Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 06:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Because I believe our law enforcement agencies and China's own government even admits it
You cannot trust what US law enforcement says in regards to the drug war though, its a huge conflict of interest for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
DEA constantly says that the illegal drugs come in from ports of entry.
Ever thought that they may be wrong?

Keep in mind this is the agency whose duty is 'drug law enforcement' and yet numerous cities and states have heroin epidemics going on...They are the LAST group I would trust, they have demonstrated they are not effective, in other words, their opinions do not have much validity.

There can only be 2 explanations...either they are RIDICULOUSLY ineffective at their jobs, or there is collusion.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:50 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ever thought that they may be wrong?

Keep in mind this is the agency whose duty is 'drug law enforcement' and yet numerous cities and states have heroin epidemics going on...They are the LAST group I would trust, they have demonstrated they are not effective, in other words, their opinions do not have much validity.

There can only be 2 explanations...either they are RIDICULOUSLY ineffective at their jobs, or there is collusion.
If you were a Mexican drug cartel member responsible for shipping drugs to the USA would you put your product in a backpack and have some poor sole schlep it accross the desert for days then to climb a wall find a drop off in a city? sounds like a surefire way to lose your drugs.
https://goo.gl/images/9Fd8dm

Old 02-21-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If you were a Mexican drug cartel member responsible for shipping drugs to the USA would you put your product in a backpack and have some poor sole schlep it accross the desert for days then to climb a wall find a drop off in a city? sounds like a surefire way to lose your drugs.
Have you ever heard of ANY city, at ANY time, that was going thru a street drug shortage, or suddenly saw dealers not having drugs to sell, or addicts not able to find drugs? I lived as an addict for many years, and I never once saw any shortage or lull in the supply, in fact it was just the opposite, dealers were having MUCH more dope pushed on them than they thought they could sell off.

You have to remember, the cartels have to keep THE ENTIRE nation fully supplied like this, thats every small town and large city and everything in between!! I have an 'educated' guess at how they are accomplishing this, ( since I knew many dealers), but the scale of this is something I probably cannot comprehend, so Im not 100% sure.

To your point...if I saw evidence (like new reports or articles) that multiple regions or areas in the country had sporadic 'street drug shortages' or lulls in drug activity (and this would be very evident and noticeable), I would support the DEAs theory, that 90% are coming in thru border checkpoints....but so far, this has not happened, what im seeing instead is EVERY city and state are being kept FULLY supplied at ALL times (again, the consistency). Seems like last week there was a headline about border patrol making some HUGE heroin bust, I believe they nabbed close to $100M worth of the stuff on a truck...OK, so where are the areas of the country that is impacting, they should have drug shortages, major sudden decrease in drug activity and drug related crime (addicts wont steal or rob when there is no drugs to buy).

Old 02-21-2019, 08:29 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Because I believe our law enforcement agencies and China's own government even admits it
1. As others have noted, our drug enforcement racket pays 10's of billions to people to fight the "war". I'm not saying they are outright lying, but they don't know much. If they did, we wouldn't have more drugs than ever before at the lowest prices ever.

I usually don't take the opinion of the biggest losers....as gospel.

2. China IS a source of all kinds of stuff. No one doubts that. But you are effectively telling us that the Canadian and American chemists who are on record as claiming them make millions of doses...are making the stories up! Is that the case?

The point is not whether they come from Mexico or China or Big Pharma or American, Canadian, Indian and European chemists. They do!

The real question is why Americans don't like their lives, but that's unlikely to be solved on an forum.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:40 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Have you ever heard of ANY city, at ANY time, that was going thru a street drug shortage, or suddenly saw dealers not having drugs to sell, or addicts not able to find drugs? I lived as an addict for many years, and I never once saw any shortage or lull in the supply, in fact it was just the opposite, dealers were having MUCH more dope pushed on them than they thought they could sell off.

You have to remember, the cartels have to keep THE ENTIRE nation fully supplied like this, thats every small town and large city and everything in between!! I have an 'educated' guess at how they are accomplishing this, ( since I knew many dealers), but the scale of this is something I probably cannot comprehend, so Im not 100% sure.

To your point...if I saw evidence (like new reports or articles) that multiple regions or areas in the country had sporadic 'street drug shortages' or lulls in drug activity (and this would be very evident and noticeable), I would support the DEAs theory, that 90% are coming in thru border checkpoints....but so far, this has not happened, what im seeing instead is EVERY city and state are being kept FULLY supplied at ALL times (again, the consistency). Seems like last week there was a headline about border patrol making some HUGE heroin bust, I believe they nabbed close to $100M worth of the stuff on a truck...OK, so where are the areas of the country that is impacting, they should have drug shortages, major sudden decrease in drug activity and drug related crime (addicts wont steal or rob when there is no drugs to buy).
You and others are assuming that every shipment that comes through legal points of entry are caught.
Statistically there is no way that can be true.

There are simply too many trucks and too many ships and too many planes to search them all.

More likely those big busts were decoys that kept authorities busy while other shipments slipped through.
No different than the people who take advantage of the opportunity to speed when cops already have someone pulled over.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You and others are assuming that every shipment that comes through legal points of entry are caught.
Statistically there is no way that can be true.

There are simply too many trucks and too many ships and too many planes to search them all.

More likely those big busts were decoys that kept authorities busy while other shipments slipped through.
No different than the people who take advantage of the opportunity to speed when cops already have someone pulled over.
If it was impossible to smuggle drugs through legal ports of entry, attempts to do so would cease. These operations are highly compartmentalize Transport and funding are entirely different operations.

That huge fentanyl bust at one of the Nogalez legal entry points was a truck of cucumbers with concealed cargo. The driver was paid $26 to make the trip and knows nothing. The source farm knew nothing. The truck was a rental arranged by a third party.

Who knows? While this record bust was going down an even bigger shipment was moving through the same legal point of entry.

With more than a million people legally moving through the legal ports of entry every day, unless every vehicle is dismantled, every piece of cargo examined and every person stripped and cavity searched, drugs will flow.

So long as there is a demand, the drugs will find a way in.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:

I doubt a wall will make any noticeable difference in the availability of drugs in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies