Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 12:01 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
This group is funded by European governments and their goal is to press on Israeli government to withdraw from Judea and Samaria. What they say is a lie. I'v been in that war, and there was absolutely no intent to harm civilians.
And in any way, Israelis are not speaking about "immoral Americans" without provocation.
I see. but when I point out your accusations about most of the "atrocities" committed by me and my fellow veterans is mostly BS...…...and lies...….you say otherwise? Two can play that game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 12:05 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I was there. never saw or even heard of any rapes. this weaver character is another revisionist who was never there. probably not even alive while it was going on. Bottom line... why rape when you could get it willingly for $5?
Crime of violence not sex. In some parts of the world by socially making the rape victim unable to be a mother because of her status it becomes a genocidal war weapon.

For the American Vietnam War specifically there was the Michael J. Fox movie based upon a true incident The Casualties of War. Incident on Hill 192 in 1966

Old 02-13-2019, 12:35 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Israeli brigade? And what are we to call you? Hezbollah? Mohammad, Kayamm, Anas or Anum?
Hezbollah, Hamas, Sepah, Isis, AlQaeda, Adolf Hitler, a Nazi. Whatever makes you feel better. I know what I am, and I know what you're.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And if anyone refuses to use their critical thinking skills to accept yours at face value, they're what exactly?
If you want to call me a moron, just call me a moron. Go ahead

Old 02-13-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I see. but when I point out your accusations about most of the "atrocities" committed by me and my fellow veterans is mostly BS...…...and lies...….you say otherwise? Two can play that game.
It's clear to any of the none liars in this thread that American soldiers committed many atrocities in Vietnam but Israeli's continue to do so today by sniping at protestors etc. The last time IDF had a real war, was 2006 and they lost that one. Though they killed a lot of Lebanese civilians in bombings. I guess for them that's a win. No military victories against Hezbollah but hey, the Lebanese body count is higher because the Israeli's carpet bombed their cities.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:51 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,974 times
Quote:
I was there. never saw or even heard of any rapes. this weaver character is another revisionist who was never there. probably not even alive while it was going on. Bottom line... why rape when you could get it willingly for $5?
Rape is not about sex, it's about humiliation and control.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:55 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
It's clear to any of the none liars in this thread that American soldiers committed many atrocities in Vietnam but Israeli's continue to do so today by sniping at protestors etc. The last time IDF had a real war, was 2006 and they lost that one. Though they killed a lot of Lebanese civilians in bombings. I guess for them that's a win. No military victories against Hezbollah but hey, the Lebanese body count is higher because the Israeli's carpet bombed their cities.
It's not "protesters", it's violent mob with stones and sometimes hand-grenades.

Lebanon war was not a loss, as it ended on Lebanese soil.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
It's not "protesters", it's violent mob with stones and sometimes hand-grenades.

Lebanon war was not a loss, as it ended on Lebanese soil.
It was a loss. You intended to crush Hezbollah, and you could not do that. Hezbollah never had the capacity to invade Israel - this is changing the goal posts of the encounter.

I remember those days very well, including videos of crying IDF soldiers. The death toll between Hezbollah and IDF were almost at parity as well, which surprised everyone. Of course, propagandists in the Israeli government will claim victory just like America claimed victory in Vietnam.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:07 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
It was a loss. You intended to crush Hezbollah, and you could not do that. Hezbollah never had the capacity to invade Israel - this is changing the goal posts of the encounter.

I remember those days very well, including videos of crying IDF soldiers. The death toll between Hezbollah and IDF were almost at parity as well, which surprised everyone. Of course, propagandists in the Israeli government will claim victory just like America claimed victory in Vietnam.
What did Hezzbolah win? Their existence? They had that before they started the war. They won because they weren’t wiped out? That is some great victory.

The real loser was Lebanon, who’s casualties and infrastructure losses dwarfed that of Israel.

But if you are going to allow Hezzbolah to attack Israel from inside your borders, you have to bear some of the responsibility for that.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
What did Hezzbolah win? Their existence? They had that before they started the war. They won because they weren’t wiped out? That is some great victory.

The real loser was Lebanon, who’s casualties and infrastructure losses dwarfed that of Israel.

But if you are going to allow Hezzbolah to attack Israel from inside your borders, you have to bear some of the responsibility for that.
Yes, their existence and then their pride. Post the 2006 war, Hezbollah was lionized, they even erected a museum near the Israel border dedicated to their fighting prowess.

Of course as a guerilla resistance, the best they can hope for is to give Israel a black eye so they never do it again. And that's what Hezbollah did. Israel had been itching to wipe them out for some time, instead now Hezbollah is firmly entrenched in the Lebanese government and rules the south of Lebanon and has a bigger ego to boot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies