Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 10:36 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
if you read entire thread it is clear Craig knows much more than all Trump supporters combined!
I did read the entire thread, especially the parts where our resident philosopher explained to us that manufacturing would end up somewhere close to China. Have you ever seen a globe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 10:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Oh well.

So what was that corporate tax cut all about?

Old 02-07-2019, 10:47 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh well.

So what was that corporate tax cut all about?

It's about more Americans now working than ever before in United States History. Let that sink in.

Only Deranged Democrats would make the fallacious argument that you have to win 100% of them or Trump has failed. Obviously he hasn't.

Trump Still Winning!

MAGA!

Old 02-07-2019, 10:51 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Not ideal, but honestly, I'd rather ALL companies that sell products here in the US move operations to either the US or Mexico.

I trust Mexico far more than I trust China, that's for dang sure.
1) I prefer US production, yes even if its 80% automated.
2) Not given the US I prefer Canada, UK Germany etc.
3) Not given 1 or 2 above I prefer Mexico over China by a country mile.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:06 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,837,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Ouch, that one didn't age well.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:26 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Hard to compete when China steals your IP.
Fixed focus cameras are not exactly the state of the art these days.

I guess you'd say that Sony stole it too.....and Garmin and many others.

Having gotten patents, copyrights and trademarks I can state with some certainty that ideas (like a rugged camera or one that is in a waterproof shell) is not IP.

BTW, most of these "Chinese made" gadgets are made by an American company based right here in St. Petes.
https://www.jabil.com/

They employ tens of thousands overseas...and a few here. They are probably the company that is doing GoPro's move for them. They "win" on both ends.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:29 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
They employ tens of thousands overseas...and a few here. They are probably the company that is doing GoPro's move for them. They "win" on both ends.
We all know you want to see America fail.

But because of Trump more Americans are working now than ever before in the history of the USA.

Not everything will be a win. You get that don't you?

Old 02-07-2019, 11:32 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Fixed focus cameras are not exactly the state of the art these days.

I guess you'd say that Sony stole it too.....and Garmin and many others.

Having gotten patents, copyrights and trademarks I can state with some certainty that ideas (like a rugged camera or one that is in a waterproof shell) is not IP.
Uh, they're stealing a lot more than consumer product IP...

Please come out from under your rock.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's about more Americans now working than ever before in United States History. Let that sink in.

Only Deranged Democrats would make the fallacious argument that you have to win 100% of them or Trump has failed. Obviously he hasn't.
Well, having been around this MAGA (Trump Central) community in Florida many times a week....I was happy when the local paper yesterday told us what we already know.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...ind-by-economy

"Only" 46% of Floridians are not able to make ends meet. Even here in "Rich Gulf Coast" the figure is 37% to 45%.
"The result: 46 percent of Florida households struggle to achieve a bare-bones, no-frills standard of living."

That's not MAGA. That's disgraceful.

GoPro could have moved here and hired lots of people for $7.25 an hour.

As to the poster who claimed they love Mexico more than Vietnam, for example, I'll leave that one be. MAGA folks have a difficult time admitting they posted fake news about GoPro going "Americans". I guess they really meant "Central American".

Old 02-07-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Uh, they're stealing a lot more than consumer product IP...

Please come out from under your rock.
Be specific.

I was intimately involved in GoPro and the Drone Industry and their failed attempt at copying the innovative Chinese company DJI. Ask me anything.

Not to say that the Chinese, Japanese and many other cultures learn quickly. They do. But surely you realize that companies from ALL over the Globe, especially the US, Europe, Taiwan and Japan, set up production in China and showed them how to do the things they needed to prosper.

You sound hurt that they were smart enough to catch on! But that's the story of life - didn't you realize that the American industrial revolution was largely started by one dude who "stole" IP from England????

"But the Americans had no respect for British intellectual property protections. They had fought for independence to escape the mother country’s suffocating economic restrictions. In their eyes, British technology barriers were a pseudo-colonial ploy to force the United States to serve as a ready source of raw materials and as a captive market for low-end manufactures."

Sounds a bit like today...our corporations wanted them to stay as low-cost wage slaves, but they desired to do more.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2012/12/06...e-pirates-too/

You must.....know that. And the world stole gunpowder IP from China. And so it goes. Smart Americans innovate (like Musk) and don't spend their time trying to go back in time.

Anyway, feel free to ask me about GoPro and their failure - totally due to greed, incapability and ignorance - to even start to compete with the great worldwide Drone innovator - DJI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies