Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you hold your party or side to the same standards?
Yes, of course. 22 73.33%
No way. Double standard is my standard operating procedure 6 20.00%
I don’t know. 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 05:29 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Republicans didn't care about GWB doubling the national debt and handing Obama the worst economy in generations anymore than they care about trillion dollar annual deficits under trump.

I'm sure when we have the next dem president though, we will hear about it though from the right
Oh, indeed we will.

And God forbid the next Democratic President say something about having more flexibility after the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 05:40 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Party doesn't mean squat to me, the person does. Trump could be a Democrat or Independent, and it would not matter, he is a bum regardless of party affiliation. Obama could have been from any party, and I still would have liked him because of who he is deep inside.

However, I do like the philosophies of the Democratic party more, like them being more accepting of ALL people, not interfering in the right of a woman to make her own choices about her own body, and their general agenda. I find the GOP to be populated by primarily stiff white men, who care more about the rich than Joanne Average, so I tend to lean left.

But if Donald Trump were gone, I would accept any good person to sit in that seat, regardless of the party.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:42 AM

30,356 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Regardless which party or side you subscribe to, do you hold everybody to the same standards? For example, were you as critical against Trump as you were against Obama?
I hold Republicans to a much higher standards than I do Demonic Rats.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:16 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yet not a peep from you regarding trump trillion dollar annual deficits from a tax cut that wasn't paid for

Old 02-17-2019, 06:38 AM

30,356 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yet not a peep from you regarding trump trillion dollar annual deficits from a tax cut that wasn't paid for
Wrong, I've criticized all of the Congress and Presidents that have continued mortgaging our kids and grandkids future, especially Nancy, Harry, and Barack's historic record deficits and I expect Republican Congress to do much better which they do better than Demonicrats but not near enough to get a passing grade from me.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:05 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Party doesn't mean squat to me, the person does. Trump could be a Democrat or Independent, and it would not matter, he is a bum regardless of party affiliation. Obama could have been from any party, and I still would have liked him because of who he is deep inside.

But if Donald Trump were gone, I would accept any good person to sit in that seat, regardless of the party.
Really? You expect anyone but lefties to believe this?

Put on your waders folks the s**t is deep.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:35 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Regardless which party or side you subscribe to, do you hold everybody to the same standards? For example, were you as critical against Trump as you were against Obama?
Let the people comments speak for themselves. If Obama did what Trump is doing, people would be screaming their heads off, but instead they try every excuse to defend the lies and ridiculous comments and actions.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:43 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Wrong, I've criticized all of the Congress and Presidents that have continued mortgaging our kids and grandkids future, especially Nancy, Harry, and Barack's historic record deficits and I expect Republican Congress to do much better which they do better than Demonicrats but not near enough to get a passing grade from me.
Thanks for proving my point.

Trump signed the second biggest spending bill in history last April and is running record deficits during a supposed boom and all you can talk about is Nancy, Harry and Barack.

You're exactly what's wrong with the gop

Old 02-17-2019, 07:43 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Now that's really messed up. Demonic Rats?

Old 02-17-2019, 07:49 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
The Leftist Media sets the “standards” for The Sheeple. Citizens no longer have the capacity to think for themselves - the Media tells them what to think.

For Example - Non-Stop worship of Obama and Non-Stop Hostility & Hate for Trump.
We now have a Political Party that is Protesting against Jobs and Protesting for an Alien Invasion .... that the Media led Sheeple think that’s great. It’s insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies