Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 07:43 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I don't think even Trump knew there were this many stupid people in this country.
Sure he did, How else did Hitlery win the so called "popular vote"?

Old 02-27-2019, 07:44 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Even if this is true I'm still glad Trump won and not Hillary.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:44 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
LMAO!!!! Wishful thinking. Cohen is a convicted liar and he was useless to Mueller......good luck in wasting tax payers dollars from a body that can't do $hiat to Trump.
This is an example of someone who makes little effort to analyze.

Instead, he's just made up his mind that Trump is being "persecuted" and nothing else matters.

Yes, Cohen has been convicted of perjury. Yes, Cohen has lied to Congress.

The issue though is going to be if Cohen can corroborate his allegations about Trump. If he can corroborate them, than it is not particularly relevant that he may had lied before. Corroborating evidence stands on its own. Because Cohen has lied in the past does not mean that every statement that comes out of his mouth is a lie.

Also, the question arises: Why would Cohen continue to lie now that he faces imprisonment? What does he gain by lying?

When we work these questions, we can determine whether Cohen's testimony is damning or merely an attempt to gain some sort of favor.

What we should throw out are comments like the one above that suggests this testimony has no weight because there has been dishonesty in the past.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:45 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Wow his opening statement is actually significantly more scathing than I thought it would be.
I think Cohen’s family finally made him more ashamed of his work for Trump than I guess he could stomach
Of course it reportedly hasn’t made him roll over on his Russian mafia connections because he knows who is more dangerous than Trump...

Do I think what Cohen will bring out is true—
Sure—
But Cohen is not being 100% open and honest
And he went to law school—even it was about the worse in the country—so he knew that lot of what he and Trump were doing was illegal...
I think Cohen was very affronted that Trump did not take him into WH and make him say Chief of Staff or some other public post—
He wanted validation of his loyalty and service to Trump for decades of being a bag man
Cohen wanted to upgrade his reputation and profile
And face it—from the info Trump was chintzy with the money that came Cohen’s way
He had Cohen take out the line of credit to pay off the women and then repaid that in small amounts
That is cheap from a man worth “billions”

So I think Cohen is like of like the jealous wife who was replaced by a younger model
The wife likely knows a lot of dirt about the husband and doesn’t mind splashing it around
It is true—sure...

Old 02-27-2019, 07:45 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Sure he did, How else did Hitlery win the so called "popular vote"?
Many double digit IQ voters in California pushed Hillary over the top in the popular vote.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:46 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well why would he think he was going to win when everyone was telling him he was going to lose? Poll after poll, the talk shows, social media, CNN and the like, the DNC, the Dems at large. They all told us that Trump was going to lose in a landslide like we have never seen before.

Well Trump is not the kind of guy that likes to lose and he gave it his best shot. In fact his campaign should be one for the History books and serve as a model for future political hopefuls.

The thing is with Trump he beat out some well qualified Republicans for the nomination and then he went on to beat the unbeatable the Hillary Beast.

His win actually shows just how bad Hillary was.
You've missed the point.

Trump didn't want to win. He had no desire to serve others or work at something that the primary beneficiary was not himself. He still doesn't really grasp the concept.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:46 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Look at the Trumpling heads explode! Guess what? As I said, he is NOT the only person to say this, many others, including many who know him well personally, have said the same thing.

Face it: You were conned by a con man.
I'm not the least bit concerned about the Fake News Swamp Party with Cohen as the Toastmaster...the real news is in Hanoi and joy at peace with Noko and another great 4 years with Trump as our President

Old 02-27-2019, 07:47 AM

10,759 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
This is an example of someone who makes little effort to analyze.

Instead, he's just made up his mind that Trump is being "persecuted" and nothing else matters.

Yes, Cohen has been convicted of perjury. Yes, Cohen has lied to Congress.

The issue though is going to be if Cohen can corroborate his allegations about Trump. If he can corroborate them, than it is not particularly relevant that he may had lied before. Corroborating evidence stands on its own. Because Cohen has lied in the past does not mean that every statement that comes out of his mouth is a lie.

Also, the question arises: Why would Cohen continue to lie now that he faces imprisonment? What does he gain by lying?

When we work these questions, we can determine whether Cohen's testimony is damning or merely an attempt to gain some sort of favor.

What we should throw out are comments like the one above that suggests this testimony has no weight because there has been dishonesty in the past.
Cohen would lie because:
1) He now hates Trump and wants to take him down.
2) He wants the public to see him as a victim and even a hero.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:47 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Trump did not expect to win, and had no real desire to become president

Ba ha ha, that's Cohen lie #1. Anyone who knows anything about Trump knows Trump doesn't play to lose.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:48 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Trump did not expect to win, and had no real desire to become president

Ba ha ha, that's Cohen lie #1. Anyone who knows anything about Trump knows Trump doesn't play to lose.
I'm afraid to inform you, that MANY people who know Trump a lot better than you have also said he did not really want to be president and did not expect to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies