Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 03:36 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,803,645 times

Advertisements

If Trump loses in 2020 and the Democrats get in power and they attempt to declare a national emergency for gun control, I think that's it for the good ole' US of A. I can't see the right accepting that or waiting on the courts to take action. The ONLY way to prevent this at this point is bipartisan legislation to reign in the executive branch. Agree or disagree? Did Trump just make civil war inevitable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 03:40 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,943,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If Trump loses in 2020 and the Democrats get in power and they attempt to declare a national emergency for gun control, I think that's it for the good ole' US of A. I can't see the right accepting that or waiting on the courts to take action. The ONLY way to prevent this at this point is bipartisan legislation to reign in the executive branch. Agree or disagree? Did Trump just make civil war inevitable?

Unlike the right, Dems care about the constitution. It will not be used in that manner in the future. Trump is a cancer of our society. He will be cut out soon.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:45 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,493,553 times
Quote:
Civil War won't happen.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:46 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,763,725 times
No, civil war is not inevitable. SCOTUS is going to rule against Trump. Even the "originalists" on the bench will not want to allow this is my belief.

But even if Trump's action stands and a Dem gets elected in 2020, I cannot see a President using it to declare an emergency over guns. There are over 250 million of them out there and it would be insane to try to remove them. No president in his right mind would do that. I am not a fan of the 2nd Amendment at all but at this point gun confiscation is not going to happen. We have created a monster and largely have to live with it at this point.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:48 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,406,673 times
Quote:
Kind of a dumb clickbait post, no civil war will not be happening.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:50 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,903,979 times
Attacking any of the tenets of the Bill of Rights is going to amount to civil strife.

And Pelosi's threat goes both ways. Some president could declare black on black violence in the cities a national emegency.

I don't care about the wall. I do care about threats to the Amendments to the Constitution.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:53 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,204 times
Quote:
No. Democrats don’t have enough support in their own base for something like that. Hence why there’s really been no change for a long time.

I typically vote Democrat. I own guns. I’d vote against someone wanting to do something so foolish.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:53 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,160,706 times
Why do conservatives get their panties in a twist over "gun control"? Gun control is not confiscation. Gun control are regulations to increase safety while fully preserving our 2A rights.

Cars have been required to have license plates for nearly 100 years. Has that led to government confiscation of cars? No. In the same way, we could institute gun registration and mandatory background checks and not take away 2A rights.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:56 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,274,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Why do conservatives get their panties in a twist over "gun control"? Gun control is not confiscation. Gun control are regulations to increase safety while fully preserving our 2A rights.

Cars have been required to have license plates for nearly 100 years. Has that led to government confiscation of cars? No. In the same way, we could institute gun registration and mandatory background checks and not take away 2A rights.
Yes! License, registration and insurance. I'd gladly put my guns on the list if it saved one child.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:57 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,493,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

Guess you haven't heard of NRAs endorsed redflag laws.

Gun control goes against the 2nd amendment entirely.
The regulations do not increase safety.
They limit what we the people may possess, otherwise it's a felony charge.
Meanwhile things like magazine bans, do not apply to criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies