Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 07:38 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
He didn’t write that speech, BTW. Anyone who has paid any attention to him at all knows he doesn’t speak like that unless he’s in front of a TelePrompTer.

so what? obama didnt write any of his speeches, and neither did clinton, carter, reagan, either bush, or in fact just about any president in the latter half of the 20th century. they have all had speech writers to do that job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 08:30 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I wonder who wrote the speech for him?
Whoever it was that wrote it left out all the I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,Is.

Actually, President Trump made it his own.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:38 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
The point of my op was to show that the President has, and is doing just the opposite of what democrats accuse him of, and that was evident in his speech.
I am not stating he hasn't done some of the things the democrats accuse him of, just pointing out that most of their accusations are false, built on their hatred for the man.
The accomplishments, and what could be called future accomplishments were included in his speech to the nation, and facts are facts, he has done just the opposite of what the democrats accuse him of, on more than one occasion.

Bob.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The Trump who goes on international TV throwing his own intelligence community under the bus while standing next to a murderous dictator and failing to call him out for his country's attempts at interfering with our elections has also been with us all the time. The Trump who continually goes off on name-calling Twitter rants with little basis in fact has also been with us all the time. The compulsively lying Trump who presents such gems as North Korea no longer being a nuclear threat has also been with us all the time. The Trump with a well-documented history of reneging on contracts and deceit such as Trump University has also been with us all the time.

One speech written by someone else and mechanically read off a teleprompter by Trump changes none of that.
^^^ That's the Trump we've known for the past three years. One mediocre speech will not change that.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:00 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
^^^ That's the Trump we've known for the past three years. One mediocre speech will not change that.
I was not even up to mediocre standards.
Quote:
From body language to delivery, State of the Union was one of President Donald Trump's worst speeches ever

The speech was a study in contrasts, contradictions and such jumbled structuring that it had him jumping with no apparent connection, from praising World War II heroism to vowing support for parental leave to accusing Democrats of infanticide.

Even as he insisted he was calling for unity, he went hard-core, red-meat, race-baiting divisive in describing the caravans of allegedly murderous, drug-dealing immigrants headed for the Southern border. And then he further tried to up the ante by stoking class warfare with a bogus argument saying working-class Americans were the ones who suffered when immigrants entered the country illegally, while members of the “political class” who want “open borders” live behind walls and have private police protection.

The president’s lip service to unity was further betrayed by his body language. His body was turned throughout the speech toward the Republican side of the room, which resulted when he paused for applause in him striking a profile pose with his chin jutting out and up. (It reminds me of the late Italian dictator Benito Mussolini, but I am willing to admit there might be some subjectivity in that impression.)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertai...205-story.html

Old 02-10-2019, 04:03 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
He didn’t write that speech, BTW. Anyone who has paid any attention to him at all knows he doesn’t speak like that unless he’s in front of a TelePrompTer.

....AND since when is being on a teleprompter a bad thing? Obama used them all the time and was able to deliver a speech like a reverend on fire. It is when he is off the teleprompter that we get the looong pauses between his words that is so annoying.

I liked Trump's speech and even his off the cuff comments that showed he still has a sense of humor despite the constant grinding from the Democrats.

Trump is best when he is off the cuff.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:38 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
A great SOTU address.
The Democrats' sour response is all you need to know why Trump will be re-elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies