Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 07:37 PM

19,924 posts, read 8,811,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Then get another skill. Or move to another area. My point is you have no grounds to be whining about your position in life if you are spending your evenings watching America's Got Talent or reruns of Big Bang instead of doing things that can improve your opportunities.
Amen.

168 hours in a week, if 40 hours of pay doesn't fit your lifestyle, get another couple jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 07:44 PM

2,570 posts, read 1,730,471 times
There is no such thing as FREE Childcare. Every American will be billed for it, with higher Taxes. I say, NO!!!!

Old 02-27-2019, 07:51 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,896,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
There is no such thing as FREE Childcare. Every American will be billed for it, with higher Taxes. I say, NO!!!!
Why do we have to raise taxes? We don't for the wars.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:52 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,051,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why do we have to raise taxes? We don't for the wars.

Have you heard of the national debt? How's your credit score?

Old 02-27-2019, 07:55 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,896,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Have you heard of the national debt? How's your credit score?
Irregardless, we do not.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:23 PM

19,394 posts, read 6,440,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Irregardless, we do not.
No such word.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:45 PM

11,337 posts, read 10,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Every post of yours glaringly describes how banks got public money in 2008.
Except that I am against banks getting any public money, I am for abolishment of the Federal Reserve, and I am against all bailouts.

In fact, I think we need Establishment Clause 2 establishing Separation of State and Commerce.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:52 PM

11,337 posts, read 10,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
According to him they should exist barely enough so they can pay the bills, rent and credit card debt. Just another classic classist.
There should be no credit card debt. Credit card debt is another example of MAKING BAD CHOICES. And by the way, taking care of business, independently and autonomously like an adult, and paying your rent and bills without vampiring off your fellow citizens is THE HIGHEST CLASS OF PERSON. I want more people like that. And yes, they are in a HIGHER CLASS than people who have babies out of wedlock, abuse substances, sit on their a$$es, and wait for Pocahantas to BUY THEIR VOTES with endless handouts that bankrupt and destroy my country.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:10 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,005,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
There should be no credit card debt. Credit card debt is another example of MAKING BAD CHOICES. And by the way, taking care of business, independently and autonomously like an adult, and paying your rent and bills without vampiring off your fellow citizens is THE HIGHEST CLASS OF PERSON. I want more people like that. And yes, they are in a HIGHER CLASS than people who have babies out of wedlock, abuse substances, sit on their a$$es, and wait for Pocahantas to BUY THEIR VOTES with endless handouts that bankrupt and destroy my country.
I agree.Paying back what we owe shows one's integrity. However I would also lend a hand to who are genuinely struggling.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:14 PM

717 posts, read 446,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Proposing one fantasy after another.

Sanders and his tuition free college, Kamala and her $500 monthly check proposal to families, Warren and her free universal childcare to families who make less than $50,000 and of course Medicare for All which they have no way to pay for it just a campaign statement to get liberals to go to the polls.

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/stre.../19/id/903335/

Wonder how many goodies they are going to propose between now and election time.,

We can add universal childcare onto medicare for all and $500 prize each month to Democratic proposals.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/kama...e-incomes.html

So far, Kamala is proposing a $500 gift a month for families and Warren is proposing universal childcare that is free for families who make less than $50,000 and no more than 7% of income for those above $50,000

They have also proposed Medicare for All but there is no viable way to pay for it, so they want people to trust them that they know what they are doing.
The only sane explanation here is that the Left goal is to sell something insanely off the charts so after negotiations it achieves more likely still a left-leaning agenda while relatively looking like a fair compromise. Much like a Dutch auction you don’t Expect to sell on the opening price but making the start price higher makes what would be still a high price seem that much reduced.

Maybe the end version of all this, for example, would be some additional low income tax credits for qualifying childcare costs, as opposed to hands down free childcare for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies