Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 08:28 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
It really is masterful how the President has mortally wounded Elizabeth Warren's presidential campaign. Here is his latest tweet:

"Today Elizabeth Warren, sometimes referred to by me as Pocahontas, joined the race for President. Will she run as our first Native American presidential candidate, or has she decided that after 32 years, this is not playing so well anymore? See you on the campaign TRAIL, Liz!"

By constantly referring to her as "Pocahontas", he's done several things:

1) First he has established and firmly entrenched the narrative on her, on her dishonestly, that she repeatedly lied about being an Indian. He even forced her to make a ridiculous promo-ad in which she paid an 'expert' to conduct a DNA test on her, which basically proved his assertion that she is NOT an Inidan.

2) He has established the narrative on Warren as a subject of ridicule. The leftwing media isn't used to this. THEY are the ones used to calling the shots to form public opinion. Trump has overridden them. The media's attempts to frame Trump as racist towards Indians or misogynistic have all failed. They would have brought down lesser men. The ridicule technique works especially well with Warren, because she's slightly goofy with her frequent and pious outrage. She's like the bitchy English teacher in 10th grade everybody hated.

3) Most importantly, Trump is using the Saul Alinsky method of ridicule AGAINST the Marxists. Said Alinsky:

“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. It is also
infuriating to the opposition, which reacts to your advantage, and there is no defense against it"

And this is exactly what Trump has done to the left and Warren. She's toast. Well done, Mr. President !
Does he not have better things to do like run the country ? Manchild!

Old 02-11-2019, 09:06 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,396,063 times
What Donald Gump will do in 2020 when he realizes his lie wells ran dry is bow out and say it's due to his fast food diet.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:35 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Here's the reality, sister. The left does this garbage all the time. When they do it, it's 'funny'. But they get all serious and self-righteous when a conservative dare does it. In fact they usually shout them down, and the conservative falls all over himself apologizing.

Trump doesn't do that. He plays the same game unapologetically that the left does. And you people can't stand it.
Let’s forget about party. What other president has purposely insulted fellow Americans time after time. The reality is....we have a reality star in charge of our country. And yes, he is playing the same game as his TV show.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:47 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Back to the name calling again. Keep it up, it makes you sound intelligent and well educated.

However you still couldn't answer my specific question:
When you make these charges you've at least got to back it up with something?

But you're not opinionated, you're no partisan and you're not a loyal subject?

Indeed you are willfully ignorant. That's about the only thing you've said that made any sense. Whatever place that you are at? I sure as hell don't want to be there, that's for damn sure.

Anyway, I'm done. You can't argue with the willfully ignorant.
not wasting my time debating what this administration did with anyone like yourself who is only too willing to prostrate themselves at the king's feet while simultaneously putting their head in the surrounding sand.

name calling is what your king does best.I do not even come close .

I remain opiniated,politically in the middle,and definitely not a trumponian subject.using king big mac's phrase,I am sure there is good on both sides and in the middle..that is the political place I am at and yes,I am sure you could NEVERbe there

Old 02-11-2019, 11:04 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Whether you like Trump as POTUS or not, those are the words of a toolbag human being. He's a child. If you think ridicule is a tactic any POTUS should use, then I feel sorry for you and the human race in general.

You obviously fail to comprehend the irony of you referring to Trump as a "child" and a "toolbag" because he refers to Warren as Pocahontas.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:06 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
"sometimes referred to by me as Pocahontas" haha
Fauxcohontas is more like it.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:14 AM

958 posts, read 304,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Does he not have better things to do like run the country ? Manchild!
He's running the country extremely well. Far better than 0bummer ever did.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:17 AM

958 posts, read 304,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Let’s forget about party. What other president has purposely insulted fellow Americans time after time. The reality is....we have a reality star in charge of our country. And yes, he is playing the same game as his TV show.
It's called fighting back. The left buried George W. Bush because he didn't fight back. 0bummer always got fawning media treatment. So what was there to fight about against?

The left does it, then makes the rule that the Republican president has to be 'gentlemanly' and take it. It' all part of the game. And if he follows the left's rules, they get to attack him, he doesn't respond, and his poll numbers go to hell, and then so does his agenda.

Praise GOD that Trump is smart enough to see that and not play the game.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:20 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,015 times
Quote:
It's called fighting back. The left buried George W. Bush because he didn't fight back. 0bummer always got fawning media treatment. So what was there to fight about against?

The left does it, then makes the rule that the Republican president has to be 'gentlemanly' and take it. It' all part of the game. And if he follows the left's rules, they get to attack him, he doesn't respond, and his poll numbers go to hell, and then so does his agenda.

Praise GOD that Trump is smart enough to see that and not play the game.
George W. Bush served 8 years as president. Ain't gonna happen with Trump.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:23 AM

28 posts, read 13,710 times
Warren made herself a laughing stock. It had nothing to do with Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies