Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2019, 08:10 PM

4,942 posts, read 2,194,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
WV is a ***thole. No one wants to live there... Conservative or Liberal.
Those degrees are not originating from California. CA ranks a solid 50 out of 50 in graduation rates.

State %High School Grad Rank %Bachelors degree Rank %Advanced Degree Rank
California 81.8% 50 31.4% 14 11.6% 14
Georgia 85.4% 39 28.8% 23 10.7% 20

Red state GA is not far behind in the percentage of bachelor and advanced degrees. Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 08:10 PM

8,285 posts, read 2,900,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
But it also has the 14th highest rate of those 25 and over with a bachelor's degree. And the 14th highest rate of those 25 and over with an advanced degree. West Virginia is dead last in both of those categories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nal_attainment
And it's liberals cities in both those states that have the highest homicide rates as is typical in the U.S.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:11 PM

19,474 posts, read 22,378,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
WV is a ***thole. No one wants to live there... Conservative or Liberal.
I lived there over 15 years. Eastern panhandle? Fine. Rest of the state? Festering meth $hit*ole.

What a dump of a state.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:14 PM

1,874 posts, read 810,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
If I'm a person that decided 20 years ago I was never going to achieve more than what I could do in high school and I didn't want to work very hard doing it, then I need to move to the city. The costs go up...but it's not like I need to pay for it. There's programs, entitlements, rent caps....lots of stuff. Lots of stuff that would never fly in conservative areas that determined 20 years ago that they weren't your mother, and if you weren't going to take care of yourself, why should they?

Anyway, there's a lot of money to be made fleecing the unmotivated masses. So long as programs put money into their hands, then its easy to take from them. It's not like they're going to save anything. At any rate, that makes the land valuable. Spoke with a guy a week ago who wanted to know if I wanted to partner with him housing just released prisoners. You get like 2 grand a month for each one and can put 3 in a room. You have to feed them 1 meal a day. The others they are on their own. You don't have to be there either. After 9 months with no crimes committed they max out of the program. There's no end of supply.

So, effectively I rent a 4 bedroom place for $24K a month on a gross lease plus 360 meals. So I've got $4K a month in operating expense. That's $20K profit, guaranteed payment from the programs that are pretty liberal minded. Looking to help people that are down.

Don't like prisoners....there's all kinds of people. Kids. Drug rehabilitation. Care for elderly. Section 8. Former prisoners pay the most though. You don't have that in rural conservative areas.

So when you, Joe Normal, is looking to rent a 4 bed place for your family...you have to realize I have options. Really good paying options. If you want to live here, go rob a liquor store or lose your job and we'll talk...otherwise you might not pay the rent.
wtf is this. you seemed bad after the first stanza. i thought it would get better. it didn't.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:19 PM

1,874 posts, read 810,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amokk View Post
Go for it. I bet country types have exciting games, like "lets count how many teeth we have between our inbred cousins. First to get to a dozen wins!"
ive never understood how whites are inbred ones when blacks seldom know who both parents are. think about that.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:20 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,426,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
What "worthless regulations"? Like running water, and electricity?
Like no toilets in use on the front porch, and no shooting range in the back yard.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:42 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,164,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
California is highly liberal and has the highest percentage of those over 25 without a high school diploma.
What I wrote stands.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:56 PM

427 posts, read 349,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
ive never understood how whites are inbred ones when blacks seldom know who both parents are. think about that.
Who ever said anything about race? Are you obsessed with the color of other people's skin?

Old 02-18-2019, 09:02 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,237,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Because to paraphrase our president, no one wants to live in the ****hole conservative areas.
Mississippi.... isn't that the state Alabama is grateful for so they only come in 49th in everything lol

Old 02-18-2019, 09:03 PM

20,733 posts, read 9,351,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
And it's liberals cities in both those states that have the highest homicide rates as is typical in the U.S.
Homicide rates 2017
West Virginia 4.7
California 4.6

Sorry, California's homicide rate is actually a tad bit lower than WV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies