Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2019, 12:31 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
It is not judging someone to say that a baby dies and suffers during abortion no matter what reason the woman has for doing so. That needs to be said, heard and repeated. Yes, there are women who feel that it isn't a baby, abortion isn't painful for the baby, doesn't cause some woman emotional trauma later in life if not at the time she has the abortion, feel that it isn't a human life, is just a bunch of cells. She has the right to know.

Yes, some women don't give a damn. They have places to go, things to do and taking their pill is too much trouble for them in their busy schedule, drunken stupor, you fill in the blank. This does exist and to deny it is disingenuous.
Horse pucky! That nonsense you spew only needs to be said because you get off on hearing yourself saying it.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:32 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
It is not judging someone to say that a baby dies and suffers during abortion no matter what reason the woman has for doing so. That needs to be said, heard and repeated. Yes, there are women who feel that it isn't a baby, abortion isn't painful for the baby, doesn't cause some woman emotional trauma later in life if not at the time she has the abortion, feel that it isn't a human life, is just a bunch of cells. She has the right to know.

Yes, some women don't give a damn. They have places to go, things to do and taking their pill is too much trouble for them in their busy schedule, drunken stupor, you fill in the blank. This does exist and to deny it is disingenuous.
I don't think people are denying there are irresponsible women and men out there, but this subject is about late term abortion.

I still think no woman in her right mind would choose late term abortion if she felt she had another option at the time.

What would you do if the doctor said to you, "Your baby had severe birth defect, she or he probably can only survive three month after birth." What would you do? perhaps you would still choose to give birth to him or her, that is your choice deserves to be respected. But can we really condemn a woman who choose late term abortion in this situation? Come on, let's be fair here.

I am very close to my grandfather, but when he suffered from terminal throat cancer, all he wanted is to die. I think a lot of people value quality of life. Just "breathing" is not living. If the baby had to suffer for three month, giving birth to that baby in my opinion is cruelty. Abortion in this situation is showing mercy to that baby. It is of course just my opinion, I don't expect everybody to agree with me.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:37 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
[snip]

In the case of the teen in this example, there is rape and a late diagnosis of anencephaly in the doomed fetus. ( are you ignorant to that defect that is not survivable?)
[snip]
I won't quarrel with her decision, but it isn't true that all fetuses diagnosed with anencephaly are doomed, not survivable.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:40 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Cheap tubal ligations and vasectomies will prevent most problems.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:42 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I won't quarrel with her decision, but it isn't true that all fetuses diagnosed with anencephaly are doomed, not survivable.
Anencephaly, also known as "open skull," is a birth defect in which the major parts of the brain, scalp, and skull of the fetus do not form completely as it is developing in the womb.
Anencephaly occurs when the neural tube, a narrow channel in the fetus that normally closes to form the spinal cord and brain, does not close properly between the third and fourth weeks of pregnancy. An infant born with anencephaly has some or most of the brain missing. These infants are unconscious, cannot feel, and are usually blind and deaf.
In many cases, some brain tissue may be exposed because parts of the skull are missing. Some infants may have a primitive brain stem at birth. They may seem to respond to sound or touch, but their reactions are involuntary and are caused by the action of the brain stem.
Anencephaly is a fatal condition. Infants with anencephaly are stillborn in about 75 percent of cases. Newborns, who survive, die within several hours, days, or weeks.

Unfortunately during my pediatric rotation at a renowned children's hospital, I witnessed 2 tragic birth cases in the 1970s. ( only hours alive) About one in nearly 5,000 babies is born with anencephaly each year.

P.S. The woman referenced in the article, that supposedly precipitated this thread, was a teen rape victim who carried the baby to full term and heartbreakingly detailed the tragic aftermath and results.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-17-2019 at 01:02 PM..

Old 02-17-2019, 12:47 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
You pro-late term abortion supporters:

Do you support mothers being able to give up their kids at any age because they don't want them? It would go a long way toward ending the shortage of adoptable, desirable babies and kids. The kids would be happier and so would both sets of parents.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:49 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It's true that some people do live longer than expected with this condition or ones like it. Jaxon Buell is an example. But like this baby, I remember article saying that he suffers constant seizures, often cries incessantly, inconsolably, and has health issues. Pretty sure he can't eat on his own and has a feeding tube. Jaxon will never live anything remotely close to a normal life. People who are missing (never had) the majority of their brains cannot possibly function on their own, ever. Jaxon, assuming he survives longer-term, will always need a caretaker to help perform even basic functions for him and watch him to make sure he's breathing, isn't having a seizure, etc.

I would not blame any mother/parent who decided that an abortion is better than such a "life." Just because a person has a beating heart and some function doesn't mean they are living any sort of meaningful, sustainable life. The article about Jaxon is a few years old now, but newer ones are rare. Afaik his current condition is unknown (and if the parents aren't in the press about him like they used to be, I'd assume that it's not looking good for him).

I also see someone born like this, without much of their brain, as different from a living person who has suffered brain damage in some type of accident or as a result of illness.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:51 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It's true that some people do live longer than expected with this condition or ones like it. Jaxon Buell is an example. But like this baby, I remember article saying that he suffers constant seizures, often cries incessantly, inconsolably, and has health issues. Pretty sure he can't eat on his own and has a feeding tube. Jaxon will never live anything remotely close to a normal life. People who are missing (never had) the majority of their brains cannot possibly function on their own, ever. Jaxon, assuming he survives longer-term, will always need a caretaker to help perform even basic functions for him and watch him to make sure he's breathing, isn't having a seizure, etc.

I would not blame any mother/parent who decided that an abortion is better than such a "life." Just because a person has a beating heart and some function doesn't mean they are living any sort of meaningful, sustainable life. The article about Jaxon is a few years old now, but newer ones are rare. Afaik his current condition is unknown (and if the parents aren't in the press about him like they used to be, I'd assume that it's not looking good for him).

I also see someone born like this, without much of their brain, as different from a living person who has suffered brain damage in some type of accident or as a result of illness.
bold is really the bottom line for me.

well said

Old 02-17-2019, 12:54 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:
It becomes the norm to hear about abortion until it becomes acceptable. Children are dying and people are arguing for the rights of women to kill them. UNBELIEVABLE.
No, *children* are dying and instead of helping them, you are arguing about abortion on the internet. Unbelievable.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:58 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Probably true but irrelevant.
just as irrelevant as someone accusing her of making it up...………..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies