Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 07:55 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Can’t touch another kid. ! This is two wrongs does not make it right! I taught my kid to hit the bully - to defend himself.
You can physically intervene to stop something that is happening in your presence, but you can't do what this guy did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 09:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wntour View Post
LMAO. It is more likely the kids will escalate the bullying now that the girl's dad is going to be on probation or parole and unable to risk a second arrest.

Also, don't any of you internet tough guys understand that the kid that was slapped also has family that will be looking to F up the slapper? The safest place for that dad right now may be in a segregated jail cell. If he is smart, he will be looking over his shoulder for a few years.

I assume these people live in an affluent neighborhood. If you pull this crap in the hood or a working class area, you will be getting a beatdown at some point. An adult slapping a child is not something that people are just going to ignore.

I agree on teh bold, which is why I'd get a kid to do it lol.

And FWIW I did grow up in a working class, ghetto environment. No one ever messed with me or my family because I have a wing of the family that is gang related (literally a street gang). They will F up anyone I ask them to "get" to this day. One of my cousins offered to go bust out windows of a lawyer for me after I was distraught about something that occurred at one of my jobs a few years ago lol (I didn't tell him what the lawyers name was because he would've googled them and found their address and did what he said he was going to do!). They are also pretty professional at kicking a$$ and their kids like to fight and have offered to beat up anyone that messes with my own kids. My family has always stuck together like this. If one of us gets beaten up we'd all have hell to pay later on and so we have a mentality that if one of us is messed with, you mess with the whole family.

I've lived in affluent neighborhoods as I am well educated and well paid and have lived in various places around the country. But the mindset I grew up with will not let me allow anyone to hit my kid or bully my kid. I also encourage my kids to beat the s**t out of anyone who dares to bully them. And if they are thrown out of school, I'll pay to send them to private school or home school them. You don't let people bother you in this way IMO and I know my view is VERY different from the mainstream suburbanite in particular, but that is probably why my kids have never been bothered.

My son has had some teenage girls try to boss him around via social media/texting, that is probably the closest its come to for us. I reviewed his phone back then regularly and saw the messages and I took her number, screen shot conversations and I made sure to let her and her mother know that my son is not the one to try to boss around and try to control and threaten the way she was doing and she'd better either stop talking to him completely or change her style of communication or she was going to have problems and not to let me show her what those problems are. I was and am very serious about my kids. I'm also not a "tough guy" I consider myself a Mama-Bear who doesn't take any sh** because I'm from the sort of background you mention that will beat you down.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:05 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

And FWIW I did grow up in a working class, ghetto environment. No one ever messed with me or my family because I have a wing of the family that is gang related (literally a street gang). They will F up anyone I ask them to "get" to this day. One of my cousins offered to go bust out windows of a lawyer for me after I was distraught about something that occurred at one of my jobs a few years ago lol (I didn't tell him what the lawyers name was because he would've googled them and found their address and did what he said he was going to do!). They are also pretty professional at kicking a$$ and their kids like to fight and have offered to beat up anyone that messes with my own kids. My family has always stuck together like this. If one of us gets beaten up we'd all have hell to pay later on and so we have a mentality that if one of us is messed with, you mess with the whole family.

I've lived in affluent neighborhoods as I am well educated and well paid and have lived in various places around the country. But the mindset I grew up with will not let me allow anyone to hit my kid or bully my kid. I also encourage my kids to beat the s**t out of anyone who dares to bully them. And if they are thrown out of school, I'll pay to send them to private school or home school them. You don't let people bother you in this way IMO and I know my view is VERY different from the mainstream suburbanite in particular, but that is probably why my kids have never been bothered.

My son has had some teenage girls try to boss him around via social media/texting, that is probably the closest its come to for us. I reviewed his phone back then regularly and saw the messages and I took her number, screen shot conversations and I made sure to let her and her mother know that my son is not the one to try to boss around and try to control and threaten the way she was doing and she'd better either stop talking to him completely or change her style of communication or she was going to have problems and not to let me show her what those problems are. I was and am very serious about my kids. I'm also not a "tough guy" I consider myself a Mama-Bear who doesn't take any sh** because I'm from the sort of background you mention that will beat you down.
Charming.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:10 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Uh, the F you can't.
no you can't and you're going to have to give back your "Toughest Guy on the Playground Trophy" too

Old 02-21-2019, 10:15 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:

There is nothing wrong with family sticking together and having each others backs, but what you keep writing out is not as impressive as you think it is.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:26 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,815 times
Quote:

Sounds like ghetto behavior to me. If I was your son I would run, not walk, away as soon as I could. Nothing worse than a mamma's boy.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:29 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Talk to the bully. Threaten to harm the bully and their mother if it happens again. One must be civilized even when dealing with the uncivil.
Threatening to harm other people because of the bully is civilized? I think we have different definitions of the word...

Old 02-21-2019, 10:30 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
He shouldn't have hit the boy but I can understand his anger too many people aren't teaching their kids to respect others.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:35 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
Society just can't have people dishing out their own justice on others, that leads to anarchy.

That being said, for something like this, prison seems harsh to me. Fine him some sum of money and give it to his victim. Have him issue a apology in person.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:45 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Vs you promoting violence on white people.
Nah. But seeing you get smacked up would send me into uproarious laughter that might manage to kill me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies