Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 01:58 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

We’re the United States last I checked. We don’t murder detainees.

Bottom line is that ISIS has more right to be in Syria than we do. At least they’re all Arabs or Muslims. What the hell is your country doing there? Sticking their nose in the middle of a civil war that’s none of their business.
???Never advocated for killing them, I said hand them over to Syria.

I agree, we should have never been there, none of our business, we are illegally occupying a country. however, the thread asked "what to do with 1000 ISIS prisoners", my answer is to hand them to the Syrian government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 02:16 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
No they aren’t. They’re combatants. If they’re criminals, then everyone in Syria with a weapon is a criminal.
Wrong again, they are not part of any national army. Those would be combatants and would qualify. ISIS is merely a bunch of criminals.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:18 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
This is yet another reason to stay out of dumb wars. The only thing that can be done with these so-called bad guys is release them back to their home countries. Of course at American taxpayer expense. Of course, they’ll leave again and go adventure seeking for some other Islamic conflict somewhere in the world.

Senator Tom Cotton wants to put them in Guantanamo, but that just shows how dumb he is. We already have enough problems figuring out what to do with the people we already house there. We’ve made them too angry to release, but we have no charges to file against them. Being in ISIS isn’t against the law (especially since we created ISIS to begin with). And of course, that’s because nearly none of them are terrorists in the first place with a tiny few possible exceptions. It should disturb Americans as it is that we’re detaining people without trial without adding 1000 more to the total.

Wars! Dumb, usually unnecessary, and fraught with a million problems down the road that are almost always unforeseen by incompetent generals and pols who make a quarter of a million dollars a year in pay and benefits.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...-do-with-them/

Soylent Green?

Old 02-16-2019, 02:22 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Put MAGA hats on them and tee shirts saying Trump Pence 2020 and parachute them into NYC, Portland, Seattle and San Francisco. The tolerant Loony Leftists will 'take care of them.'
Or Chicago at 2 AM on a cold morning........

Old 02-16-2019, 02:24 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Quote:
The typical MAGA mentality. You also thought the war in Iraq would be a cakewalk and they had tons of WMD.
Show me the post where I made that claim.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
???Never advocated for killing them, I said hand them over to Syria.

I agree, we should have never been there, none of our business, we are illegally occupying a country. however, the thread asked "what to do with 1000 ISIS prisoners", my answer is to hand them to the Syrian government.
Ok. Fair enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Wrong again, they are not part of any national army. Those would be combatants and would qualify. ISIS is merely a bunch of criminals.
The United States is illegally fighting a war in Syria. Illegality is criminal.

Being part of a national Army doesn’t negate that fact. Invading Iraq was illegal too. So since your country has a pretty long track record of criminal behavior, where does this moral authority come from to designate others in their OWN region as criminal when you yourself aren’t supposed to be there?

You guys have a lot of stinkin nerve. And that’s exacrly why 9/11 happened. Yet, you learned nothing from it. Still walking around with that American Hubris.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:17 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,695 times
Quote:
Come on man.

Wasn’t tryna be funny, but glad you found some humor.

Yeah...I had to scratch my head on that one.

Then you should’ve done it on the battlefield. Too late now. And the United States isn’t a nation of nihilists...except for you apparently.

You should have stayed there. You’d fit right in.

I wouldn’t brag about going to Iraq more than anyone else here. That’s like bragging that you intentionally hit yourself in the head with a hammer the day after you accidentally bumped your head.

Speaking of too many head bumps....

We’re the United States last I checked. We don’t murder detainees.

Bottom line is that ISIS has more right to be in Syria than we do. At least they’re all Arabs or Muslims. What the hell is your country doing there? Sticking their nose in the middle of a civil war that’s none of their business.
A group like ISIS has less right to be anywhere, even in their own nation of origin, and even less so than foreigners. I wasn't exactly bragging about being in Iraq so much as, for whatever faulty reasons we had for being there, I have experience that you do not.

You claim yourself to be morally and intellectually superior despite showcasing your widely and correctly condemned faulty logic, arrogance, contempt for those with more experience, being (rightly) pointed out for your inconsistencies and, then misrepresenting what people consistently enough that it almost seems purposeful. Then, you claim to know every single soul, saying things like none of us would shoot a rabbit or a person. I even said there should be trials to confirm facts and identity but, your end goal is damn near to call everyone some kind of bigot who thinks they shouldn't just be unconditionally released because, America is the big, bad, racist empire.

Your position is unequivocally wrong, foolish and, biased in favor of a group of people that would stick your head on a fence same as they would with any "westerner", or eve other middle easterners of a slightly different opinion or faith if given the chance.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
A group like ISIS has less right to be anywhere, even in their own nation of origin, and even less so than foreigners. I wasn't exactly bragging about being in Iraq so much as, for whatever faulty reasons we had for being there, I have experience that you do not.

You claim yourself to be morally and intellectually superior despite showcasing your widely and correctly condemned faulty logic, arrogance, contempt for those with more experience, being (rightly) pointed out for your inconsistencies and, then misrepresenting what people consistently enough that it almost seems purposeful. Then, you claim to know every single soul, saying things like none of us would shoot a rabbit or a person. I even said there should be trials to confirm facts and identity but, your end goal is damn near to call everyone some kind of bigot who thinks they shouldn't just be unconditionally released because, America is the big, bad, racist empire.

Your position is unequivocally wrong, foolish and, biased in favor of a group of people that would stick your head on a fence same as they would with any "westerner", or eve other middle easterners of a slightly different opinion or faith if given the chance.
What ISIS would do to me is irrelevant. That’s not even important. If you’re not there, then you have nothing to worry about. What ISIS does over there is none of my concern NOR yours.

And again with the bragging on Iraq. It doesn’t matter that you were there. It adds nothing to the thread, and gives your opinion no preponderance whatsoever. For all I know, all you did was sling chipped beef at the mess hall. But even if you were in the fight, so what? We didn’t win anything and the war was a disaster anyway. Top to bottom. So what exactly does your experience add to the conversation about ISIS in Syria?

Oh yeah: NADA.

We have 1000 ISIS detainees and have no idea what to do with them. THAT’S the issue. We aren’t gonna kill them because killing detainees is illegal.

So stop fantasizing and get real.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:14 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
The worst of them can join their friends at Guantanamo. Turn the rest of them over to Assad and the Russians, problem solved.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:18 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,695 times
Quote:
What ISIS would do to me is irrelevant. That’s not even important. If you’re not there, then you have nothing to worry about. What ISIS does over there is none of my concern NOR yours.

And again with the bragging on Iraq. It doesn’t matter that you were there. It adds nothing to the thread, and gives your opinion no preponderance whatsoever. For all I know, all you did was sling chipped beef at the mess hall. But even if you were in the fight, so what? 1. We didn’t win anything and the war was a disaster anyway. Top to bottom.

2. So what exactly does your experience add to the conversation about ISIS in Syria?

Oh yeah: NADA.

We have 1000 ISIS detainees and have 3. no idea what to do with them. THAT’S the issue. We aren’t gonna kill them because killing detainees is illegal.

So stop fantasizing and get real.
1. Well, you are absolutely right there. If I disagreed, then I would also be guilty of saying 2+2=3.

2. It adds experience, something you obviously don't respect. Everybody wanna be a keyboard warrior but, few have even done anything close to it. It also serves that maybe we aren't all the deplorable, whatever-phobes you claim everybody to be, but that seems to be a lost cause with you.

3. Since you wanna criticize everyone else, what would YOU do? Free them? Enroll them in financial subsidies? Send them care packages as recompense for having to deal with the big, bad, boogeyman?

Many of them are actual sadistic murderers, of civilians within their own population. Many of them deserve capital punishment to the same standard as we have for murderers here. Use trials to establish:
1. If they are the actual perpetrator.
THEN
2. If they murdered Soldiers.
AND / OR
3. If they murdered Civilains.

If 1 AND, 2 AND / OR 3 is fulfilled the death penalty should be warranted. If not, release them near their country of origin with a bottle of water and a lighter.

...but your arrogant tone indicates you would want them to be awarded citizenship papers and transitional housing apartments... in which case YOU are the one who needs to stop fantasizing.
...well with Congresswomen like Ilhan Omar, your desire might be more likely but, that doesn't make it any less ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies