Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 11:54 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
he's always got Maxine....

she squawks....he pokes...she squawks louder.....he pokes again.....she goes batcrapcrazy

..it's hysterical
The rights obsession with Maxine is comical. Majority of Americans don't know who she is. Hell, I didn't know who she was until the right went after her. The right loves to go after unimportant people. Meanwhile the left goes after Trump the ACTUAL executive of the US government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 11:56 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
The rights obsession with Maxine is comical. Majority of Americans don't know who she is. Hell, I didn't know who she was until the right went after her. The right loves to go after unimportant people. Meanwhile the left goes after Trump the ACTUAL executive of the US government.
And now AOC. Is really weird.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:58 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
she's a wack job, everybody on the Hill knows it
Oh, but you couldn't be more wrong. She's an extremely competent politician - when she walks into a negotiation, she knows to the nth significant digit what voting block she can count on for what. She took 200 million away from Trump and Trump left feeling he'd won - a bunch of his less bright followers still think so. He got the feel-good moment, she kept the money from him. Wonder when he realized?

She also doesn't give two hoots if she's liked and can't give a speech, much less a worthwhile sound bite. For those who like ingratiating entertainers as their politicians, the discrepancy is jarring.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:31 PM

662 posts, read 313,311 times
I think Trump is more comfortable attacking Warren. Despite all the far right venom directed at Pelosi for so long, she is both formidable in Congress and able to go toe to toe with smart ass politicians that try to "put her in her place." Warren has some real issues with her Native American claims that are a sore spot for many. I liked Warren at one point, but she has made an ass of herself blatantly and has not dealt with it very good. Her video of her drinking a beer at home to try and make people like her was as desperate of a publicity stunt as I've seen in a while.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:41 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
When someone needs a punching bag, they don't go looking for a bag that punches back.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:43 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, maybe you need to go back to math class....which is more $1 or 1 billion?

You on the left hold people to their exact words...so...
Who settled further from their position?

Pelosi: $1 to $1 billion
Individual 1: $6 billion to $1 billion

Come on, you’re good at math.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:46 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
I think Trump is more comfortable attacking Warren. Despite all the far right venom directed at Pelosi for so long, she is both formidable in Congress and able to go toe to toe with smart ass politicians that try to "put her in her place." Warren has some real issues with her Native American claims that are a sore spot for many. I liked Warren at one point, but she has made an ass of herself blatantly and has not dealt with it very good. Her video of her drinking a beer at home to try and make people like her was as desperate of a publicity stunt as I've seen in a while.
I agree completely. The video and the DNA test completely turned me off.

(She gets my vote, however, if she’s the nominee, as she’s still light-years beyond Individual 1.)

Old 02-20-2019, 02:47 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
"Nancy Pelosi, or "Nancy" as I call her."

THAT was the moment we realized Trump wasn't going to be able to bully the Speaker.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:49 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Nope--he already found one. Dan Coates. Trump is back to eating his own.

"...President Trump is in a rage again. This time the target is director of national intelligence Daniel Coats, who recently had the temerity to offer an accurate depiction to Congress as to what intelligence assessments have concluded regarding threats to the United States. You see, these assessments undercut Trump’s own public statements, making him look foolish...."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.07fe2293657f

Old 02-20-2019, 03:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
he's always got Maxine....

she squawks....he pokes...she squawks louder.....he pokes again.....she goes batcrapcrazy

..it's hysterical
Since she's now in a position to subpoena his tax returns...

It'll get even better.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies