that seem more about intelligent exchange of opinion. I know that sounds condescending to you, but I think that's more your problem than mine (and common among people with thin skins who let emotions get the better of them, including the defensive emotions).

All to say that sometimes the exchange between the rest of "us" is worthwhile and for those with the lower tolerance for opinion different from theirs, there is always the immature ignore feature strategy. My compliments that you don't seem to be one of those sorts of people. Quite the contrary!

Also congrats on doing well in a job that allows you all this free time. I got a nasty message about security when I tried to access the information in the link, so I declined pursuing the information further. Can you copy/paste a simple description?

I have had jobs and/or periods of employment that allowed me "free time," but I always found a way to use that time in a way that somehow productively served my employer. That also lead the way to promotions and better pay. That might sound condescending too, but this is also simply the truth. None of which you appreciate hearing much. I know...

I've got to sign off now, because even though I'm retired, I have a hard time wasting this much time on anything for too long in one sit. Maybe again over tomorrow's morning wake up coffee...

Old 02-08-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
The reference to "us" also amuses me, but I'm more interested in the comments that seem more about intelligent exchange of opinion. I know that sounds condescending to you, but I think that's more your problem than mine (and common among people with thin skins who let emotions get the better of them, including the defensive emotions).
Quote:

All to say that sometimes the exchange between the rest of "us" is worthwhile and for those with the lower tolerance for opinion different from theirs, there is always the immature ignore feature strategy. My compliments that you don't seem to be one of those sorts of people. Quite the contrary!

Also congrats on doing well in a job that allows you all this free time. I got a nasty message about security when I tried to access the information in the link, so I declined pursuing the information further. Can you copy/paste a simple description?

I have had jobs and/or periods of employment that allowed me "free time," but I always found a way to use that time in a way that somehow productively served my employer. That might sound condescending too, but this too is simply the truth. None of which you appreciate hearing much. I know...

I'm not sure why you would get a nasty message...every single aviation company in the world has access to it...it's a public website....

Quote:
All prospective vendors seeking to compete for a solicitationfor M&O, for any Critical Safety Item (CSI) component(s) or component(s)containing CSI sub-components, and NON_CSI components are required to be consideredan U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Life Cycle Management Command (AMCOM) approvedsource, and must submit a SAR package for review and approval by theEngineering Directorate (ED). Source approval must be obtained prior tobeing considered for contract award.

Quote:
An M&O SAR is atechnical capability proposal from an alternate supplier seeking to gain sourceapproval for the M&O of a specific part managed by AMCOM. Once source approval is granted to asupplier, they are considered an approved source and can bid on AMCOMsolicitations for the M&O of aircraft parts. A SAR is one of the key means by which aprospective supplier demonstrates their capability to M&O a part that meetsor exceeds the Army’s technical data requirements.

No, it does not sound condensing...and sorry you don't have the ability to multi-task.....

And I appreciate constructive feedback, not verbal blasting...not that you would know the difference..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies