Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 11:59 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,426,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What epidemic ? Firearms violence has been on the decline. If you are talking about the stuff that happens in the inner cities, hell yeah , let's get that taken care of. How do you propose getting the guns from the criminals ?
As far as the law abiding firearms owners, we are protected by the Second Amendment. Good luck trying to go after that.
Id like to hear suggestions on how this could be accomplished as well!!

Maybe if someone came up with some new approach that was drastically different than anything else that has ever been tried...maybe it would have some success, but who knows!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 12:57 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,396,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It has taken far more lives than all people any illegal aliens have killed or hurt.

So if Trump can go around Congress for the wall, get ready for the next D president to go full force on confronting the national epidemic of gun violence.

I didn’t want an expansion of executive power, but you cons seem ok with it to further your pet projects. You’ll have to bear that position in mind when the shoe is on the other foot.
Obama and his executive orders. Pen, phone.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:28 AM

28,911 posts, read 14,260,133 times
Quote:
And as deaths caused by illegals are even lower, I’m glad that you agree that the southern border does not constitute a national emergency.
And had the Democrats actually worked with Trump on this , they would have gotten more for their precious DACA immigrants and there would have been no reason to go to this extreme. Again, the root cause to this is the Dems.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:45 AM

11,540 posts, read 5,598,894 times
I find it funny that many here think that only Republicans own guns. My county is a Democratic stronghold - and yet they opened satellite offices back in 2014 for gun permits due to the increased numbers of people looking to get a license. Of the 20 families on our block - more than 1/2 have gun permits and only 2 families are Republican.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:53 AM

18,399 posts, read 6,999,171 times
Quote:
It has taken far more lives than all people any illegal aliens have killed or hurt.

So if Trump can go around Congress for the wall, get ready for the next D president to go full force on confronting the national epidemic of gun violence.

I didn’t want an expansion of executive power, but you cons seem ok with it to further your pet projects. You’ll have to bear that position in mind when the shoe is on the other foot.

Sorry but that's not the way it works.

This isn't "setting a precedent"

Dems want to pretend that no president has ever declared a national emergency before.......

False

And that no president has ever attempted to go around Congress before.....

Also false.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:07 AM

28,911 posts, read 14,260,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I find it funny that many here think that only Republicans own guns. My county is a Democratic stronghold - and yet they opened satellite offices back in 2014 for gun permits due to the increased numbers of people looking to get a license. Of the 20 families on our block - more than 1/2 have gun permits and only 2 families are Republican.
Not true and good for you and your other Democratic firearms owning friends. Although it must be tough for you, supporting the party that has a long history of anti firearm agenda.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:42 AM

8,320 posts, read 4,291,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
There would be a shortage of coffins for years. I encourage the Left to try it.
So you are threating murder?

Old 02-15-2019, 05:48 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,633,484 times
Quote:

so you dont want an expansion of executive power, despite the fact that it was ok when obama and clinton were in the white house right? trump is at least trying to stay within the boundaries of the laws on executive powers, obama on the other hand had plenty of EOs that were unconstitutional.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:51 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,811,343 times
Quote:

I'd like to see your statistics on deaths by drug trafficking, child trafficking, women trafficking as well as the statistics of Americans killed at the hands of MS-13 members.

It's not just Americans being killed by these illegals coming over the border. The people being trafficked with them need protection as well.

Maybe if you realize that there are non Americans whose lives are in danger you will see the necessity of declaring a national emergency?

Old 02-15-2019, 06:03 AM

18,399 posts, read 6,999,171 times
Quote:
And as deaths caused by illegals are even lower, I’m glad that you agree that the southern border does not constitute a national emergency.

Guns are not only legal, but are a Constitutionally protected right.

Crossing the border illegaly is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies