Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 07:04 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times

Advertisements

Peter Jordanson basically breaks down politics into two ideologies.

He describes the Creative disorderly start up company types as left wing.
He describes the Non creative and orderly run companies types as right wing.
We all start off within the family nucleus and as we get older we break away from
family and seek those tribes in common with our music,thoughts etc....

The western world is a success because it developed individualism within the tribe.
This is developmental progression for the continued existence of our country as we know it.
Individualism acts like bells and whistles to keep each other in check from getting derailed.

If you wish to watch video prior to commenting:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxdvA4dit-o

Is Individualism the solution to tribalism?

What are your thoughts ?

Curious minds would like to know.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 02-06-2019 at 07:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 07:17 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
My thoughts? Well, my thoughts are that you should have included a link or two that would provide us with some information about what you're referring to (a book? an article?) and the guy himself.

I happen to believe, based on anecdotal evidence, that professional creativity seems to be found more among Liberals/Democrats, but the rest of it sounds like potential hooey. Perhaps his own words would have sounded better.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:22 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
"He describes the Non creative and orderly run companies types as right wing."
I think the a Left-winger is often more creative seeing as they might seek more things to have P.C. card applied to.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
I love how Jordason -- a lifetime pure academic -- liberal arts programs only -- has become the champion for so many conservatives. He's laughing at the irony of it all.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
"He describes the Non creative and orderly run companies types as right wing."
I think the a Left-winger is often more creative seeing as they might seek more things to have P.C. card applied to.
Correct but the conservative is needed to run a tight ship.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I love how Jordason -- a lifetime pure academic -- liberal arts programs only -- has become the champion for so many conservatives. He's laughing at the irony of it all.
He left college a long time ago before ever becoming indoctrinated by the collective............

Old 02-06-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
My thoughts? Well, my thoughts are that you should have included a link or two that would provide us with some information about what you're referring to (a book? an article?) and the guy himself.

I happen to believe, based on anecdotal evidence, that professional creativity seems to be found more among Liberals/Democrats, but the rest of it sounds like potential hooey. Perhaps his own words would have sounded better.
I have added the link in my post.
Hope it helps.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:17 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
I've listened to a dozen or so talks by Peterson online. his interviews and speeches are always informative, backed by facts, and cogent. Unfortunately, the people who should consider his points of view refuse to do so.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:50 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Peter Jordanson basically breaks down politics into two ideologies.

He describes the Creative disorderly start up company types as left wing.
He describes the Non creative and orderly run companies types as right wing.
We all start off within the family nucleus and as we get older we break away from
family and seek those tribes in common with our music,thoughts etc....

The western world is a success because it developed individualism within the tribe.
This is developmental progression for the continued existence of our country as we know it.
Individualism acts like bells and whistles to keep each other in check from getting derailed.

If you wish to watch video prior to commenting:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxdvA4dit-o

Is Individualism the solution to tribalism?

What are your thoughts ?

Curious minds would like to know.
One thing I noticed about Jordan Peterson is that both the cringe fringe left, and cringe fringe right hate him.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:55 AM

2,090 posts, read 3,575,984 times
Peter Jordanson, Carl Tuckerson, Crow Steveder.... Love these guys!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies