Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 08:24 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times

Advertisements

The Trump presidency has entered its third year and we have a tougher policy toward China, a weaker policy toward Russia, and a new NAFTA agreement which made minimal headway toward making America great again.

Koch brother foundation articles can publish a dozen propaganda articles saying that the jobs are coming back. That doesn't make it true. Big business will never pay $20 an hour for low skilled jobs when it doesn't have to.

Other than a major tax cut for the rich, minor modifications to NAFTA, and protecting corporate technology from the Chinese, did you get your good jobs back? This is a personal question which won't stand up to all of the lies that Fox news tells every day.

Even if you can't get your good job back, would you be willing to let the democrats rebuild our roads and maybe get you health care? Would you be willing to let the democrats tell your corporate masters that it will take more than arbitrary reasons to fire you?

Voting republican hasn't worked for the middle class for more than a hundred years. Social Security and Medicare are the creation of democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 08:27 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
And I hope people will continue to note that the only areas that anything positive can at least be claimed (whether fully true or not) all really only deal with money, and mostly money going to people who already have it. In pretty much every other area - health care, environment, consumer protection, etc. - it's worse.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:35 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
I'm working more than ever and making more than ever. So thank you Trump for giving this happy blue collar manufacturing worker a hand! I couldn't be more happy with the fact that my government is working for hard working American workers like me again

Also, learn a useful skill or trade and you will never need a hand out or useless government social programs. Even today, you can earn you keep, as god intended, if you commit to learning your trade or craft, and put in some effort. If you can earn your keep, you will have no use for democrats, who will only stand in your way and try to hold you back from achieving your potential. Democrats truly suck!

Old 02-16-2019, 08:45 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I'm working more than ever and making more than ever. So thank you Trump for giving this happy blue collar manufacturing worker a hand! I couldn't be more happy with the fact that my government is working for hard working American workers like me again

Also, learn a useful skill or trade and you will never need a hand out or useless government social programs. Even today, you can earn you keep, as god intended, if you commit to learning your trade or craft, and put in some effort. If you can earn your keep, you will have no use for democrats, who will only stand in your way and try to hold you back from achieving your potential. Democrats truly suck!
What exactly did Trump do For you.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:46 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

Defeat Hillary for one thing. I assume the general good times that followed had something to do with Trump as well.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:50 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I paid roughly $3900 less in income taxes this year because of his tax cuts.

I work in the medical industry and the elimination of the medical device manufacturer taxes associated with Obamacare was massive for the industry.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:54 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I paid roughly $3900 less in income taxes this year because of his tax cuts.

I work in the medical industry and the elimination of the medical device manufacturer taxes associated with Obamacare was massive for the industry.

Good for you. Why don't you ask the people who don't have thirty k in deductions anymore.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:57 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Good for you. Why don't you ask the people who don't have thirty k in deductions anymore.
I didn't lose any tax deductions Tony, which deductions did you lose because of the tax cut?

Old 02-17-2019, 05:49 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
The Trump presidency has entered its third year and we have a tougher policy toward China, a weaker policy toward Russia, and a new NAFTA agreement which made minimal headway toward making America great again.

Koch brother foundation articles can publish a dozen propaganda articles saying that the jobs are coming back. That doesn't make it true. Big business will never pay $20 an hour for low skilled jobs when it doesn't have to.

Other than a major tax cut for the rich, minor modifications to NAFTA, and protecting corporate technology from the Chinese, did you get your good jobs back? This is a personal question which won't stand up to all of the lies that Fox news tells every day.

Even if you can't get your good job back, would you be willing to let the democrats rebuild our roads and maybe get you health care? Would you be willing to let the democrats tell your corporate masters that it will take more than arbitrary reasons to fire you?

Voting republican hasn't worked for the middle class for more than a hundred years. Social Security and Medicare are the creation of democrats.
Social Security and Medicare are about to bankrupt us.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:51 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Trump is the best President we've had since Thomas Jefferson and will easily be re-elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies