Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 07:12 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,423,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
It will be interesting to watch Trump and Coulter attack each other. Coulter could be the canary in the coal mine as far as Trump is concerned. She has a following and a soapbox and could be trouble if she decides to call it quits on him.
Most followers WANT to believe in Trump, that is clear. This is just like the story of the Emperor's New Clothes. In the face of cognitive dissonance most are denying to themselves the raw truth.

Then a voice calls out ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Imperial Presidency.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	208073
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 07:24 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,131,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The brilliant negotiator painting himself into a corner where there was no way for him to win.

That's what happens when you start off with a lie. (Mexico will pay for the wall)
I wish I knew how to draw just so I could make a cartoon of Trump painting himself into a corner.
Thats a great image Pknopp! I repped you already so I couldnt rep you again

Old 02-17-2019, 07:33 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,073,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebonnet1975 View Post
Can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Ann Coulter....
me too!

Old 02-17-2019, 07:37 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,697,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
hard not to agree with this quote of Ann Coluter; "...the goal of a national emergency is for Trump to scam the stupidest people in his base for 2 more years.”

present company excluded of course
So is it ok for “liberals” to believe Ann Coulter because now she agrees with what they (and I include myself in that label most of the time) thought about this???

I find the irony of her “honesty” just a tsunami washing over previous anti-Coulter disbelief...

And while she might have been an icon of the alt-right POV what are they going to say now about her reversal
That Trump IS failing his base, that he has knuckled under to the liberals/Pelosi in Congress?

She and Trump are having a spat—is that likely to last or bring any meaningful light to the conservative Trump-supporting niche???

Old 02-17-2019, 07:40 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,598,675 times
If someone says something you agree with you should admit it regardless of party affiliation.

That’s the problem these days. Folks are so loyal they will ignore truth.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:42 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,073,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If Trump really wanted his wall to be funded, he would threaten to put his nude picture online, if he doesn't get the money.
lol!

thanks for a great laugh and horrifying picture in my mind at the same time!

Old 02-17-2019, 12:10 PM

2,486 posts, read 821,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Why do so many people despise Trump? If I have to explain it to you you'll never know.
There you go again!

You didn't answer the question, you simply went straight to implying I'm the one that doesn't understand. You come across as arrogant and ignorant when you type nonsensical BS and then blame Trump for not being able to make you like him. It's an absurd position, but then what hasn't been absurd from the left over the last two+ years.

I can only hope that, at some point, the left actually give a crap about real issues rather than repeating the daily meme of feigned outrage and pretending to be something they're not.

It isn't a good look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
The impeachment push sounds like an expectation of failure in the next election.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
If someone says something you agree with you should admit it regardless of party affiliation.

That’s the problem these days. Folks are so loyal they will ignore truth.
EXACTLY RIGHT!!!
I hated some things Obama did and liked some things he did. I hate some things that Trump is doing and like some of the things he's doing.

All I see are hypocrites spouting how the hate EVERYTHING based on party and nothing more. They are the reason we look like crap to the rest of the world. We are supposed to be the UNITED states. Now we are just the divided states.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:31 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,357,114 times
Ann is usually right but every now and then she gets something wrong.

We would have a wall now if not for Democrats who want illegals voting in our elections (because most of them will vote Democrat) and the cheap labor Republicans.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:23 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,265,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Ann is usually right but every now and then she gets something wrong.

We would have a wall now if not for Democrats who want illegals voting in our elections (because most of them will vote Democrat) and the cheap labor Republicans.
Why didn't we have wall legislation during the two years Republicans held both houses? Why wasn't it an emergency then?

It's such a transparent con-job.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:24 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,357,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Why didn't we have wall legislation during the two years Republicans held both houses? Why wasn't it an emergency then?

It's such a transparent con-job.
a lot of Republicans are open borders, their corporate donors want cheap labor.

It is an emergency....AMericans have been assaulted, raped and murdered by illegal immigrants, like Mollie Tibbets. Drug cabals are bringing a lot of drugs into the country and getting people hooked which leads to other problems like homicide and poverty.

If the illegal immigrants were likely Republican voters, there would have been a wall taller than the one in Game of Thrones built decades ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies