Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 03:13 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,426 times

Advertisements

Some of you are terribly soft. I'd like to have some of you subjected to one single Bobby Knight tirade. You'd have prescribe PTSD therapy for yourselves.

Last edited by chiociolliscalves; 02-09-2019 at 03:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 03:15 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I don't know who appears to be the bigger female dog, her or nutty Mazie Hirono.

Hirono has become the face of how Democrats actually think, what they REALLY believe.

Her bitter expletive rants have betrayed the party for what it has become. They pretend to care about civility yet show none.

Old 02-09-2019, 03:27 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Could Amy Klobuchar's mistreatment of staff lead to sabotage of her ambitions of higher office ?

We all know there is the public and the private perception and they don't always match.
If she can't respect her own staff how in the world would she respect the tens of millions of people she doesn't personally know ?

Prospective Dem candidate Amy Klobuchar's treatment of staff led to rebuke from Harry Reid: report
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pro...ry-reid-report

On Friday evening, HuffPost published a story filled with new allegations, including that she required staff to perform personal duties such as washing dishes. Such a demand would be in violation of the Senate’s rules and federal law against personal use of the office, it said.
The left will pretend to care about Klobuchar's mis treatment of staff (especially if they are women/minorities) unless Klobuchar somehow gets filtered down to being a viable nominee.

Then she will become a superhero crusader for all, especially women/minorities, amd any criticism of her, however valid, will be due only to white male patriarchy and misogyny. Get with the program, will ya?

Did we forget Hillary/2016 so quickly?

Old 02-09-2019, 03:33 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
The left will pretend to care about Klobuchar's mis treatment of staff (especially if they are women/minorities) unless Klobuchar somehow gets filtered down to being a viable nominee.

Then she will become a superhero crusader for all, especially women/minorities, amd any criticism of her, however valid, will be due only to white male patriarchy and misogyny. Get with the program, will ya?

Did we forget Hillary/2016 so quickly?
Er, HuffPo and the Left is already attacking her because she isn't "left enough" and is too willing to work with Republicans. Try and keep up.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:13 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
This reminds me of the way I used to exasperatedly roll my eyes at news reports saying "John McCain has a temper!" or "Hillary McCain has a temper!" So what? Anyone who aims for high office is going to lose their temper sometimes.

In this particular case, AK is already a senator, and it's premature to already assume she'll run for higher office. There aren't that many offices higher than senator.

As to your silly question of "If she can't respect her own staff how in the world would she respect the tens of millions of people she doesn't personally know ?" - Everyone tends to treat employees differently from constituents/clients. That's how modern life works. We treat different roles differently. Surely you yourself treat your family differently from strangers.

I'd be sorry if she "reduced" people to tears, but god knows I've seen that in the private sector, so I wouldn't expect government to be any different.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
This reminds me of the way I used to exasperatedly roll my eyes at news reports saying "John McCain has a temper!" or "Hillary McCain has a temper!" So what? Anyone who aims for high office is going to lose their temper sometimes.

In this particular case, AK is already a senator, and it's premature to already assume she'll run for higher office. There aren't that many offices higher than senator.

As to your silly question of "If she can't respect her own staff how in the world would she respect the tens of millions of people she doesn't personally know ?" - Everyone tends to treat employees differently from constituents/clients. That's how modern life works. We treat different roles differently. Surely you yourself treat your family differently from strangers.

I'd be sorry if she "reduced" people to tears, but god knows I've seen that in the private sector, so I wouldn't expect government to be any different.
It's hilarious to watch Trump supporters accuse her of being a 'bad boss'.

She comes across like the nicest person in the world. IF 'being mean' is her biggest worry - I think she's good

Old 02-09-2019, 04:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Er, HuffPo and the Left is already attacking her because she isn't "left enough" and is too willing to work with Republicans. Try and keep up.
But THIS thread isn't about the left attacking her is it? It was started by a fawning Trump apologist.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:19 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
That original HuffPo story on this is a joke. My question is: were her staffers that were "reduced to tears" females or males? Until not long ago, I would've automatically known the answer. In times like these, I can't say for sure. (Not to bring this back to "millennialism")

She sounds like a tough boss. Good for her. I liked the bit about tardy notices for her staffers. Show up on time. It's rude to waste other's.
From what I read, she yelled at several and threw a briefing book down a table.

Not sure how how being a boss who expects staff to do their jobs is going to sabotage her campaign, but if that's the best righties can find on her, it is going to be slim pickings.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:21 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Could Amy Klobuchar's mistreatment of staff lead to sabotage of her ambitions of higher office ?

We all know there is the public and the private perception and they don't always match.
If she can't respect her own staff how in the world would she respect the tens of millions of people she doesn't personally know ?

Prospective Dem candidate Amy Klobuchar's treatment of staff led to rebuke from Harry Reid: report
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pro...ry-reid-report

On Friday evening, HuffPost published a story filled with new allegations, including that she required staff to perform personal duties such as washing dishes. Such a demand would be in violation of the Senate’s rules and federal law against personal use of the office, it said.
Can a Trump supporter ask such a question without looking like a hypocrite?

Old 02-09-2019, 04:22 PM

14,680 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
Not only is she a bitter b..ch, I couldn’t vote for someone that looks like her...she’s angry!
So “Resting ***** Face” is now a conservative disqualifier, why am I not surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies