Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you voted for Trump, which best describes your current opinion?
I love Trump even more now than I did originally. 53 43.80%
I feel pretty much the same, overall, still liking him a lot. 36 29.75%
I mostly like him, but I'm discouraged that he's not at all "presidential," with the dignity I'd hoped for. 10 8.26%
I'm frustrated, because he turned out to be not conservative enough and/or blocked by others. 2 1.65%
I'm deeply disappointed by his ongoing hostility and ineptness, and feel let down and conned, sorry I voted for him. 20 16.53%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 01:03 AM

10,142 posts, read 15,832,258 times

Advertisements

Trump was initially only my 4th choice for President. Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Ben Carson, all people of color btw, were above him. But I rallied around Trump when he became the nominee because I'm a Republican and in general elections I always stand with my party. I had always felt we needed an Israeli or Korean style wall on the entire Mexican border and as the son of LEGAL immigrants was sickened by illegal aliens invading our nation and using our tax money but I wasn't sure Trump would be able to deliver on his promise. The reason I had initially supported Cruz, Rubio, and Carson before him was because Trump had been a Democrat before and had said things favorable about Planned Parenthood and had complimented the Clintons in the past so I felt his conservative bona fides were not as established, particularly compared to Ted Cruz. While Cruz blinked when Obama shut down the government ot force Obamacare on us, he fought valiantly to stop Obamacare.

Right now I think Trump has surpassed my expectations of him. I do wish he was classier in his language, but I agree with nearly all of his beliefs which is important to me. I do think like Cruz in the past, Trump made a mistake by reopening the government. He should have gone scorched earth and kept the government shutdown till the Democrats backed off and funded the wall. There are two issues I have with the emergency declaration. First, it will go to the Supreme Court and the Supreme Court is still controlled by liberals. Trump at least should have waited until our side appointed another justice to the Supreme Court before doing this to ensure our victory in the court. Roberts is loyal to the liberal side. He's proven himself a liberal time and time again such as with Obamacare and gay marriage.

Also I don't think military funds should be used for the wall. The funds should come from foreign aid to Mexico and other countries whose illegals are coming here and should be taken from the liberals pet causes like high speed rail, Planned Parenthood, etc. And should come from liberal states with sanctuary cities.

I totally agree with his SC nominees and trust him to appoint another conservative justice who will fight against abortion and protect our borders. If roe vs Wade can be repealed, abortion will immediately end in my state and I pray for that day to come soon. We have state laws here in Louisiana from the Bobby Jindal administration that ensure this. Abortion si a great sin by which our nation will have to answer for and we must fight this evil and wickedness and this direct affront to God.

I agree with him standing up to other countries and renegotiation unfair trade agreements though more should be done to subsidize American farmers who might be affected in the short term. I do think we will be getting more manufacturing jobs back which is important, despite the liberal elites looking down on blue collar workers and not caring about the decline of heavy manufacturing in America. I like how Trump supports the police over race baiters like Colin Kaepernick and the Black Lies movement.

I think Trump is treated unfairly and EVERYTHING he says is taken out of context. For example his comments about rapists and murderers were about illegals not all Mexicans and the both sides comments about Charlottesville was in reference to people on both sides of the Confederate monuments debate, not about neo-Nazis. Because there were MANY people who were there to support the Confederate monuments out of Southern pride who were NOT neo-Nazis or Klan.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:16 AM

24,418 posts, read 9,287,588 times
Bernie is running so I’m feeling very good about another Trump election win.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:20 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,161,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
If you voted for Trump, with Trump at the midpoint of what many hope will be his only term, if indeed he finishes that out, how are you feeling now, as opposed to two (or three) years ago?
I'd make the same vote again. He's done more good than harm, although I am disappointed in some ways. Too much turnover in the cabinet, no infrastructure spending, too slow to move on the wall. Washington DC needed a shakeup from business as usual, and Trump hasn't disappointed here. And he sent Crooked Hillary into retirement although unfortunately the biatch is still walking around as a free woman when she should be behind bars.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:25 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,480,308 times
Where's the OP? No comment at all on the results of this poll.

Oh that's right. Busy creating another topic based on the crooked opinion of the NYT.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:40 AM

2,965 posts, read 1,727,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Where's the OP? No comment at all on the results of this poll.

Oh that's right. Busy creating another topic based on the crooked opinion of the NYT.
The OP is one of the 17 who voted “deeply disappointed” and has moved on to obsess on our President in other threads

Old 02-20-2019, 06:51 AM

21,814 posts, read 9,367,999 times
Wow, I guess this poll didn't turn out the way you wanted. Maybe you could round up some of the paid posters to vote a few more times.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:53 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,794,371 times
Looks like anti-Trump liberals also voted in the poll... Why is it I am not surprised......

Old 02-20-2019, 07:45 AM

25,423 posts, read 17,101,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Bernie is running so I’m feeling very good about another Trump election win.
Bookies are on your side. They still lean toward a Trump win.
3/2 Trump.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:50 AM

6,252 posts, read 5,048,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
If you voted for Trump, with Trump at the midpoint of what many hope will be his only term, if indeed he finishes that out, how are you feeling now, as opposed to two (or three) years ago?
Like him more now than I did when I voted for him back in 16. I'll be voting for him again.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:52 AM

21,814 posts, read 9,367,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Like him more now than I did when I voted for him back in 16. I'll be voting for him again.
Me, too. I honestly have never, in my lifetime, seen a President who actually kept his promises like Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies