Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump declaring a national emergency to try and go around congress?
Yes 67 35.26%
No 123 64.74%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 08:03 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Where do you get this nonsense you post?
I can answer that for you. They get it from right-wing media who knows their audience can be fed any nonsense since they are uneducated and clueless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 08:03 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverjazz2019 View Post
Mass shootings are an obvious National Emergency!.
vastly more people die at the hands of illegals than in mass shootings every year.

so I suppose what you are saying is, the boarder security issue is in fact a national emergency.

PS more children die in swimming pool accidents than in mass shootings so I suppose you are saying that is also a national emergency...

Old 02-15-2019, 08:07 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I can answer that for you. They get it from right-wing media who knows their audience can be fed any nonsense since they are uneducated and clueless.
Crazy. I can't believe some of these people believe that nonsense.

Donald Trump truly does love the uneducated.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:09 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
PS more children die in swimming pool accidents than in mass shootings so I suppose you are saying that is also a national emergency...
More jobs are taken by robots than illegals and more people die falling down stairs than illegals kill so we need emergencies to deal with both.

The best part is they think that this "playing stupid" shtick is going to fly with educated and experienced judges.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:09 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Agreed and one of the repercussions of this is that Congress may be forced to rescind or revise the Emergency Powers that were granted to the President. All because we elected a President that was willing and able to abuse those powers.
They won't do that because it would diminish the power of the Presidency in the future for other Presidents be they Democrat or Republican.

And it isn't an abuse of power anymore than the Democrats are abusing their power as House majority by publicly declaring that they will say "no" to any of the President's requests just to appease their base.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:10 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
vastly more people die at the hands of illegals than in mass shootings every year.

so I suppose what you are saying is, the boarder security issue is in fact a national emergency.

You want to know what kills more than guns, illegals, or drownings combined? Lack of health insurance! Lets use a national emergency to fund and get a national health plan going!

Study: 45,000 Deaths Per Year Due to Lack of Health Insurance
OCTOBER 15, 2018

Old 02-15-2019, 08:12 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
It is just me or are a bunch of these a bunch of crap? https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/polit...ncy/index.html

Then to add to this we now will get one for a wall...

You'd think as long as this has been going on with the border of Mexico.. It wouldnt have taken til 2019 to declare an "emergency" over it.. This is not going to end well for Mr Trump
Interesting. I didn't realize so many National Emergencies were still in effect. When would this one end? When the wall is completely built, when illegal immigration drops to zero, when illegal drugs are eliminated? Could be in effect for decades.

The difference between the wall and all the others is that it involves an appropriation of funds, which is constitutionally vested in Congress.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:13 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
They won't do that because it would diminish the power of the Presidency in the future for other Presidents be they Democrat or Republican.

And it isn't an abuse of power anymore than the Democrats are abusing their power as House majority by publicly declaring that they will say "no" to any of the President's requests just to appease their base.
Mitch McConnell, head of the Party of No, in 2010: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.” I bet you didn't whine about that, did you?

Old 02-15-2019, 08:14 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You want to know what kills more than guns, illegals, or drownings combined? Lack of health insurance! Lets use a national emergency to fund and get a national health plan going!

Study: 45,000 Deaths Per Year Due to Lack of Health Insurance
OCTOBER 15, 2018
When a democratic president declares a state of emergency in 2021 for health insurance, legalizing immigrants already living here, gun laws, etc....

The very same conservatives here celebrating Trump bypassing Congress this morning will be FUMING in 3 years from now.

All reasonable people will have to do is cite the precedent set by Trump in 2019, when HE declared an emergency to get what he wanted after Congress didn't give it to him.

Much like Trump himself, Trump voters are short-sighted and don't think very far ahead. They don't realize that what Trump is doing now could empower democrats to do the same thing when they're back in the White House.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:19 AM

16,072 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post

Trump barters a deal......gets some wall money............and still......this is the best part
....and still wants to declare a national emergency to get even more money for that darned wall.
Call it what you will but he is the only President that I have witnessed that keeps his
promise to his voters. Isn't that what every voter wants. A president that can keep a promise?
I voted for Hillary because on the grounds of her political experience.
It was the best mistake of my life. I won't make that mistake again.
You got my vote the next coming election. God Bless you President Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies