Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 01:39 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No witness to the unreported alleged rape?

She didn't understand why she was sick, and also, apparently, didn't notice she stopped having periods.

Mother doesn't notice her cheer leader daughter is knocked-up?

Doesn't seem like anything associated with this story warranted action until the child was discovered to be damaged goods.

Quote:
Getting knocked-up is also common.

Since she was a cheer leader, I'll assume she wasn't chubby before her pregnancy, so no one realizing she was pregnant for eight months doesn't wash.

The reason the story doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense is because it was likely changed at the last minute.

I believe the mother and pregnant daughter were horrified to find out the baby the daughter was carrying would have sever birth defects.

Once they learned this, they probably wanted to abort the child at the last minute but couldn't because it was viable and delivering the child wouldn't threaten the daughter's health.

The rape story is almost certainly an embellishment by someone that rolled the dice and got caught.

Norma McCorvey was urged by friends to claim to have been raped so that she could receive a legal abortion under then Texas law that allowed an abortion is the case of rape, but there was no documentation (police report, medical examination, etc.) to substantiate the claim, so the abortion was denied.

She would later admit that the rape story was a fabrication.

Getting knocked-up through the normal process and later claiming to have been raped is nothing new...tried and true, really!

Of course the poor rape victim has a laundry list of reasons for not coming forward at the time.

Nothing new.
Quote:
Probably true but irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
just as irrelevant as someone accusing her of making it up...………..

No one knows she's pregnant for eight months?

You buy that?

Old 02-19-2019, 01:49 AM

Quote:
She didn't. that's her point..... she wished she could have. Your Nazi comparison is ridiculous by the way...….

Her denial isn't credible because she also stopped having periods.

Even if she can't figure out why she is getting sick, everyone with two brain cells to rub together knows why periods stop.

As for the T-4 program, the only difference between late-term elective abortions due to disabilities and the Nazi plan to eliminate the handicapped is the means by which the unwanted are dispatched.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Great, now see if you can answer my question.

Which disability resulting from the under-developed brain of this child would justify killing the victim of an automobile accident with similar disabilities?
Quote:
That is why I think it is usually left to the immediate family to decide...………..I believe it is referred to as allowing them to die rather than being artificially kept alive.

Let's try that again......

The accident victim isn't going to die anytime soon and will require lots of expensive care.

Which disability resulting from the under-developed brain of this child would justify killing the victim of an automobile accident with similar disabilities?

Old 02-19-2019, 02:51 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Very interesting how the men who write abortion bills that call for the woman, who gets an abortion, should get up to life in prison or even the death penalty, but they never want anything to happen to the male even though he provided the sperm, which led to the unwanted pregnancy, which led to the abortion. The male can just go on being free to knock up more women who end up being charged with murder for getting an abortion. So do most pro-life people feel that nothing should happen to the man, since he had nothing to do with the woman's decision in choosing to get an abortion?

Old 02-19-2019, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Dude View Post
To all of those self righteous religious people out there who think abortion is wrong; I challenge you to not have any kids of your own, but to adopt one of the kids who needs a home on this planet. If you do not do this, then you can't claim any sort of moral superiority on this subject.

If you are pro-life then you need to fully subscribe to it.

My lack of moral superiority doesn't really change anything.

Arguably one of ****-poorest pro-abortion arguments, btw.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:59 AM

33,548 posts, read 18,143,148 times
To murder this baby is just plain sick. Life hands us all very difficult situations to deal with . To believe that the best route was to murder this baby is wrong.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:19 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Jesus Christ, another who can’t be bothered to read.
Jesus Christ, another who doesn't understand the norm vs a cherry picked event.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Probably just another poster who believes she wasn't raped.
For sure a poster who makes it about the drama surrounding something that rarely happens as if that's the norm.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Did you read the article?
How many abortions are because of rape?

Old 02-19-2019, 05:41 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How many abortions are because of rape?
I don't know (nor did I claim to), and you don't, either.

My point was, you said that one woman - the one in the linked story - should have behaved more responsibly.

Once again, I ask you, did you read it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies