Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 09:23 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...dget-deal/amp/

This is a great read and just reinforces my support for the President.
Cornyn is scum. He sold us out by voting for the bailout when he said he wouldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 09:27 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Oh, my. Your reading skills need some work. You should have paid more attention in elementary reading class. Maybe read a little slower and try and stay focused. But, hay...practice makes perfect.
"I didn't need to do this..." Sounds like an admittance that there is no emergency to me. See Posts #16 and #17 for confirmation of Trump's own words.

And hay is for horses. Perhaps it is you who needs to go back to elementary school.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
My husband goes there frequently for work and he would disagree with you. He spends lots of time in el Paso, McAllen and Laredo, and a few places off border, but near the 2nd checkpoints.
Hmm...who to believe? The county sheriffs whose jurisdiction includes the border, and whose job it is to know these things, or some unknown Internet poster who claims her husband "goes there frequently," and therefore absolutely knows more about it than these county sheriffs?

Old 02-17-2019, 09:37 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Did you listen to Trump yesterday? Totally off the rails. An emergency, that's not an emergency.
It actually is. It's an ECONOMIC crisis for our country. We just cannot afford to take in more of these impoverished and uneducated people with all of their children. These economic refugees are one of the main causes for our country's income disparity. And add to it, all of their health problems from their bad eating habits (soda, carbs, diet) and the high costs of having to educate all of their children... we just can't do it any longer.

And what about our American homeless? We need to be dealing with that problem first, before taking in these foreign would-be parasites. And having to deal with their non-English speaking children detracts from the quality of education that our own American children are getting.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:42 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
I can understand why you think the way you do L.R. but let me ask you a question. Do you live in a right wing bubble or do you research? Rush Limbaugh is a Trump apologist and spin doctor. I watched Hannity a couple of nights ago and he was mum on anything that had to do with anything that had to do with the Mueller investigation and current conviction of Sam Patten. Oh those Clinton's over and over and over and over. Pretty soon you're repeating the look over there rhetoric like a parrot. Ever wonder why almost 3 years into Trump's presidency and there is still no investigation into Hillary? Ever hear Session's say in an open hearing that there was nothing to investigate Clinton for? I have. I'm sure you won't hear that on Fox. Look, if you're living in a right wing bubble media, that bubble will explode. You can't live in an alternate universe forever. Reality always catches up.

I'm just curious. Do you know who Sam Patten is? Do you know who Constantine Kilimnik is? What did Manafort give to Kilimnik? Please broaden your horizons.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
It actually is. It's an ECONOMIC crisis for our country. We just cannot afford to take in more of these impoverished and uneducated people with all of their children. These economic refugees are one of the main causes for our country's income disparity. And add to it, all of their health problems from their bad eating habits (soda, carbs, diet) and the high costs of having to educate all of their children... we just can't do it any longer.

And what about our American homeless? We need to be dealing with that problem first, before taking in these foreign would-be parasites. And having to deal with their non-English speaking children detracts from the quality of education that our own American children are getting.
Do you seriously believe that?

Old 02-17-2019, 10:46 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:

Sounds to me like you are describing the average MAGA deplorable. It must be a pretty ugly world you live in compared to the rest of us.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:50 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,220,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That's all they EVER hear. The rest of the world hears mental illness, lies, perhaps some senility creeping in; narcissism, etc.

But Trump voters are happy as long as he's 'stickin it to the libs'.

Nothing else matters.

Sad!

but still a great song!

Old 02-17-2019, 10:55 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,220,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Oh, my. Your reading skills need some work. You should have paid more attention in elementary reading class. Maybe read a little slower and try and stay focused. But, hay...practice makes perfect.

What does "hay" have to with anything? Oh....you mean hey.

Old 02-17-2019, 11:27 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:

Are you being funny?

A friend helped develop the first ESL program in Ft Bend County Texas 35 years ago. When DD started teaching 25 years ago, her Houston high school had 85 languages spoken in one school. She tutored at lunch time. Cost a fortune because the kids skipped lunch to get help so she took lunch for 20 or so kids every day.

During that time every home builder in Texas used illegals. They still do. The all time largest money giver to Republican party was a builder. Do you think it ever occurred to him that he also wanted his employees to be single and celibate?

Income disparity is not the fault of illegals. It is the employer who decides what they will pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies