Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2019, 06:09 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,776,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
he said "Good for you that you don't mind paying 10 times more for Medicare that is going away under Single Payer."

just to clarify he said medicare would be eliminated under a true singlepayer

MfA is NOT singlepayer (singlepayer means one single entity and ONLY one single entity pays 100% of the particular bill (meaning no copays..if there is a copay then it is not singlepayer its dual payer)) (MfA is an 80/20 insurance)

Stop with the lies.

We all know about the 80/20 as it applies to MEDICARE. Medicare for All is an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ENTITY. It's those who want to jump on board, who are trying to convince current beneficiaries that nothing will change...that everyone else will simply be included under that umbrella. Baloney.

And the insured's copay has nothing to do with whether his insurance is "single payer." That's determined by whether or not there's another insurer.

Educate yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 06:11 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,132,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We have no idea what a new program would consist of as we do not have it.
If this is true than how can you keep saying that it will cost less in the long run? Are you psychic or have a magical crystal ball somewhere? Why don't you just read everyone's tea leaves and let us all know whether we are going to get a terminal disease or die peacefully in our beds at age 100.....We can pay you a couple mill and save ourselves a whole bunch.....

Old 02-08-2019, 06:18 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,082,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
PK, we are going around in circles here...usually you are level headed

how can you say with a straight face that "We have no idea what a new program would consist of as we do not have it", when MFA is NOT new, its just medicare expanded.... even Bernie said so himself
Until we have a program written, debated and getting ready to be voted on, all we can do is make claims we do not know if true or not. I'm going to support UHC. I don't really care how we go about it. I'm not interested in discussing specifics until we have specifics.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
If this is true than how can you keep saying that it will cost less in the long run?
My position is that everything needs addressed. That everyone will likely have to give up something for everyone to get something. I'm not arguing that politicians may do it all wrong (like Obamacare). They might, if they do, like with Obamacare I'm not going to support it.

Done right, costs have to come down. You get rid of middlemen, profits, duplication, etc. Argue you don't trust that to get done and I'll say that I understand your concern.

Quote:
Are you psychic or have a magical crystal ball somewhere? Why don't you just read everyone's tea leaves and let us all know whether we are going to get a terminal disease or die peacefully in our beds at age 100.....We can pay you a couple mill and save ourselves a whole bunch.....
I'm not the one saying what something that doesn't even exist yet will do.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:28 PM

2,068 posts, read 994,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We have no idea what a new program would consist of as we do not have it.

This makes me laugh...the Pelosi argument.

"we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it"

Old 02-08-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
This makes me laugh...the Pelosi argument.

"we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it"
No it isn't. It's a simple fact. We do not have a proposal yet. When we do, we can discuss it. If they politicians refuse to allow it to be open and discussed, just like with Pelosi, I won't support it.

Old 02-08-2019, 08:00 PM

34,773 posts, read 16,786,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
32% prefer universal gov't payer healthcare plus private insurance supplement
26% prefer universal gov't payer healthcare with an option to opt out of private insurance
13% prefer universal gov't payer healthcare and abolish private insurance

15% prefer abolish all government healthcare, go 100% private
14% prefer the status quo

Pretty strong support for some form of Medicare For All.

source: Government's Role in Healthcare
People always support something others are paying for.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:02 PM

18,556 posts, read 7,331,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
32% prefer universal gov't payer healthcare plus private insurance supplement
26% prefer universal gov't payer healthcare with an option to opt out of private insurance
13% prefer universal gov't payer healthcare and abolish private insurance

15% prefer abolish all government healthcare, go 100% private
14% prefer the status quo

Pretty strong support for some form of Medicare For All.

source: Government's Role in Healthcare
Somehow the headline's 71% turns into 13% in your post!

Old 02-08-2019, 10:14 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,534,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Somehow the headline's 71% turns into 13% in your post!
Universal healthcare and single payer healthcare aren't the same thing necessarily

Old 02-08-2019, 11:19 PM

18,556 posts, read 7,331,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Universal healthcare and single payer healthcare aren't the same thing necessarily
They're new terms. Most people will interpret "universal healthcare" to mean government healthcare or "socialized medicine" like the NHS. "Single payer" is a goofy term that no one uses in any country that actually has it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies