Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 11:04 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I'm not talking about statist laws.

Just don't try to force anyone to participate in the marriage in any way shape or form that doesn't wish to participate.
Amen sister!

We had a bakery in town and they agreed to make the cake but did not wish to make any frosting.

It was a huge dilemma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 11:21 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
First of all, I mentioned it's NOT a gay/straight thing.

Secondly, if you think kissing and "sucking face" is the same thing...you didn't have much fun during your late teen years and/or early twenties...lol. Sorry about that, you missed out on a lot.

Thirdly, if my date decided rather than us "sucking face" in the back set of my car, they rather wanted to sit inside the coffee shop, I'd probably decline and not be nearly as enamored with them any more.

Thirdly, breast feeding is healthy, necessary and natural function to feed your baby...who needs to eat quit often and sometimes at a moments notice. Unless you can only breathe by sucking oxygen through your dates tongue, it's probably not quite as necessary to do it in public at a moments notice. if you do have this affliction, you probably need to see an ENT doctor for some surgery.
My comment not a gay/straight thing wasn't directed at you, but to the general audience as it were.

I had plenty of " fun " in my youth

Sucking face is an extreme form of kissing. Again, I personally find it annoying, but again, it's not illegal. My concern here is that for some there is a double standard. A straight couple kissing is kissing, a gay couple...well some who are uncomfortable may exaggerate what they are doing. Like holding hands. A straight couple walking down the street holding hands is seen as cute. A gay couple? Well they are flaunting it. I believe that double standard exists in the kissing scenario. I'm NOT saying that is the case you your scenario.

My comment about breast feeding wasn't to compare to what is needed or not. It was to highlight the fact that women who do breast feed in public get the same kind of reaction from ignorant people. Being asked to leave as an example.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:46 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
My comment not a gay/straight thing wasn't directed at you, but to the general audience as it were.

I had plenty of " fun " in my youth

Sucking face is an extreme form of kissing. Again, I personally find it annoying, but again, it's not illegal. My concern here is that for some there is a double standard. A straight couple kissing is kissing, a gay couple...well some who are uncomfortable may exaggerate what they are doing. Like holding hands. A straight couple walking down the street holding hands is seen as cute. A gay couple? Well they are flaunting it. I believe that double standard exists in the kissing scenario. I'm NOT saying that is the case you your scenario.

My comment about breast feeding wasn't to compare to what is needed or not. It was to highlight the fact that women who do breast feed in public get the same kind of reaction from ignorant people. Being asked to leave as an example.
100% agree with you here. There is absolutely a double standard. A gay couple giving a quick kiss to each other when one is leaving is seen by some as "flaunting their gayness", while that same person won't bat an eye if a straight couple does so. Same thing with holding hands, flirting, or whatever else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies