Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 03:56 PM

24,455 posts, read 17,199,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Dummy... You made more money.

You should have increased your deductions if you wanted more back.

At the end of the year... You made more money.

EXACTLY !

Some people just don't get it. I know someone who is complaining that she is not getting back much at all. I have explained to her several times that you have to pay in (too much) before you can get back what you essentially overpaid. She and her husband are on disability and he has a part time job that he worked for about 4 months in 2018 and she is complaining! UGH.

What is really funny is how many people are saying they are done with Trump because they are not getting back much in a tax refund, because he is not building the wall, because he hasn't locked up Hillary yet... It goes on and on but I would ask these negative nellies, So you are going to vote for one of these Democrat bozos from the Far Left field?

Are you going to be happy when your hard earned tax money is going to help illegal aliens and to promote some ridiculous scheme like the new Green plan ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 03:57 PM

88,956 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
People who give the govt. an interest free loan, only to wait for a refund aren’t very bright.
THAT ^, exactly! /SMH

Old 02-11-2019, 03:58 PM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I am sorry you are not Trump-rich with a team of accountants squeezing every last dime out of the new tax deal your rich buddies got you in Congress and then passed it off as helping out the little guy.
If you are upset now just imagine how you will feel if the democrats take control in 2020!!!!!

Old 02-11-2019, 03:59 PM

23,240 posts, read 18,751,797 times
Who is still naive enough to believe promises spouting from the lips of politicians anyway?

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
Just finished my tax returns...

I made more money, paid more in taxes and am getting back 1/3 the amount I got last year!

SOOOOOO HAAAPPPPY your rich 1% buddies got a tax break, they REEEAAAALLY need it.

Congrats however, now I know I'm voting for ANYONE but Trump.
He doesn't care about your vote if you were rabid and echoing fake news full time for the last two years. He needs warriors, not fans.

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I have the opposite. I made slightly less than last year, but my tax refund went up by about $2,000. The tax code now contains a lovely 20% deduction for small business owners. And the tax code treats real estate agents as sole proprietorships. Plus I can section 179 pretty much anything I buy for my business.

I LOVE THE NEW TAX CODE. It's about time the tax code gave a break to the people who pay for all the freeloading vagabonds and other redistributive suckups.
Im guessing the OP has a degree in "transgendered studies"--so no deductions since its a useless degree

Old 02-11-2019, 04:00 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,032,278 times
Quote:

I made more money, paid more in taxes and am getting back 1/3 the amount I got last year!

SOOOOOO HAAAPPPPY your rich 1% buddies got a tax break, they REEEAAAALLY need it.

So effing stupid. Let's see how much you like doing your tax return after the Green New Deal goes into effect. And the Universal Childcare. And the Student Loan Debt Relief. And the Single Payer Heath Care. And the Universal Basic Income to people who can't work OR WON'T WORK.

Don't have any razor blades around when you do your Bernie Sanders tax return. In fact, it might pay to rob a convenience store and just go straight to effing jail. At least they'll feed you.

Because after Pocahantas or Beto or Occasional-Cortex gets through with you, you aren't going to have any income to tax.

Old 02-11-2019, 04:00 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,115,724 times
Quote:

Do you even know how tax refunds work?

The government stole less of your money, so there's less of an overcharge.

Old 02-11-2019, 04:04 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Do you even know how tax refunds work?

The government stole less of your money, so there's less of an overcharge.
You can lead a horse to water...

Old 02-11-2019, 04:04 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Stop blaming Americans because the GOP pulled a fast one. It wasn't Trump--he has no clue regarding legislation, or from his past shady history--of taxes. Like the child he is, he wanted a Win! And like Brexit, people who want to believe they are not being lied to were lied to.

Go back and read the analysis and prognostications that were made at the time the GOP was having their kegger in the Rose Garden. Because for Trump and those guys in the Rose Garden--nothing mattered other than a win. They hurt a lot of people and they knew exactly what they were doing.

Really--why would they give everyone tax cuts when the economy is good, unemployment is low and the deficit is massive? Dumb idea--average people do not sound like they thought it was a good thing. But, just another reason not to vote for any of them in 2020.

This was a cover for giving corporate America and the one percent a gift. Trump basically admitted as much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies