Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 12:25 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post

I was FERVENT in my prayers. "Please, God. PLEASE spare the country. PLEASE don't allow the Supreme Court to go nutty left. Please help the unborn, God. Please. You can't possibly allow that evil woman to win. All the hatred and lies and criminal activity by her CANNOT be rewarded, God. PLEASE!!!!"
Matthew 7:1- Judge not, that ye not be judged.

Psalm 34:13- Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit.

Matthew 3:22- But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable for judgement.

Ephesians 4:3- Let no corrupt talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:43 PM

958 posts, read 304,186 times
To continue the story, the next day, I was so exuberantly joyous and thanked God all day. I literally had a bounce in my step for WEEKS after the election. And the stock market was celebrating right along with me. Consumer confidence went through the roof. The whole nation was exulting. I had been in a funk for such a long time, and suddenly my entire mien changed. It was indeed a special time.

I thank God every single day for sparing us the Marxist horror of Hillary and scrapping every trace of 0bummer's horrible executive orders.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:45 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
Really! I want a new Porsche 911 or Macan. Maybe I'll pray for those.
I'm just over here praying that I can somehow afford to put a new engine in my 1989 Toyota pickup

Old 02-09-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Wow, considering your power of magical prayers, why not pray to end world hunger or promote true world peace? Or to heal all the sick. End animal cruelty. Etc.

Of all things to pray for, you prayed for someone to win the 2016 election? lmao

World hunger has been SHARPLY curbed since 1970. Hunger is only 2% of what it was then. More answered prayers!!

Old 02-09-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
We do know for sure. But if it relaxes you and makes you feel better, go for it. There have been controlled studies on this and the results show that intercessory prayer has no effect on anything in reality.

And there is no supernatural. Existence, and everything in it, is natural.
I'm sorry, guy. I have had too many answered prayers in my life not to believe in it. I've had a great life.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:50 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
So, who is praying for starving kids in Somalia, or school shootings? It must be a whole lot of people!

Old 02-09-2019, 12:52 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Right after 0bummer won re-election, I was despondent. I had prayed sporadically, but wasn't living my best life. Then when the result happened, I decided to clean things up a bit, and become fervent in my prayers. So I said the Rosary every single day for the next four years, without exception. Every day. Took me 20-30 minutes a day. I offered the Rosary as prayer as I requested various things; protection for my family, well-being for friends and those who were sick, for the souls of loved ones. But I always ended by praying for the country, specifically for the 2016 election, that Hillary would lose.

I was FERVENT in my prayers. "Please, God. PLEASE spare the country. PLEASE don't allow the Supreme Court to go nutty left. Please help the unborn, God. Please. You can't possibly allow that evil woman to win. All the hatred and lies and criminal activity by her CANNOT be rewarded, God. PLEASE!!!!"

So all during 2015 and 2016, the media had Trump in trouble. Couldn't win the nomination. About to quit. This new scandal will be the one that does him in. On and on it went. They had him with a 90% chance to lose. Even the day before the election, they had him ten points down. No chance of winning. The exit polls, according to the early evening telecasts, had a huge Hillary win.

Still I kept on praying.

Then the tide suddenly turned. The most unlikely thing happened. From the ashes, Trump emerged the victor. Prayer worked. Fervent strong prayer every single day.

That episode confirmed for me the power of prayer and existence of God for me. God listened and answered. And I suspect a lot more than me were praying just as hard.
I would respond if I thought you were a real person, lol.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:57 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Right after 0bummer won re-election, I was despondent. I had prayed sporadically, but wasn't living my best life. Then when the result happened, I decided to clean things up a bit, and become fervent in my prayers. So I said the Rosary every single day for the next four years, without exception. Every day. Took me 20-30 minutes a day. I offered the Rosary as prayer as I requested various things; protection for my family, well-being for friends and those who were sick, for the souls of loved ones. But I always ended by praying for the country, specifically for the 2016 election, that Hillary would lose.

So all during 2015 and 2016, the media had Trump in trouble. Couldn't win the nomination. About to quit. This new scandal will be the one that does him in. On and on it went. They had him with a 90% chance to lose. Even the day before the election, they had him ten points down. No chance of winning. The exit polls, according to the early evening telecasts, had a huge Hillary win.

Still I kept on praying.

Then the tide suddenly turned. The most unlikely thing happened. From the ashes, Trump emerged the victor. Prayer worked. Fervent strong prayer every single day.

That episode confirmed for me the power of prayer and existence of God for me. God listened and answered. And I suspect a lot more than me were praying just as hard.
So all your prayers were based on a hate for Obama and Hillary.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:01 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, guy. I have had too many answered prayers in my life not to believe in it. I've had a great life.
That's just because you've been lucky.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:03 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Surely OP is not that dense and this is an attempt at trolling... Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies