Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 06:47 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
While I disagree with your opinion, it's definitely NOT anti-Semitic. That's because you're applying it across-the-board.

P.S. But the thread isn't really about financial support. It's about the willingness of far too many to accept anti-Semites in Congress. The candidate in question has apologized to Jews for his tweets, but some say it remains to be seen if he's just paying lip service. I fear a parallel track to the one Omar took.
What policies does he back that directly affect the Jewish community in America?

Old 02-15-2019, 06:52 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What policies does he back that directly affect the Jewish community in America?
It's not that direct. It's more subtle.

The venom he demonstrated in his tweets toward Israel (the KKK? really?!) is communicating his belief that Jewish people, who have been persecuted for millenia and need a homeland for safety, are not important enough to defend against hate - and that spills over to American Jews.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:24 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
VA House Candidate Says Israel Worse than KKK

At least she did not say Hitler.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:30 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
It's not that direct. It's more subtle.

The venom he demonstrated in his tweets toward Israel (the KKK? really?!) is communicating his belief that Jewish people, who have been persecuted for millenia and need a homeland for safety, are not important enough to defend against hate - and that spills over to American Jews.
America is their homeland. If not I don't care one iota about them or what a politician says about them or their country because it's meaningless to what happens in America. Over the top comment? Sure but it doesn't matter when it comes to policy. I don't want 1 dime going to Israel or anyone. Granted if you pick 1 country it should be Israel but we give more money to Israels enemies than we give to Israel. If I was in Israel I'd want America to stop all foreign aid. It hurts Israel.

That said, tweets are sound bites. Often they are meaningless drivel.

It's always about policy. That's how you can tell exactly what one believes in and what's important in politics.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
America is their homeland. If not I don't care one iota about them or what a politician says about them or their country because it's meaningless to what happens in America. Over the top comment? Sure but it doesn't matter when it comes to policy. I don't want 1 dime going to Israel or anyone. Granted if you pick 1 country it should be Israel but we give more money to Israels enemies than we give to Israel. If I was in Israel I'd want America to stop all foreign aid. It hurts Israel.

That said, tweets are sound bites. Often they are meaningless drivel.

It's always about policy. That's how you can tell exactly what one believes in and what's important in politics.
Yeah, except America is experiencing an alarming rise in antisemitism. American Jews need to know that there's a country of refuge should things continue this downward spiral.

And I don't agree about tweets being meaningless drivel. They reveal one's attitudes, and attitudes is what inform policy decisions. If I were to tweet something like.....blacks shouldn't get preferential treatment in college admissions because it punishes whites, I would expect those in favor of affirm action to take that sentiment into consideration should I decide to run for elected office.

But you're right about the money America gives to Israel's enemies. Obama gave $1.5 billion to the Muslim Brotherhood, as just one example. That's policy. BAD policy.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:55 AM

20,333 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
VA House Candidate Says Israel Worse than KKK

At least she did not say Hitler.
Lefties go back and forth on those accusations.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:34 AM

Default Democrat Israel-Hater Just Won in VA House Election

The pro-Palestinian Muslim Democratic candidate who only a few years years ago tweeted that giving money to Israel is worse than giving money to the KKK, and that a former Prime Minister is burning in hell, won his election in a liberal area of Virginia.

On the face if it, this looks like an expansion of the Israel-haters among Far Lefties. Upon further investigation, though (I don't live there, so not my election), it was relatively close (45% R, 51% D, with remaining some indepdent candidate) in a area which is largely liberal.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:37 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
The pro-Palestinian Muslim Democratic candidate who only a few years years ago tweeted that giving money to Israel is worse than giving money to the KKK, and that a former Prime Minister is burning in hell, won his election in a liberal area of Virginia.

On the face if it, this looks like an expansion of the Israel-haters among Far Lefties. Upon further investigation, though (I don't live there, so not my election), it was relatively close (45% R, 51% D, with remaining some indepdent candidate) in a area which is largely liberal.
You seem triggered.

Elections have consequences. Move to Virginia and vote against him if you don't like it.

You have every right to your own personal opinion, but just because a politicians personal opinions don't jive with your means you have to attack them with insults and fake news.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
You seem triggered.

Elections have consequences. Move to Virginia and vote against him if you don't like it.

You have every right to your own personal opinion, but just because a politicians personal opinions don't jive with your means you have to attack them with insults and fake news.
And just because you don't like the facts doesn't mean it's Fake News. He DID say Israel was worse than the KKK and that the PM is burning in hell. And he still won. Proves that Democrats can say the most hateful things about Israel - speaking broadly - and still win. What's fake about that?

Old 02-20-2019, 06:44 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
You seem triggered.

Why be the example of what you are complaining about ? What kind of logic is that ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies