Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 12:56 AM

6,282 posts, read 2,829,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
My grandpa was 22, my grandma was 14/15, when he came home from Korea in WW2, they married and eventually had 3 kids, they were married for over 50 yrs, and died within 3 years of each other. NOT A SINGLE person ever called my grandpa anything negative for the age difference, it wasnt even controversial at that time.

Alot of this controversy today about underage/ age differences has nothing to do with concern for protecting minors, I think its more about creating criminals where there was none before...Had my grandpa done the same thing today, he probably would have been called every nasty name in the book and likely been arrested and been labelled a predator, this really indicates how horrible the times are that we live in today.
It's part of the war on sex. There's a book about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 01:09 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,803,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
That is the reason for statutory laws. I've seen some 15 year old's of either gender that could easily pass for 20 year old's in both stature and behaviour.
Yup. Even if they look and act more adult than their age, they're still 15, and with a 15-year-old's underdeveloped frontal lobe, so it's the adult's responsibility to help them make better decisions, not worse ones.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:39 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,041,833 times
What I don't understand is, why did she turn herself in, as oppose to keeping quiet about it, unless she just had a really guilty conscience?

Old 02-18-2019, 04:02 AM

11,906 posts, read 5,538,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, 'sex with a minor' could apply to any age under 18. Its basically third degree rape, statutory, only due to the age.

There are certain names for sexual disorders, like pedophilia, which is defined as an attraction to pre pubescent, there is another term for attraction to age 5-9, another term for attraction to 10-12, and I believe, the last one is attraction to ages 12-14/15/16.

Naturally, there is no term for attraction to 15/16 and up, because, well, that is basically normal attraction at that point, there is no 'sexual disorder' in that type of attraction, in other words, its normal. (not much physical difference between a 15/16 yr old and an 18 yr old).
This isn't about sex between someone of 15 or 16 and someone of 18. That's something I can understand, even if I don't particularly condone it. It is normal. For a 40-year-old to get involved with a 15-year-old is not. To think they are pretty? Sure, they probably are. Youth is pretty. To consider them an appropriate sexual partner? Hell, no.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,443,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
This isn't about sex between someone of 15 or 16 and someone of 18. That's something I can understand, even if I don't particularly condone it. It is normal. For a 40-year-old to get involved with a 15-year-old is not. To think they are pretty? Sure, they probably are. Youth is pretty. To consider them an appropriate sexual partner? Hell, no.
For a 40 yr old to engage in sex with a 15 yr old is certainly inappropriate, but I dont think it rises to the level of criminal, or even defines the older person as having some kind of disorder...well, they may have some mental disorder for actually doing this, but from an attraction standpoint, its not abnormal at all for someone 40 yrs old to find a 15 or 16 yr old physically attractive.

The physical body of a 15/16 yr old is pretty much the same as an 18 or 19 yr old, so there is no attraction to kids thing going on, the 40 yr old would basically have an attraction to the developed female body (that is normal attraction), it only crosses into disorder/ criminal when the 40 yr old is attracted to someone physically undeveloped.

And this definitely does not apply to ALL 15/16 yr olds, some are more developed than others, that is a huge factor in determining whether the attraction is normal or not.

Old 02-24-2019, 11:50 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,041,833 times
Why did she turn herself in though?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies